1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

xbox one version is junk

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by ankk, Aug 26, 2016.

1. ankk

ankk Rookie

i was lloking forward to playing this game on my xbox but this is unacceptable. Graphic is the worst thing i've seen on xbox, reflection is static while on ps4 is not. Now let's talk about sound, it's definitively bugged on menus and ingame.

I apologize for my bad english. Thanks for your time reading this post

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX SERIES S VERSION 1.7.2 NOT UPDATED? Dec 6, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does xbox one version become x/s optimised version? Nov 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOXXS version is still a joke after so long time ? Oct 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is Porsche supercup available on Xbox version ? Mar 28, 2022
    Console Lounge Missing special events on xbox one version Assetto Corsa Ultimate May 4, 2021
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione - PS4, PS5 and XBox One/X/S - Console Version: HOW TO GET SUPPORT Jun 23, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster TS-XW, Will it work on Xbox version of AC? Oct 19, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Ae86 Nordschleife under 9 challenge. [Xbox version] Dec 2, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Problem with digital version of the game on Xbox One - reviewer here Aug 28, 2016
    Console Lounge content of the xbox version Aug 25, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Loosing save progress mid race and after race. (Xbox series x) Mar 19, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Frame drop or freeze on Xbox series X Mar 17, 2024
    XBox One Discussions Saved game crash Xbox series s Feb 22, 2024
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, thanks for wasting my time with reading this post. If you have bugs to report then do it properly.

4. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

Well from his post you can get the following:
    - No reflections being applied on the cars
    - Sound issues during the menus and races
    - Low quality drivers graphics

I would say 90% of the target audience that purchases a game (either this one or any other game) is not a developer, so surely you don't expect them to fill bugs the same way a developer or a Q&A team member would do, right?

Epocx, Ecotec16, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

"xbox one version is junk"
    "Graphic is the worst thing i've seen on xbox"
    Yeah, thank you so much for your feedback. Not. You don't need to be familiar with development and bug reporting to see what's wrong with this. It's common sense.

pablex13, Johnnyjoejones and nate like this.
  6. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

Or maybe grow a thicker skin and go through the point of the post.
    Any developer knows that is important to separate what the customer says from what he actually means.

Rockefelluh likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Forgive us PC racers the thin skinned temper. We had/have to deal with so much unobjectivity here. And @ankk s post looks quite similar to that. Sorry

Pls make your reports on bugs, likes, dislikes. But phrase them in an objective and not insinuating way. The devs are listening and usually very helpful.

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It's a big difference if you spend lots of time on these forums discussing, criticising, trying to help, mod something etc. or if you just drop by and take your verbal dump. It's dragging "us" down and "we" want to keep enjoying both the game and the forum.
    So when someone pukes his guts out "we" tell him to chill out and be constructive. See it as a community service, "guerilla moderation" or whatever. If we were thin skinned we'd be gone by now. Trying to educate people, trying to turn blazing-gun-bigshots into helpful community members is hard work...nothing for the weak and lazy ;-)

On topic: I can't make up my mind on the console versions yet - too little decent reviews. But I'm pessimistic. I played AC on a GTX 560, 2 770s, a 970 and now a 1070. I don't know where in here the flimsy 850 MHz XBone GPU fits in but I guess it's fairly low...my 560 was topping that. Post processing is being used on the consoles but I believe they can't handle it in the current state. FPS on a 970 drop from 100 to 60 when you turn on PP on the lowest possible setting. If I was Kunos I would add an option to deactivate PP on the consoles. The game looks very good without. It would even allow to increase reflection settings. Smoothness is everything with a racing sim so if that's wad it takes to achieve it I'd do it.

ankk likes this.
  9. ankk

ankk Rookie

I apologize for this thread. I didn't want to offend anyone.

10. I dont find much wrong visually with the xbox version, reflections dont really bother me as im too busy driving to check out the reflections. i think a lot of xbox players will compare it to forza which is unfair as forza is not on the same sim level as assetto corsa. i do think kunos will improve the console versions though and i have enjoyed it so far

Disease26, herbsti72 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Good observations, as always Dude!
    But turning of pp effects would mean no braking lights and no head(just wanted to write beam, but that would be false advertising)lights.
    The environment doesn't suffer that much.
    But the driving would be hindered, for shure.

LeDude83 likes this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

all good m8, you already saw how it could be.
    Welcome to the forum.

ankk likes this.
  13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Where the f*ck did this myth come from? ;-) All the PP does is add glow to the lights. You can see them perfectly without PP, try for yourself :)

nate likes this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Check it out for yourself in i.e. the Audi Quattro. There are other cars around with the same problem. Only pps bring the lights out on some cars. :(

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok fair enough...so let's assume there are some where you can't see brake lights well wothout PP. Don't you think a smart workaround can be found? Modifying the models a bit to make sure lights are visible? That can't be so hard.
    I stand my ground: turn off PP for console, increase reflections/AA/smoke/shadows a bit instead and enjoy steady 60. I honestly think steady 60 can't be done in another way. All this as an option in the menu and everyone is happy, no?

Disease26 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, I get your point. And for shure would I turn off pp, if those problems would be solved. My sig shows, heh. Every time I turned off pp, I had significantly more fps. But those lightning bugs rendered it for me unplayable.

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Worth a try you consoleros. Le Dude isn't harmful...

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yeah Ace...as always it's easy for us users to talk smart, come up with solutions ;-) I'm following the console soap opera with great interest and hope Kunos plays it well. Currently I can see that private lobbies and steady 60 GFX settings (optional) are badly needed for the console sim racer.

Lets

TXC_IJOJOI and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Let's see how it proceeds...das Kind ist noch nicht in den Brunnen gefallen ;-)

.Repa24 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Könnte klappen, könnte klappen!

Jetzt frag mich nur nicht nach Drath!:D

.Repa24 and LeDude83 like this.
  21. insane79

insane79 Rookie

well we are spoilt with fantastic visuals by forza series, do you blame xbox players?