1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

AAAAANND another one that read what he liked to read in my posts just to be able to say how cheap dlcs have been.

2. I know exactly what you mean, kofotsjanne.....but it really isn't an issue for me. There must be a valid reason why Kunos have done this, and I trust them. That is what I am trying to say.

3. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Wow... thats's weird. The first thing you do is to fuel pc vs. console- community fire - pre release - because of a single digit amount of bucks. I wouldn't mind if the initial price for consoleros would be 0, those are a lot of future customers, who will pay for future content and development for all of us.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Am I not allowed to be critical about something without getting accused of trying to start some war? They split the console player base day one by having pre-order bonuses. Can you say that im not correct about that?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  5. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

This may not split the user base. IRacing doesn't split their user base. In the GT3 race, you can race against all the cars even though you do not own all of the cars to actually drive yourself.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

ears1991 likes this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

But this is not the case in Assetto Corsa.

Boris Lozac and sacredaardvark like this.
  7. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

If they have not fixed this for the console release I suppose that is a shame since other companies like the Forza franchise also have fixed this regarding cars.

But at the end of the day it will not be very important. The overwhelming data show that very few players of racing games use multiplayer online. And my guess is that console racing games is an even smaller percentage of players that do multiplayer.

Compare that to the data the industry has around what pre-order bonuses can do for sales. I am pretty sure the comparison is a no-brainer for Kunos to go the pre-order route. As much as they feel just like members of The Sim racing community they are after all running a business and need to maximize that business. When they do they have shown that their profit ends up benefiting all of us who like the product with new content etcetera.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

8. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

Hopefully they will do what iRacing do and allow others too race against those with content they do not have, as long as they have any content on the server

9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

This would be IMO ideal way of doing it. You can see the cars, but not race it. But it would make the base game download bigger. But maybe this could be a way to advertise the DLC cars, people could view them in Showroom and see the skin options, but not race them.

10. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Okay, perhaps this sounded a little bit too offensive, but i still think that discussions like this one are just completely unnessecary. "I paid 3 euro/people can use gamepads/console sky is bluer..." who cares, it doesn't change anything concerning your driving experience. Perhaps you're right somehow, but how exactly change things for you, if somebody else has to pay 3€?

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

If I had to decide this I'd go for that solution. It's been kind of Kunos' little trick to get people to buy the content and that's ok with me.
    But on consoles they will need a super strong start to succeed and by sticking to the current solution they'd let their guard down a bit.

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

They firmly said no to buy to drive a year or so ago.

13. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

they haven't done this for PC yet, why now introduce it to the console version? I mean yes, it would be easier to give the console gamers all the cars to display opponents, while locking them from use by the players themselves. The RP F1 "restriction" showed how well that worked on PC ;)

Having some sort of dummy car to replace not yet bought cars seems very unlikely too.

14. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

What doeas Triple3 mean? 3 by 3 = 9 cars? Or only 3 cars?

15. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

Probably 3 cars for 3€.

16. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

We should all hope that Assetto Corsa sells like crazy on the console. As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't care if they got every DLC pack free forever. I don't have a PS4, to me it might as well be a different game because it's nothing that I have access to. But, the success of that console version will have an impact on the game I play because of the effect it will have on Kunos' revenue. I do have an opinion about the console having different versions, however, and the opinion is not good. Assetto Corsa doesn't have a huge car list to begin with. I've been seeing the vast number of complaints about that already. One version is coming with 6 more cars than the other, or something like that... I can just picture some holier-than-thou console player refusing to buy Assetto Corsa over something like this. It's only a measly $5 difference, isn't it? Yet some people will act like it's a $100 difference or say they're passing on AC "out of principle" or something lame like that.

I'm not really a gamer, so I don't fully understand the gaming ecosystems of console or PC to be totally honest. If it's become a fact of life that every title is going to be released with different versions containing different levels of content in the console world, I wish Kunos would have made the Step 1 & Step 3 cars, Drift versions the "bonus content" in the Prestige Pack. It worries me that the base version of Assetto Corsa for consoles is going to be missing some pretty significant content. If there were 500 cars, I don't think it would bother me as much. Maybe that makes sense, maybe it doesn't. I don't know...

My thoughts are: I hope it sells out everywhere and they have to press more and more copies. That's all I can hope for...

17. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Well the more it sells the more money we have for marco to play with. Look what he has done with 3,000,000. Imagine if AC sells 250k copies on console at an average of $40. It would mean $10,000,000, granted 99.8% of that goes to the publisher but it very well could open up many more options. As for the extra versions that is simply 505 being scumbags but its common plastic on console.

Seria17hri11er and ALB123 like this.
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Hope 505 gives console players a chance to buy missing Prestige cars separately as DLC. While "Exclusive" implies something else.

Do we have any info if career mode will be same or reworked on consoles?

19. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

not just for console players but pc users too

20. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

Silverstone historic is part of console release, no mention I've seen if it part of 1.8 , should i cry about that :)