1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Paddle shifting while drifting.

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by L2D Godzilla, Aug 25, 2016.

1. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Hi all, just bought my G29 and AC today. I'm part of a drift team that has been looking forward to this game for some time now. After first trying to use an E92 BMW Drift I noticed that I cannot shift unless using the paddles. It seems the E30 is the only drift spec'd car that the shifter can be used for.

This is an issue in that I, like many other drifters don't want to break my fingers reaching for paddles. I dont know if there's anyway around this but it's a huge oversight in my opinion as very few drifters if any, both on games (PC included) and in reality that would attempt such drifting with this setup.

L2D_Gopher likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Bug: Virtual hands tap both paddles when shifting up or down Oct 2, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Manual Cars with paddles but no automatic shifting Sep 3, 2019
    Console Lounge List of cars with shifting options (H/Paddle/etc) Feb 15, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Paddle Shifting on Gearstick Manual Vehicles Apr 7, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Audi r8 plus shifting up no animation on paddle Nov 25, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Paddle shifting does not work on some cars Mar 19, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Paddle shifting on the csr elite Aug 3, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Fingers Clip Through Paddle in Lotus Exige S Roadster When Shifting Dec 19, 2013
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Paddle shifting issue [button debounce setting] Nov 12, 2013
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module - Look Left/Right May 14, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module Nov 24, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Map wheel paddle and external shifter Nov 6, 2020
    Chit Chat Room How can I prevent to go in neutral when shift down with paddles Oct 5, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Paddle shift option for stick shift cars Jul 6, 2020
    General modding discussion Paddle animations in different position and pivot point in game vs 3ds max May 3, 2020

3. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

but u should! e92 d spec is manula on pc.

4. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

E92 and the Step versions should be paddle shifted - Drift version should be manual. Make sure you've selected the right one.

5. L2D_Gopher

L2D_Gopher Racer

That's gonna kill drifting on console if they don't fix it

6. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

You are correct. It would seem I must have picked a different model the first time around(first time on game). So only the Z4 is paddle shift, just double checked it and confirmed. Thanks.

L2D_Gopher likes this.
  7. DriftRb_86

DriftRb_86 Rookie

So on ps4 is it possible to use TH8A shifter? Got AC today and for some reason no matter what car I use even if it's drift, I can't use the manual shifter. :(

8. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I have read TM users have to connect the shifter directly to the PS4 via USB port.

9. DriftRb_86

DriftRb_86 Rookie

Thanks for the reply, although I don't have a USB adapter for the TH8A connector. It goes straight into my T300rs. Is there any other possible way?

10. Skazz

Skazz Racer

The TH8A comes with two cables, DIN and USB. The second cable with USB should be in your TH8A box