1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. norbs

norbs Alien

I wish i could figure out where my screenshots are going. ;)

2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Mine's are saved in the root AMS folder (something like grab001, etc.). Well that's when I was still able to use the game, as it keeps crashing on my end (dinput8.dll) :mad:

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

compare the classic lotus f1 in AC then run the 67 vintage in AMS... hhhmmm theres a difference alright.

4. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

There is more than one "classic lotus f1" in AC. Can you be more specific?

5. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

'67' should ring a bell...

6. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Yep, different games - different cars too. :rolleyes:

Mogster likes this.
  7. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Ok, so I did a 2 hour session, where I tested the Stock Cars, Vee, F1 V12, F1 V10, F1 classic , F1 (the old one, can't really remember the name).
    FFB was at 360 pure.

FFB is way inferior from rF2 and a tad inferior than AC. Can't really detect understeer , all else are ok.
    Graphics, better than GSCE.

The only thing I would keep is the mechanical feeling that you are indeed in a car.
    Reason is the motion of camera but mostly because of the S-U-P-E-R-B sounds.
    I have Raceroom but this is a different league.
    I just couldn't stop driving the V12 with the screaming sound and then the V10 with the bams and gungs and booms that you hear when braking. The brakes , the clunks from suspension. Everything is just marvelous.
    I really really hope that we will get this mechanical feeling from sounds in AC. Although I can see a major improvement in Maserati Gt4 and the 2 F1 cars (which they lack the sounds from engine when braking).

Everything else in AMS are way inferior from rF2. AC is a different class now. I am just waiting for their next title.

8. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

ac ffb feels like its heavily numb compared to the superior ffb physics of ams and rf2 still good but not Better.

panosdimp, Dean Ogurek and F1Aussie like this.
  9. norbs

norbs Alien

I am sure this is down to different wheels. Just for giggles I plugged a G29 and Fanatec Porsche GT3 into my other gaming machine to do some testing.

I use a Thrustmaster TX normally.

The G29 felt insipid compared to the TX. So much weaker and no where near the feeling in the wheel, even when pushing the FFB settings to the top end.

The fanatec was better. Feels stronger, but still lacking the finer FFB that i get from the TX.

I would love to give it a try with DD FFB.

This is all in AMS. If i get time i might try them both in AC to see how it feels in comparison.

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Please try settings in my signature. Also using lut file and ffb anticlip app.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

11. TDS

TDS Alien

AMS new FFB since 0.9.8 is really good almost on AC level now :)

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Just because your opinion of AMS is vastly different from my own in terms of physics/handling/FFB, shouldn't mean yours is any less valid.

I believe the results and our different opinions regarding FFB may be largely due to the wheels being used and partly due to personal subjectivity. To me, it's just the opposite but, AMS and rF2 have FFB that benefit's Direct-drive wheels whereas AC works best with mainstream wheels from my experience. That's good for most players and AC though.

AMS has far superior transmission model over AC with it's drive-train elasticity and flex, and very strong accel/decel gearbox whine - especially useful for the vintage and manual-trans cars. I agree that the implementation of sounds and the mechanics are quite convincing and I hope AC gets some additional Love in those areas one day.

I rarely play RaceRoom due to not being able to get decent results with the FFB; it's the only Sim that I can't sort out using the AccuForce. The sounds are great overall but, there are a few things that I don't find so convincing.

yusupov, norbs, Jebus and 1 other person like this.
  13. yusupov

yusupov Alien

imo the AMS ffb is really improved. no need for a DD wheel to feel it, in fact w/ the ffb boost parameter arguably the biggest gain is for more basic consumer wheels. id never been a huge fan of SCE ffb (thought it was good) but now id put it at or around the top.

what i find interesting about dean's post is listing rf2 as one thats beneficial w/ DD; i think its tremendous with low-end wheels & id always assumed this is bc there are a lot of 'fx' that are shunned by other sims...the only sim ive really seen people say you 'need' a DD wheel to really experience the ffb at a decent fidelity is iracing, but even their ffb has felt much improved to me.

Dean Ogurek and TDS like this.
  14. emha76

emha76 Gamer

15. emha76

emha76 Gamer

16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I got to say that I am deeply impressed by AMS beta.
    The feeling is excellent. I think I am getting in love.
    I just can't stop driving the Ultima GTR at Brands Hatch.
    I hate to say it but this car makes me like this sim more than anything.
    Hugely impressed.
    And a challenge :
    [​IMG]

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

etukeno, Avoletta, TDS and 1 other person like this.
  17. SandroX

SandroX Hardcore Simmer

You will enjoy and Caterhams :)

Avoletta likes this.
  18. TDS

TDS Alien

Reiza is great, can't wait to see what 2017 will bring with their new title :)

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, don't expect too much, and enjoy AMS for what it is. Just saying...

Jebus and TDS like this.
  20. Jebus

Jebus Alien

That's something I wait with a watering mouth. Caterhams at Cadwell and Oulton simply can't go wrong.

The Moose likes this.