1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

steering is constantly shaking left and right

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by talby71, Aug 28, 2016.

1. talby71

talby71 Gamer

not sure if this is normal or not but has never happened in any other game

with a steering wheel it just constantly moves left and right and unless holding the wheel hard the whole thing just shakes, my arms are killing me, makes no difference what setting my FFB is at
    with a controller it feels like driving with flat tires and just cant keep up with AI cars

Rocket77 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering Wheel skipping first 10% Mar 30, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Problem with G29 steering wheel Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering not working CSL DD Feb 27, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No Steering Detected Logitech G Pro DD Feb 8, 2024
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering inverted setting Jan 21, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Strange steering/throttle bug? Dec 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to hide steering wheel on XSX? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals It's time to rethink steering lock. Sep 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox steering wheel support Aug 9, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Invisible steering wheel/driver and greyed out button Jul 23, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Bentley GT3 Animated steering wheel not moving Jun 23, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals v1.9 Game fps decrease at 0 fps when I turn on the steering wheel May 11, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Logitech G923 not steering Apr 29, 2023
    ACC Physics Steering lock of Ferrari 296 not correct Apr 23, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 296 steering wheel animation Apr 20, 2023

3. ZeroPT

ZeroPT Rookie

I had this issue, the wheel shake a lot and very difficult to keep it straight, but reducing the FFB lower than 100% made some difference.
    I'm using 50% FFB / 30% Curbs / 40% Road / 5% Slip and OFF in the other two options.

4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

5. ZeroPT

ZeroPT Rookie

But this is the xbox game version.

talby71 likes this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

oops, my bad.
    Saw the thread via "new posts" and title doesn't have the "XB1" tag... :oops:

7. talby71

talby71 Gamer

But should it move back and forth so bad when driving in a straight line
    Just doesnt seem right

8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Probably not.

I had that very much on the long straight at Nordschleife to Döttinger Höhe. I guess it's similar with other bumpy tracks parts. The FFB just goes crazy because it wants to show the user the track is bumpy, in corners it's not as bad because you have a cornering force and then adds/subtracts to that.
    On straights you don't have that and so you have peaks in both directions that result in the shaking.

I don't know what you can change on console, but from the previous post, road and curbs could be adjusted and then test if it's better.

If you have a minimum force setting, lower that value or turn it to 0% and try it.
    Also "filter" I have at 5%, if that's an option with console version.

talby71 likes this.
  9. talby71

talby71 Gamer

Its just constant left and right on a flat track even driving slow
    Hopefully an update might help settle it

10. NickA

NickA Rookie

I've experienced this with my CSW v2 wheel running on the xbox one. To resolve it, as mentioned earlier you need to reduce the FFB settings. I lowered mine to 20 and it's much more playable now although it's still not a 100% right. What wheel are you using?

talby71 likes this.
  11. talby71

talby71 Gamer

Using the mad catz wheel
    But even with the controller there's the same feeling in the controller

12. NickA

NickA Rookie

Try to lower the FFB and see if that helps. It did for me!

talby71 likes this.
  13. talby71

talby71 Gamer

Thanks
    Have done and it's better

Just think that it's another issue that needs to be fixed

14. NickA

NickA Rookie

Yeah I think so too as even after lowering the FFB and the various other settings it still doesn't feel a 100% for me like in the way the Forza series has felt once it's been tweaked!

Fingers crossed...

talby71 likes this.
  15. talby71

talby71 Gamer

Oh don't mention that word on here.
    It's blasphemy lol
    Can never expect it to ever drive the same as forza..not a sim
    Maybe project cars which also had a lot of issues at launch ..
    Just hope they sort the issues out eventually

16. cornwolf

cornwolf Rookie

The only time I have an extreme of this is after a race and the wheel still moves. I would be good after a race if the wheel just does nothing once crossing the finish line. Other than that, the default settings are very high and you need to lower them alot, once you have done this you will find it to be a lot easier to controller and not like you have just had a work out.

17. talby71

talby71 Gamer

Have just read that the update that just got applied fixes this issue
    Guess I'll find out tonight when i get home
    Hopefully it has

18. talby71

talby71 Gamer

Yep the update has definitely fixed this issue and I've turned the ffb back up
    Few more adjustments and I'm happy

Waiting for the rest of the game to be improved now

19. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

There are 3 force feedback settings, the main force feedback, curbs force feedback, and road force feedback. I had this issue and found that by turning down the road/tyre force feedback, the shaking stopped on the straights. The other thing I found that is unique, that under heavy tyre wear, the wheel starts to shudder when the tyres start to lose traction. hope this helps. : )

20. talby71

talby71 Gamer

The
    The overnight update has fixed the issue i was having
    All good now
    No more constant shudder just driving in a straight line

Rocket77 likes this.
  21. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

On pc you can get rid of that with setting "slip effect" to 0%. Don't know if you have that option in the console version.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Rocket77 likes this.