1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Seriously poor physics

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Jamesgti12, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Jamesgti12

Jamesgti12 Rookie

I'm going to start by saying that I paid £39.99 for this game after having seen trailers online and it looked amazing! However, within the first minute of game play I was seriously dissapointed and instantly felt I'd just been ripped off ! The first career event a time attack in a Fiat 500, was appalling. At first I thought ok I need to adjust some settings, the car handled like it was on bricks even in a straight line! When I so much as touched to steering in the slightest it wanted to f*ck off onto the grass and just under steered majorly and in real life if you swerved that hard the vehicles shock absorbers and springs would cause.it.to lean gradually.not instantly like it was programmed either on or off with no stress in between! I prey to almighty god this game is a work in progress. I assumed my settings were wrong so I adjused the steering sensitivity reducing it.by 20% but still it's. No better, played around with the gamma bla bla bla every setting but still it's awful. So I tried the alfa romeo giulietta event.... same story there too and finally the M3 e30 step 1 event but guess what , that just ruined all hopes I. Had in the game being half.decent. I honestly feel like.I've been robbed and violated by the amount of money over spent on this .... junk! I read the physics were simulation etc... They were programmed by a 2 year old by the feel of it. Will it get any better? It's equally as bad as RIDE

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Is Cheating in ACC still possible -Seriously- Dec 13, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Better Driver Rating System for ACC [Seriously, stop] Nov 23, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Seriously guys May 29, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer More Frozen CP Servers...Seriously? May 2, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals SERIOUSLY!! WHat is going on with controllers losing all settings?? Jul 21, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Many Multiplayer Races seriously being ruined by many participants Mar 23, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Xbox 1 migrant, seriously disappointed Jan 10, 2018
    Console Lounge Brake squeal? Seriously? Dec 3, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Seriously good physics Aug 29, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Using WheelCheck linear force tests may be based on seriously flawed assumptions... Aug 12, 2016
    3D car models Bmw m6 e24// help might be seriously needed! Aug 28, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions It's my impression or huracan is poor in tyre pressure on wet? Apr 20, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues poor acceleration Feb 2, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Volumetric fog above "low" looks poor at dusk/dawn Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Poor Performance - mismatch monitor and indicated FPS? GTX 1070Ti Nov 4, 2020

3. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Oh my god.

4. Jebus

Jebus Alien

What an ace opening! Good luck with getting support.

5. OriginalR6kid

OriginalR6kid Hardcore Simmer

I think the physics are the best I've ever experienced on a console. I thought the physics on pcars cars were good,but this is on another level.

6. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, but the physics are arguably the best there are.

AC has a lot of problems, physics aren't one of them.

ashasha, Reinart86, 365gt and 16 others like this.
  7. Jamesgti12

Jamesgti12 Rookie

Yea because when you want to turn the car instantly rolls over in a microsecond yea just like real life isn't it! I am seriously.wounded by the fact I paid £39.99 for this.. is it still.in development ? Live for speed on pc was better than this. And it was advertised as the cars being "overly detailed" well, I've seen better models in other games and these are nothing in comparison, in fact they're quite low poly, the giulietta for example and the worst thing is the camera, it's rigid it's not smooth it feels like.I'm playing ferrari challenge on the Amiga

8. Orne

Orne Alien

What driving games were you into prior to purchasing Assetto Corsa ?

9. Jamesgti12

Jamesgti12 Rookie

Yes the cornering physics are great once the controller is set up (which ive finally managed to get about right) however my point is that there's no tension feel.on the suspension the car just seems to fall left to right as though the springs/dampers and shocks are either fully stressed or not stressed I can't feel anything.in between.

10. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Which car? Some of the Drift cars can feel a bit like that.

11. Jamesgti12

Jamesgti12 Rookie

I've played all sorts, forza 1,2,3,4,5 and 6, all the need for speeds, live for speed on PC, rfactor (which felt pretty similar to AC) and some... I read they didn't put time changing and weather effects in due to file size, well GTA 5 was around 50GB and they managed to fit it.onto a disc and I downloaded AC and it was only 13.6GB ...

TheMattyOnline likes this.
  12. Jamesgti12

Jamesgti12 Rookie

That was the Fiat 500 it just seemed strange to me. And the giulietta wasn't much better. I.had seriously.high.hopes and my first impression was seriously rock.bottom but I just managed to set controller up a little.better! And the M3 e30 felt a bit more realistic just now.

13. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Try the Z4, both the road and the gt3 version, driving them back to back should give you a bit more of an idea of the fidelity of the physics.

365gt and herbsti72 like this.
  14. S3rv3d

S3rv3d Rookie

Take the Z4 GT3 around Imola then come back to this thread.

Fiats have a lot of body roll. I don't think you could take the corners at 30mph, although it feels a lot slower in game.

15. Jamesgti12

Jamesgti12 Rookie

OK I followed your advice, and wow is all.I can say, somehow you can throw the z4 GT round imola with minimal body roll. And it was quite fun actually :-D so the game has potential for perfection but just not with the Fiat 500 esse esse lol. Appolagies if I offended anyone and I take.back what I complained about. Anyone got.it on xbox1 what are your gamer tags ? Multilayer lobby sounds good

chakko, 365gt, Typer and 5 others like this.
  16. OriginalR6kid

OriginalR6kid Hardcore Simmer

I use a wheel,so I guess that's why we experience the game differently?

365gt and Jamesgti12 like this.
  17. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

You need to bear in mind road cars dont have the same sort of suspension or aero that a GT car would have they generally have quite a soft suspension which means more body roll and have to take corners slower, plus im sure the giulietta and fiat 500 are front wheel drive so they will understeer like a pig and if your tyres were cold then you will have even less grip until they have got some heat into them.

365gt likes this.
  18. Juliano

Juliano Racer

this is the beauty in AC, every car need some time and care, the physics are very good, i know it´s a pain to set controller/wheel settings many times, plus setting setups for any car/track, but if you dedicate time to lapidate the cars and controls to your needs, you´ll have a blast, my "boring" slow road cars as abarths, giulietta etc are racing very good now, i play with a wheel on one PC and a Xbox360 controller on another PC, don´t know how this is working on XboxONE, but i save many setups for car/tracks and many configurations of wheel and controllers too.

365gt likes this.
  19. Jamesgti12

Jamesgti12 Rookie

Yea it took me a while to grasp that, most racing games are just get in and go but this does require a tuned setup but once it's done it's brilliant. I'm just not used to a game where you have to tailor the settings and car to your need, all the other I play (apart from project cars) as I said you just click on race and go. This is much better though

365gt likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

the Abarth 500 is a great little car. here's a multiplayer race on PC using street tyres and the 500's arent all on the grass :confused:

21. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

And that is the difference between simulator games and arcade/simcade games. In sims you need to spend a lot of time to get the idea on how to drive (especially if you don't have experience with simracing and/or it's a new game), in the latter you just pick the most powerful car, hit the throttle and after two laps you can win all races.

I see that's the problem for a lot of console users that aren't aware of that and bought AC expecting another arcade game or expecting a simulator like those games on consoles that PR departments call "the best simulators". Sad part is that then there are posts on forums/reviews slashing the game because people don't understand what's this all about.

Glad that you at least noticing it now.

365gt, Freddie Seng, gandlers and 3 others like this.