1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

On 0.32 Jeremy says that they even had to change the law to make that layout possible. I did some research a while ago to find out more about this, but don't remember anymore how that worked.
    I really don't believe they'd be able to patent this layout, if nobody else uses it it's probably because the law doesn't allow for it anymore and/or because they simply don't want to.
    I'd guess that the biggest problem with this layout is passing safety tests for side impacts.

mantasisg 2 and Mogster like this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

So PC players are going to pay for Tripl3 while console users get it for free or have I missunderstood that these cars will be included in the console release? :O

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im fine with console getting all dlcs released so they dont have to buy 5 dlcs to get the full game. But tripl3 will be out later this month and so will the console release. I dont see why PC users have to pay for the content when its released at the same time that console users get it for free. I will probably get my butt kicked in by people here on the forum for thinking this is wrong. I know that the dlcs are dirt cheap but this is not about money.

St3fan, Cip, donShere and 4 others like this.
  4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

+1
    The only thing that might justify that is that, I don't know about other countries, but here in Brazil you can get the AC+DP1+DP2+DP3 pack at Steam for less than half the price of a console game. Maybe that's why they're releasing more content with the standard release on consoles.
    Hopefully at least the price for the pack will be fair, since AFAIK it will only feature three cars.

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

There are other cars that we already have on PC and got separated as pre-order bonus for the consoles and as different edition of the game.

See the difference between these two
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/assetto-corsa-832325
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/assetto-corsa-prestige-edition-only-at-game-1037641

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

What is it about? Fairness?

No point in comparing console and PC there. Pricing is usually quite different.

Also found that comment on virtualr funny.
    "Soon all DLC's together will alone cost more than the entire game. Well I guess that's good marketing."

Yeah, that's true. With all of the three Porsche DLCs and the DLC next year (which will include e.g. the Toyota TS040), I think AC will hit the 100€ mark.
    Surely, that's quite some money.

So it obviously better to go the pCars way. Announce pCars 2 almost on release day of pCars and abandon the latter asap.
    Then people can pay on the second game full price and buy all of the DLCs again. But at least the DLCs were rather cheap.

(I was playing the sarcasm card here, before anyone complains again.)

I really like the continuous support from Kunos on AC and I hope that it goes on forever.
    Even if the accumulated DLCs will then cost 200€.
    Sure, I could buy 4 or 5 games for that, but what is the point? I only need one proper simulation.
    (Talking about "proper simulation" here, not simulation value. ;))

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

9. SunBro

SunBro Alien

For crying out loud it will probably be only THREE €/$

If you have a pc capable of playing ac, i'm sure you can afford it.

(And i know this isn't about money, it's about parity/justice. I'm sure i don't need to remind you guys that kunos needs the console base to like this game so in my idea, them throwing in dream packs and tripl3 pack feels so right.)

10. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Yep, two things I really dislike about modern gaming in general; pre-order "bonuses" and splitting up the community in terms of content.

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Will be so, that players without console Prestige pack, can't join MP server with players with Standard? Sounds like 505's idea.

I don't mind paying a little, all of the cars interest me which I can't say about any other DLC so far, still got them all

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  12. I don't have a problem to pay money for optional content. The prices for the packs are really ok.
    And for online racing (for example GT3 racing) I've to own the packs. Not many servers use only vanilla content.

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yes. I dont understand why PC players suddenly are supposed to pay more for games because thats how it is on console. Keeping a PC up to date isnt exactly free neither. Nothing new. I just done see the logic behind pc buying dlc at the same time when console getting it for free.

edit: But considering Kunos have decided to go the pre-order bonus route it makes more sense.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  14. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

[​IMG]

Marco: not chat in a group because it is not the day of distractions . I'm sorry, Luke , but so we did not own , we are really altered eh

Luca: what did i do

Marco: anything, I wanted to see if you had a guilty conscience

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  15. grat

grat Simracer

Better translation, before somebody misinterprets it:

Marco: I am not chatting in group because today is not a good day for distractions. I am sorry, Luca, but really this is not the way to go. I am really angry.
    Luca: what did I do?
    Marco: Nothing, I wanted to see if you had a guilty conscience :D

16. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

I was kinda close as in completely different interpretation, this is english gcses all over again

17. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I suggest to not mix up the PC and Console sale strategys. I pay willingly that 3 Euros for the tripl3 and I know I support this awesome game which is going further and further in the right direction knowing it will be the last dlc which seperates PC and Console version. They try to make it pretty fair by matching the content of both versions. Also they keep JP and the newest RedPack as DLC. Pretty fair I think. All next DLCs will be the same. Maybe then you will not complain anymore when the Console DLC might be a bit more expensive ^^
    The console version needs all this DLC 1,2,3,etc. content to be competitive against the other giants. So it would make no sense to sell all the DLC seperate on the console from the beginning and making Console users feeling robbed.
    There is never a perfect solution for everybody. But I think this is the best way, they can go.

18. Kunos have been more than generous with the price of the DLC packs to date, so paying a small amount for the Tripl3 Pack is fine by me.

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont know if you missed one of my post but if you didnt you apparently didnt get the point. Im fine with console getting all dlcs PC have got to pay for previously. But that PC players are supposed to "celebrate" the console release by buying some of the content that is in the console version is what I think is wrong.

And dont come with "No one is forced to buy it" because thats not what this discussion is about.

Boris Lozac and Ace Pumpkin like this.