1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Proper race endings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Borez, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Borez

Borez Gamer

Proper race endings.

At present you jump to the pits and then wait until the other cars have finished. It's just a bit of a let down.

I know it's only a small thing, but it'd make a difference.

sidy06, Matgamer, bk81 and 13 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Proper hourly races on The SimGrid Jun 20, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer No Proper Race Start After Qualifying Leader Leaves Aug 5, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Formation lap in CP races not working properly May 31, 2019
    PlayStation 4 Discussions We are the proper racers!!! Sep 4, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game not launching race properly Jul 30, 2015
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Rating does not reset properly on Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI unable to do pitsops properly and generally worse since GT2 update Feb 4, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Set AI Skill Properly Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Unable to propery set brake pressure Jan 20, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds How to get proper resolution? Jan 17, 2022
    ACC User Interface not every setup property has got a help description afais Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game not closing properly Jul 31, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel off center despite properly calibrated Mar 19, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.7.6 Crash Loading Replays [audio system not initializing properly] Mar 19, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Improper use of "&swap" causes server crash Feb 26, 2021

3. GazCBG

GazCBG Gamer

I agree this is needed, also if you still racing there is no notification of time left to finish the race.

4. cdrikou

cdrikou Rookie

Agree

5. frederick84

frederick84 Rookie

Yeah, totally agree should switch to TV came after chequred flag with the session results on screen.

bk81 likes this.
  6. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

Would be nice to see who has won the Race like in this Plugin Message.Specially in MP Races.

7. Indeed.
    Better and "proper" race ending has been mentioned by Stefano, and it is WIP. Timeline has not been discussed.

bk81 likes this.
  8. Borez

Borez Gamer

Great stuff.

9. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Yeah, definitely needs some sort of ending. I thought my PS4 had crashed first time I finished a race ! I got dumped into a pit box and had to wait whilst my competitors whizzed past before they too got teleported back to the pits.
    The switch to TV cam view idea would be best where the AI could take control after crossing the line, you get a view of the finishing line, before fading out to the race standings, then you screen fade back to your pit box ?

Borez likes this.
  10. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Cooldown lap and drive back to the pits would be awesome like real life..

bala., bk81, ZX636 and 4 others like this.
  11. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Problem with that would be the time it takes to get back to the pits. Imagine having to wait for the cars to complete a slow lap of Nordschleife !
    I think a 20~30 second TV camera view of the finishing line should be enough to watch the cars cross, maybe overlay the screen with the results as they cross ? Anything is better than what we have now !

bk81, gregack and Siekier like this.
  12. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

They can make it work in real life, the cars all need to be drove around and parked in pit lane.. Personally I wouldn't mind a wait, nords is the most extreme example.. Not expecting this to happen but that's just the way I'd like it. Full control of car all the time just like real life, it really ups the immersion. I have no interest in watching the others cross the line can watch the replay for that..

bala. likes this.
  13. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Yeah, Nords is the extreme case, but even the shorter tracks have around a two minute lap time at race speed. I can't see the online lobbies standing for around a four minute wait whilst competitors finish, especially if you have any very slow drivers, or idiots who will purposely drive slow, or stop on track !
    Unless there's a countdown timer as the first car passes the line, waiting for everyone to finish could take as long as the race itself !

Borez likes this.
  14. Borez

Borez Gamer

One thing I noticed is that I can jump out of it if I press option on my G29. But ( and I found this out the hard way twice ) if you don't let the other races finish in the background and then quit out of the screen ( even though it looks like the race has fully ended ) it will not register your progress in career. Slightly infuriating.

15. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Don't really play online so...
    I don't see how you'd have to wait as you'd be busy driving your car back to the pits. I'm not looking for a discussion with you I just gave my view on how I'd like it to be personally.
    i don't hold any hope of it happening.

Many people have many different opinions I personally would like to be in control of the car for the whole time. Drive out of pits, warm up lap before race, line up on grid, race, Cooldown lap and park in pit lane after race..

bala., bk81 and AyrtJ97 like this.
  16. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

not too bothered about driving a cool down lap , but something needs to change when the race ends.
    The first time it happened I wasnt sure if the game had crashed or won the race / competed the challenge ?

its not game stopper for me though as the actual driving is so much fun , just needs some polish around the edges and some control feature added.
    But these things are well known so hopefully just a matter of time before they get fixed.

Didnt stop me buying the season pass ;)

TheGT500 and Borez like this.
  17. ashasha

ashasha Rookie

I have mixed feelings because I like the fact that everything is fairly immediate and there aren't loading screens every other second (especially when I have to restart a race), but even though I never spent much time thinking about it with other titles it is actually a bit jarring to go straight from intense, edge of your seat driving to sitting in the pit.

18. ozzyneil

ozzyneil Gamer

Just reinstalled AC after a long break, still no luck with race endings yet, I like a good cool down lap!

19. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

If you want proper race endings (including a "be in full control" cool down lap), best get pCARS 2 as it has this !
    Waiting for Kunos to even consider this will be a long time (if ever), seeing as the game is nearly a year and a half down the line on console, yet we still have to keep our lap time records in a notepad !

20. I wish AC had pit out and pit in options instead of this 'beam me to the pit right after the finish line' non sense

21. Pageot

Pageot Rookie

+1 This is one other small thing I miss in AC. A cooling down lap after the finish flag is much enjoyable, especially online, when you really need to cool down :) It makes it feel closer to real life. GT Legends had this feature, and if you didn't like it, you could press esc to be beamed up to the pit the AC way. Everyone could do as he wanted.