1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sunday Chit Chat, Talk, Answer and Play Guitar (Stefano's Live Stream)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Sounds interesting:

Today at 17:00 / 5:00 PM CEST, 15:00 / 3:00 PM UST

Ischemica, pablex13, Alby and 10 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Stefano - Sunday Chit Chat, Talk, Answer and Play Guitar Aug 28, 2016
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Racing Pals RP Series - Sundays @ racing-pals.com Jan 22, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XSX XSS Drivers can you race GT3 Wednesday's and Sunday's? Nov 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Drivers wanted Wed/Fri/Sundays Sep 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox Series X|S GT3 Races Sunday Wednesday Fridays Sep 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions GBRC Practise Thursday and race Sunday nights on PS5 7-10 BST/GMT. - Series 1 14/8/22 recruiting now Aug 6, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room GT3 League Sundays 5:30PM (CET) Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room TORA GT Sprint Cup - Sundays 1500 EDT [SimRacing-GP.net][PC] Jul 11, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Donington One-off Race this sunday @ 7 pm gmt ($50 prize pool) Jun 2, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Motive Racing GT3 - PS5 Only (starts TODAY Sunday 15/05) May 15, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room PC] Alliant Motorsports Americas - ACC Season 4 - Sundays @ 8:30 PM Eastern Mar 29, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Super Touring Championship / Sundays Nov 3, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Axiom Sim Racing - ACC League-[PC] Sundays 20:15GMT (Newcomers welcome) Sep 21, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [EU] [NA] Delta Racing League - Sunday - Porsche Cup & BMW M2 Jun 14, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Alliant Motorsports Americas - Saturday ACC Series & Sunday UK Tour Sprint Series Jun 13, 2021

3. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

**** yeah

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Cool, was wondering if he could make it.

5. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

Hi, I'm new to following live streams. How do you ask questions ? Post here or on YouTube ? Thanks.

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Youtube live chat. (so you have to watch at youtube)

chalminho likes this.
  7. Cool stream, Stefano really is a great guitar player.

Summary of info from the stream off the top of my head:
    Console version of AC will be like the pc version where it is under constant development with regular updates. Updates to the PC will have to be more conservative since whatever get changed has to also work on the consoles. A fix for the MP fps issues on Xbox should be out sometime this coming week.

Custom championships are still being worked on by one of the devs, no idea when they will actually be ready. There is a ton of paid dlc in the pipeline, but in order to continually update AC it is either sell DLC, charge a monthly subscription, or stop working on it altogether and start on whatever the next project might be.

Ischemica, WallyM, Andrew_WOT and 9 others like this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do this mean that PC wont get features if they are not possible to implement on console? In other words, will PC be held back by dated hardware?

Easy, TERRA21, jarqus and 5 others like this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

There also was talk about Ultra shadows popping up, didn't listen to much since I don't use ultra shadows on my older system.
    Talk about tearing, VSync, fps framelimit, reflection frequency.

Interestingly, there can't be real Hotfixes for consoles, since updates/patches have to be approved and it can take up to 2 weeks. So they have to check their work more for little problem.
    When those happen on PC, they say "oops, our bad. will bring hotfix in a few hours or a day or two later".
    Those problems could then be 2 weeks in the console version before a fix is there and that would annoy als the users.

10. Really a good question...

Mogster likes this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I hope its some kind of language barrier otherwise it means that AC is pretty much done considering how much things they didnt add to the console which I guess is because they only had so much they could add to it.

12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Write the question in the comments on youtube of the latest stream, Stefano goes through them before the next one and picks some of them to answer those.

Or ask during the next stream at Q&A section on live stream.

But I can hardly imagine it will restrict pc development. Maybe possible features for all platforms will get priority though.

13. snickz

snickz Racer

If you watch the stream it becomes clear that possible features wont be cancelled because of "old hardware". Stefano just tried to say that kunos will try to plan, execute and test their patches better in terms of time and quality on all platforms. That means not trying to implement a huge feature in order to throw it away again 2 ours before release because of small bugs.
    The fact, that the process of rolling out hotfixes on consoles is a lot more complicated than the way steam does it, just adds to the pressure. He also mentioned that it will be easier to implement more features once the guys responsible for the console ports finish implementing features that we pc gamers had for months (rear wheel stearing, f1 related functionality etc.).

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Wow, that was a surprise stream.

I hope V10 tyre, brakes heating (and maybe wear), engine heating, stalling would work on consoles. Sorry for a wishlist though, but just because "Game Designer" thread.

Selling DLCs definitely sounds better, than subscription system. And I think Porsche packs will top them all.

Working on something new also sounds nice for me.

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The PC already has features that are not supported on console. e.g. Triple screen, mods.

Stefano said actually that not everything will get ported.

16. lelinuxien52

lelinuxien52 Racer

Probably for new developments :)

17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Stefano's music guitar playing should definitely find a place somewhere in the game. Sorry, in the sim.

I like a speech about console reviews, public and expectations. Very wise, and honest, people should watch it after watching any review.

Ace Pumpkin and Schnipp like this.
  18. TTM

TTM Alien

Sadly i got feeling that there won't be any big new features added to AC in the future, only DLC's and bug fixing and some improvements to different areas.... Hopefully i'm wrong, but....

AC is best racing simulator ever made and hopefully in the future we get sequel or brand new racing game from Kunos with all features that we wish. :)

19. Sean

Sean Simracer

Thanks for the live stream. Just want to say I really appreciate the small feature additions. The False start are really great. As an Added bonus it really is nice to be able to put your car into gear before lights out. Hope you don't give up on adding features like this! I do believe they generate sales too. Again, thanks for the stream.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I think (hope) he meant that features need to be more carefully tested, because console update process is so slow. Not that everything should be possible to get on consoles, doubt VR will work on consoles when one screen is struggling

He answered my question, 1st time ever.. yay! Asked about traction mistakes, he explained that AI doesn't make them in 1.8.. was removed at last minute, because it caused some (rare) incidents in specific type of corner, where AI could spin & rest get stuck behind it. Removed for now but sounded like he had some idea on how it could be solved and added later

Nice guitar playing there too, notes were telling a story.. unlike many who play on YouTube (and records) very fast, but just notes for the sake of notes..

pigsy, Andrew_WOT and mantasisg 2 like this.
  21. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I really hope that, in the final there could be something like loose surface implemented, at least for modders, so rally would be a little bit more real thing. I have always dreamed to be screwed if going sideways offtrack into sand trap lol However, a lot of guys feel that it is not necessary to get in such unpleasant trouble lol I feel you rally modders, though.

Silhuette likes this.