1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Xbox One multiplayer frame rate

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Capirossi, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Capirossi

Capirossi Racer

I decided to try some online racing today - well not racing exactly, it was a multiplayer practice session at Nordsleife Tourist. I thought it would be a good way to put some time in with other humans without it getting too messy.

Trouble was, as new people joined the lobby the frame rate took a nose dive! I don't know how bad it got in terms of numbers, but it was more like a series of stills than a moving picture, and impossible to drive.

I'm also having the screen tearing issue across the whole game, that has been widely reported.

The thing is, I absolutely love the physics in this game. It's hands down the best game on the Xbox for the actual driving experience, imho. I can put up with the lack of control customisation (although I can't believe there's no way to look behind you, other than the mirrors), and even the clunky menus aren't a deal breaker for me, but the frame rate and screen tearing need fixing - PRONTO!!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Real driver change in multiplayer mode on the Xbox?? May 22, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Multiplayer driver swaps Xbox Mar 29, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer for Xbox one May 11, 2020
    Bug reports Multiplayer Issues on Console (PSN/Xbox Live) Nov 29, 2017
    Console Lounge Xbox multiplayer broken May 20, 2017
    Bug reports Xbox one multiplayer??? Nov 24, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Loosing save progress mid race and after race. (Xbox series x) Mar 19, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Frame drop or freeze on Xbox series X Mar 17, 2024
    XBox One Discussions Saved game crash Xbox series s Feb 22, 2024
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX SERIES S VERSION 1.7.2 NOT UPDATED? Dec 6, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Did the developer stop updating events on xbox series x? Nov 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does xbox one version become x/s optimised version? Nov 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023

3. pete rankin

pete rankin Rookie

it's bloody awful.

4. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

I cant help with the main part of your post but the part I have quoted press your look left + right buttons together should look behind :)

Capirossi likes this.
  5. pavano

pavano Simracer

fix is on the way, according to Stefano

min 12:30

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  6. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hey! We are fully aware of an issue with the frame rate on Xbox One. Our team have been working hard on a fix and you can expect it this week!

7. Borez

Borez Gamer

That's a very interesting video. After watching it I have a whole load more respect for the devs. Never knew the dev team was so small.

Damn good job is all I can say after that, keep on doing what you're doing.

Guitar playing isn't half bad either.

8. Capirossi

Capirossi Racer

Thanks for the tip Steve, trouble is, the way the controls are configured the look left/right buttons are opposite sides of the d-pad, so they can't be pressed simultaneously.

9. Capirossi

Capirossi Racer

Thanks guys, I think you've done an amazing job with this for the most part, I understand that a lot of processing power is being used by the physics engine and it's gonna take time to iron out the wrinkles.

On another note, I've had a suggestion from another forum member regarding looking behind you whilst driving, but this can't be done with the current button mapping. Can we expect to be able to customise this in the future?

Hammerpgh likes this.
  10. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

hmm thats a bit silly what wheel is it you using, I know on PS4 they have a handy feature in accessibility where you essentially custom map your buttons to different buttons example change square to dpad left and so forth dont have an xbone does it have a similar feature somewhere?

If not hopefully Kunos will make it like pc so you can customise your button mappings.

Did a quick google it seems xbox do have a remapping feature using the xbox accessories app it is mainly for the xboxone pad dont know if this would transfer to the wheel could be worth a try though :)

http://www.howtogeek.com/254132/how-to-remap-your-xbox-one-controllers-buttons/

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Capirossi likes this.
  11. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

That remap only works for the game pad on the XB1 for some silly reason, not on wheels. Leave it to microsloth I guess. Really hoping that KS drops a patch to allow custom mapping in game, ala Pcars.

Capirossi likes this.
  12. Chicolini

Chicolini Rookie

That's great! Can we also expect a fix for this issue on PS4 soon?

Capirossi likes this.
  13. Seb007

Seb007 Gamer

the patch went online last night, great work Kuno

The game now runs really very smooth, even in the Multiplayer
    And also the steering angle of the car will be provided automatically.

Keep it up

Capirossi likes this.
  14. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

Thanks for Tuesday's patch ac. Multiplayer is playable.

15. Capirossi

Capirossi Racer

Thanks again man, I was gonna check this out but WNCmotard already has and it's a no go :(. I'm sure Kunos will sort this properly in time though, from what I've seen so far they are very passionate and rightly proud of their game. They won't want little issues like this spoiling the fun ;)

16. Capirossi

Capirossi Racer

I'm sure they will.

17. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Hi tried multiplayer last night after patch, runs much smoother than before, still got massive frame rate issues when people join the lobby during qualifying. Still got the biggest problem with multiplayer though, people playing destruction derby, and there lies the problem, with out private lobby's the multiplayer isn't worth bothering with. So it's back to p cars and f1 2016, this is a shame because this game has promise.

18. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

There are drivers, picking up the game for the 1st time, and going straight into multiplayer causing colossal carnage at turn 1 and 2 simply because they've not practiced or used other game modes to get to grips with the cars and circuits. There are also (unfortunately) the groups of drivers homing in on quick drivers and taking them out so they can win the race through unsporting conduct on the track. Racing does require etiquette, skill, and the ability to react well in any situation. The fun is spoilt by the un-necessary unsporting behaviour of other gamers. Regarding the frame rate issue following the recent patch, I find no issues with this following the update. Could there be another source causing the issue? (Input lag from TV set or incorrect HDMI output setting from console to TV?).

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Guys, regarding the FPS drops when someone joins the lobby: there have been bad drops on the PC at some point. While this is annoying it's also kind of a good sign because it's most likely no performance bottleneck of the consoles but rather some non-ideal behaviour of the server. So it's something that can be sorted out. And I'm sure Kunos will just like they did on PC.

Seeing some videos of XBox 1 racing the big drops really look like glitches to me...no actual performance issues of GPU and CPU. Just a gut feeling from running into weird graphics issues on PC in the past.

Rocket77 likes this.
  20. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

I was racing, today, at spa, gt3. I've not noticed any frame rate issue, following the patch, until one driver joined this lobby today. This drivers car was skating left and right, the screen was jumping, frame rate distorted, not only did I miss a gear, this drivers car teleported one side of the track to the other, and spun my car multiple times. Following, this driver left the lobby, and the lobby was fine from then on.

LeDude83 likes this.
  21. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

The problems with online multiplayer on the Xbox One are back today and worse than ever. Previously it took a few laps for the lag/stutter to begin, now it is there from the start. The video does no justice to the slowdown I encountered here the game was truly unplayable.