1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What tracks would you like to see Kunos add? (Google Survey)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Robert M525, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

Click here to submit your answers. (Choose 5.)

I've tried to include all the tracks currently being used in F1, FIA WEC, IMSA (aka the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship), and ELMS as well as tracks that had been popular with those series in the not too distant past.

The answers shuffle so I don't accidentally bias anyone, in case anyone was wondering what's going on with the screwy order.

Responses can be seen here.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can't watch pre-1.5 update replays of kunos tracks Apr 4, 2016
    Tracks modding Kunos tracks with extra pit boxes 1.7 Oct 23, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues All kunos`s tracks need to fix surfaces Jun 2, 2015
    Tracks modding New ai for existing kunos tracks Mar 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Kunos tracks outside of europe Mar 10, 2015
    Tracks modding Question to kunos: can i use objects form assetto corsa tracks? Jul 3, 2014
    ACC General Discussions About those US tracks and Liveries... Feb 21, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI - Unusable on multiple tracks Jan 30, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    General modding discussion Is it possible to animate (tank) tracks? Nov 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New Tracks - Interlagos Nov 5, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Track cuts on Wet tracks Aug 1, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Trackside camera and chopper camera not showing in replay May 11, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Mod tracks unable to load. Feb 1, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SETUP BUNDLE | ALL Tracks | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Jan 11, 2023

3. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

I'm not going to waste my time if Bathurst isn't listed.

4. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

43 options but I knew I was missing something!

I've added it.

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

From your list i went:-

Istanbul Park (Turkish Grand Prix, ELMS)
    Suzuka Circuit (Japanese Grand Prix)
    Circuit de Monaco (Monte Carlo)
    Road America
    Road Atlanta (Petit Le Mans)

Please add:-

Potrero de los Funes Circuit
    Phillip Island

Omelete likes this.
  6. lelinuxien52

lelinuxien52 Racer

Nice survey :)

7. SirJack

SirJack Racer

I would like to see a few more old F1 courses apart from the hopefully soon released Silverstone and Monza10K. 60's versions of Watkins Glen, Kyalami or Monaco would be great to give the classic F1-cars a few more tracks to drive in a proper envoirement:)

ekosan, Fat Rich and Mogster like this.
  8. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Bit of a random selection there; very US heavy and difficult to navigate without alphabetical order TBH.

I only wanted to tick Road Atlanta and Lime Rock, but I was forced to choose five so I ticked Portland, Sebring and Long Beach too.

It was missing some of my favourites I'd love to see, such as Oulton Park, Falkenberg, Pau and Mosport; very US- and F1-centric.

Road Atlanta is one of my favourite track layouts, great for racing and it's not that long - criminally underused in games as I don't think it's been in a PC one since Sportscar GT.

To me it's a pity the usual suspects are way out ahead as I suspect Road Atlanta, Lime Rock and Portland combined would take the same amount of time as Le Mans or Bathurst. A classic version of LM would be something special though; has that ever been attempted before in a game (not a mod)?

Still, interesting to see the responses.

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Historic Spa? Historic Oesterreich Ring?

Really, the results aren't exactly a big surprise are they? Bathurst, CLS, Monaco, Suzuka, unfortunately all probably have stratospheric licence costs...

If we're talking FIA grade one here I can imagine that the Hungaroring would probably be a goer. Close to Kunos, I can't see the licence costs being huge either, classic venue.

Fat Rich likes this.
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I struggled to find 5 that id like. Lots of nasty F1 tracks on there :D

I went with Interlagos, Sonoma, Lime Rock, Mosport & Watkins Glen. I like Road Atlanta but mainly for all the layouts which I doubt we'd get.

would be nice to have some UK tracks on the list. we have a good Donington already. Thruxton, Goodwood & Cadwell would be my picks from the UK.

11. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

1. Hockeneimring
    2. Interlagos
    3. Le Mans
    4. Mount Panorama
    5. Circuit of Americas

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    mESCx likes this.
  12. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

I can't believe that Indianapolis only scores 5%. As a Dutch guy, i sure am not the oval fa guy. But a nice oval circuit would be very nice. Sure would be the way to, to win over some of the die hard iRacing fans (good simracers).

13. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Done.

For me:
    Donington
    Laguna Seca
    Estoril
    Bathurst
    Hockenheim(all available layouts please)<-------!!!!!!

Cheers
    Robin

14. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I was more looking for Daytona, I think it has better road course+oval part than Indianapolis, is more prepared for GT and LMP cars.

15. Rygar

Rygar Rookie

I'd like to see an old version of Monza, the one with the double chicane and fast lesmo 2, or even the old Imola, with the fast "tamburello" and the chicane before the finish line.

And what about a fictional (but realistic) track? Like Blackwood or some of the Gran Turismo tracks?

16. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

My wish with historic circuits is that they are taken from roughly the same era. Not a big fan of the PCARS approach of one from a few eras, much prefer rFactor2's "all from roughly '67" approach personally.

Fictional tracks as done in Forza and Gran Turismo I often find very unrealistic and impossible to immerse myself in. However, if it's a club track somewhere, such as ISI's excellent Mills and Toban, or a street circuit based on real roads, such as Lucca Ring (with improved safety!) or Simbin's Vara, fair play.

I'm always going to prefer a real circuit though, but don't mind them going with more obscure or easy to license ones.

Personal preferences ;)

17. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

[​IMG]

:p

Cheers
    Robin

GRFOCO likes this.
  18. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Haha, touché sir.

However, I will maintain that all fictional has a level of 'realism'.

Maybe I should have used the term "believability" instead of "realism".

19. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I feel like you need a proper structured system to do oval racing properly. You cant just throw an oval track and a stock car in a game and say, "Have at it" and expect to impress an iRacing oval vet. Oval racing is its own unique beast compared to circuit racing and demands some focus and attention if you want to do it right. It also requires very disciplined driving and iRacing is more suited to keeping people in line.

Anyways, my votes went to

- Road America
    - Hungaroring
    - Portimao
    - Interlagos
    - Albert Park

That last choice was a close win over Montreal, Suzuka, Bathurst, and Singapore. I was strongly considering Singapore just because I'd like to see some proper walled-in street circuits in AC. But I ultimately just voted for what my favorite tracks to race on were in general.

Road America and Hungaroring are the two I'd really, really like to see most, though. I love these tracks.

I'm not against other tracks being put in, though. It's nice to have a lot of the popular tracks, but they're also all so familiar from every other racing sim that has them. Tracks like Mugello and Vallelunga are really nice to have because they're quality racing circuits and you dont see them in too many other titles so they feel a bit more fresh and make AC feel a bit more unique.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    dodge33cymru likes this.
  20. Rygar

Rygar Rookie

Yes, I meant exactly this type of tracks, or even a mixed race/street track but with plausible design and safety.
    Nothing to do with BC County genre.

21. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I do get the feeling we'll get early-mid 60s versions of historic tracks which is probably best.

Sometimes circuits had the same layout for many years though, especially before the 90s. If you take Monza road course it had essentially the same layout we have from 1955 till 1972 when they added the chicanes, they added barriers on the outside of the lesmos and a few other places but the track it's self doesn't appear to have changed. If providing a certain layout means a track will be applicable for a longer period then do that, if adding say a chicane, like with the Oesterreich Ring means you can extend the time frame even longer then that makes sense also.

It is nice to have all circuits from one year but as a compromise if the layout didn't change then I'm happy enough. I'm far more bothered by the layout than the track surroundings, if the surroundings are nicely detailed and look convincingly period then I'm happy.

dodge33cymru likes this.