1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Logitech G29 PS4 FFB settings

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by AC2016, Aug 26, 2016.

1. AC2016

AC2016 Rookie

Good afternoon all,

I thought to ask if people can make a list of what FFB settings they are using for the G29.

Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes/locks when i access "controls" menu with Logitech G29 Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G29 FFB so weak in PS5 version Dec 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are there still brake pedal problems with logitech g29? Nov 9, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions Logitech G29 Pedals Are Reversed on PS5 Oct 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB Logitech G29/920 driving GT3 vs GT4 Oct 1, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 FFB broke with the latest update from logitech. (g29: 89.0.24) Sep 11, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 red dial Jan 22, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 interfering with Logitech G29 Wheel Jan 10, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 Logitech not working Dec 10, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Logitech G29 steering too sensitive May 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech g29 FFB Setting Apr 30, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Assetto Corsa Logitech wheels damn good FFB setting 2021 (g27,g25,g29,g920) Apr 26, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 steering inputs are double what they should be Jan 26, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suspected Logitech G29 issue throwing out to pause in-game Dec 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G29 Button Settings Nov 26, 2020

3. Borez

Borez Gamer

I'm using just the standard settings, it's working great this way for me.

AC2016 likes this.
  4. AC2016

AC2016 Rookie

do you find it clunky like on that standard settings?

5. Borez

Borez Gamer

No, I'm not finding it clunky at all.

AC2016 likes this.
  6. AC2016

AC2016 Rookie

That's bizarre, my wheel sounds very clunky.

7. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Same here. Haven't played too much with the settings yet but my initial feelings are that if seems a little 'floaty' on the g29 and certainly know where you're coming from with 'clunky' :)

AC2016 likes this.
  8. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Definitely feel it would benefit from tightening up the deadzone a little also

9. AC2016

AC2016 Rookie

What are the orginal settings, I noticed there isn't a reset button for this.

10. Borez

Borez Gamer

Yeah, I'm noticing this clunk now, it's just the gears engaging I guess when the car breaks away from the road. Seem to be better with the understeer effects turned off.

Can't say it's bothering me that much to be honest, I never really noticed it before. Too busy driving the car.

11. murfo

murfo Hardcore Simmer

FFB 100
    Kerb FFB 40
    Road FFB 50
    Slip FFB 0
    Understeer OFF
    Use H Shifter OFF

Rifles and Cdiff like this.
  12. Northlander74

Northlander74 Rookie

I'm currently using the default with the following...

FFB 100
    Kerb FFB 40
    Road FFB 50
    Slip FFB 25
    Understeer ON
    Use H Shifter ON

As for the 'mechanical' noises from the G29, it's normal as it uses double gearing for it's drive. Something I've been used to since using a Driving Force, Driving Force Pro, Driving Force GT, G27 and now the G29. For me it's not an issue

Cdiff likes this.
  13. TDS

TDS Alien

try
    FFB 100
    Kerb FFB 0
    Road FFB 0
    Slip FFB 0
    Understeer OFF
    should help lots with clankness and its a pure ffb this way ( no post added ffb efx multiplyers only what the physics engine generates)

C. Morton and murfo like this.
  14. AC2016

AC2016 Rookie

Thanks for all the tips so far, i thought it was just mine that made this noise.

I shall try all the settings posted and report back.

Thank you

15. murfo

murfo Hardcore Simmer

Thank you! This removes 99% of the clankiness, gonna use this as a base and start moving the others up by a couple of % to see when it starts coming back

TDS likes this.
  16. cogonieznajom

cogonieznajom Rookie

ok i have a big problem, first drive after buy the game is ok. second drive, and... gears on my logitech g29 don't work... help:(

17. AC2016

AC2016 Rookie

Did you find adjusting anything brings back the clanking noise.

18. murfo

murfo Hardcore Simmer

So far, I've turned FFB strength down to 85 coz it felt a little too tight at 100 around centre, i have dialed up kerb to 5%, road to 8%, and slip to 10% with little to no clanking (unless I've totally lost it sideways into a wall)

AC2016 likes this.
  19. AC2016

AC2016 Rookie

Great, can you still deal the curbs and etc if you was to go over one, when driving does the steering feel light?

20. daverobf5a

daverobf5a Rookie

I dropped the FFB setting to 80 all other settings left as is apart from slip set to 20 it feels really good and definitely reduced the clunking, all that noise is the gears catching inside the base, it's not going to hurt your wheel but is distracting, limitations of the hardware, saying that I really like the wheel so accept it for what it is.

Northlander74 likes this.
  21. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

I very much agree, this has a huge FFB deadzone in the center compared to using GT6 with this wheel. Its very unrealistic feeling and really takes away from the car feel, I'm surprised more people are not complaining about it.
    We REALLY need dead zone adjustments!

MartyBook likes this.