1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Career difficulty balancing N2 Series E30 M3 'ring Sprint GT

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by MBK72, Aug 28, 2016.

1. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Reporting this as a bug or more likely game difficulty balancing issue on Xbox One following a similar discussion in the general console area on PS4.

Issue: Novice Series 2 Series Race BMW M3 E30 Step 1 - Nurburgring Sprint (GT) on Xbox One is far too difficult on Easy setting. Video and indicative lap times included to demonstrate difference in difficulty.

Xbox One - Easy difficulty - leading AI cars run laps of 1.45 and on average 1.47. While I was easily able to catch the other AI E30 M3 in the race I could then only battle with the 6th placed Z4. Running 1.50 laps we traded places several times in the corners but the Z4 would always zoom away on the straights. 1.47 is currently the leading laptime on RSR http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=3284&car=3. The leading 3 cars were long in the distance. I doubt I could bronze this challenge as it stands. The console AI are also much more aggressive and do not leave as much racing room, I get the feeling the AI are a much older version build.

Xbox One N2 series race for balancing comparison with PC video below:

PC at easiest 80% AI difficulty - easy to win the race with lap times around 1.53.3. As in the description the race challenges you to use the agility of the E30 M3, the other cars disappear off the line but you catch them in the corners and can overtake them.

PC N2 series race:

Last edited: 4 minute

Faultier, XelaleX, denis74 and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay How to set career difficulty Mar 26, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Career Difficulty Spike Issue Jun 24, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [1.0.0] How to change AI difficulty in career? May 30, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Question about career mode race difficulty... Aug 13, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Difficulty career mode Mar 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Career mode - uneven (impossible?) ai difficulty in intermediate Dec 13, 2014
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career Duration Setting? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career Oct 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Career Mode Extra Drivers? Jul 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions No points in career mode Mar 29, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC freeze when click continue after the first career race Mar 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Career mode vs practice mode Feb 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot load saved game in single career mode Nov 8, 2022

3. My best lap was a 1:49.080 on my first try; I actually ran the same identical lap back to back, how crazy is that?
    At 80% difficulty the second place BMW 1M ran a 1:54.7

Ran it again at 100% difficulty and picked up a second on my PB 1:48.081
    The fastest AI (BMW 1M) ran a 1:42.2xx, the slowest Z4 ran a 1:45.6xx and the E30 ran a 1:48.8xx

MBK72 likes this.
  4. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

That is some great consistency! Looks like the Alien difficulty on the Xbox One is about the same then, they run 1.42s at the front. The Easy AI on consoles is almost 10 seconds a lap faster than 80% setting on PC so I can see why people are having trouble!

Faultier and AjKnight666 like this.
  5. FordGuy

FordGuy Rookie

I'm having exactly the same issue with this race on the Xbox. The physics, handling etc on AC are fantastic, but it has some significant balancing issues. Some of the Special Events are also impossible.

MBK72 likes this.
  6. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Yes it looks as if all the console career races are significantly more difficult than on the PC (time trial etc seem fine), it seems the console Easy AI is set well above the 80% lowest AI available on the PC. Keep recording the data, clips etc to show this. If you want me to run a PC comparison - eg see what times the PC AI run - for something specific let me know.

Deleted member 143983 likes this.
  7. pelayin_5

pelayin_5 Rookie

I have recorded that video on my PC this afternoon...

8. Rudski

Rudski Alien

OP Just a little tip, I noticed you have half a tank of fuel left over on a four lap race, you will go quicker simply by figuring out how much fuel you need and no more.

9. Thanks. You're one of the few helpful guys around here.

MBK72 likes this.
  10. birel101

birel101 Rookie

I can't do the Novice 3 series in the KTM X-Bow R, on easy!! I have been playing racing games since sega's virtual racing and lately project cars to death. I am on a pad but surely I should be able to get past this on easy? Tthe game has beat me a few races in lol :(

11. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

Same here. I've been playing racing games since Pole Position, have a decent wheel setup, and turn laps almost every night on some kind of racer title. And I'm having a hard time on easy as well in some of the special events, and career challenges.

12. birel101

birel101 Rookie

Mad isn't it, I feel like a noob:0 I can manage gold in most time attacks but the races I'm last in all using the KTM:/ online is pretty much useless with the stuttering and the career is to difficult on easy for me, apart from that the game is great lol

Silato likes this.
  13. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

You're effectively suffering from the same game balancing issue. Take these couple of examples (just jumping straight to race with no setup etc):

In the N2 Z4 race the fastest 80% (easiest setting) AI on PC run 1.58.6 on console at Easy AI they run 1.49.6 - despite this to me this event still seems to be achievable but this is supposed to be the easy setting.....

On the KTM X-Bow Race on 80% PC AI they run 2.11.3 on console easy AI they run 2.03.6 which is an entirely different level of challenge in these cars and like the E30 M3 race feels way too tough on Easy difficulty.

There is also another discussion going on over in the Chit Chat room about whether the setups and set up options are the same for the cars on PC and Xbox One - it seems they might not be. I'll post up some screenshots once I 've had time to compare.

Silato and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  14. Silato

Silato Rookie

The AI is an issue that's spoiling it at moment for me. How has no testers picked up on the issue, and I've also had AI cars pitting on the last lap of a race!

MBK72 likes this.
  15. The ai pitting bug has been around for several months now and I do know that Stefano is furiously working to solve it.

16. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

Another great thread and thanks for that.

Racing this event was no fun and no success at all on console and you proved why.

MBK72 likes this.
  17. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

Just bought the came for PS4 a couple days ago and got into this event.. no matter what I tried I just couldn't get the first or second position .. so I googled for some tips and was directed here. How come this is still an issue???

On top of that things which needs to be fixed are:
    - physics for tires.. they are like soap. 40kmh speed and wheel turned hard left or right the car just keeps sliding forwards, especially the slow cars in the beginning of the game
    - wheel button customization .. L3 (DRS) on my wheel (Thrustmaster T150) is in place which is impossible to use when racing, I must change is to L2 or R2, so I need to customize controls
    - after you finish first the race keeps on going for a while, if you are in a turn and the wheel is force feedbacking youre suddenly dropped at pitstop and force feedback is freed .. dang. How about an auto AI control instantly or some sort of winning ceremony? Also isn't it a bit of unprofessional game design to just drop the car in the pits waiting for others to finish the race?
    - braking lines.. the red color should indicate a somewhat point for starting the braking according to your speed.. the actual breaking point is usually after 100m of full throttle. This is the biggest problem so far, the player can't learn the tracks properly with this non-working guiding system. Also, there are red spots even on the straights.
    - as someone already told, in a 4 or 5 lap race AI went to pits on last lap, fine by me.. just makes no sense

I have to say I am extremely disappointed in purchasing Assetto Corsa .. especially after about two years of not playing Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 and started again with new wheel. I just hope there wont be more irritating issues when I continue playing.. at least major ones. I feel the game is still at beta stage.

- Hool

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Lewisxbone and MBK72 like this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

19. this is still a probem just fired it back up after about a year layoff......feels great on the wheel though. shame nobody fixed it yet