1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Good v's Bad - My Assetto Corsa Opinions after 20 Hours

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by AssettoBob, Aug 29, 2016.

1. AssettoBob

AssettoBob Rookie

These are my opinions of Assetto Corsa (console version) after 20 hours of play on Xbox One using a Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel with Ferrari GTE rim.

Good
    --------
    Great car physics / handling - best on Xbox One by a mile (with a wheel)

Racing - The AI are good, racing feels very authentic

Car selection - quality over quantity (but a little too many model variant / repeats)

Tracks, same as cars, nice selection - quality over quantity

Graphics are clean, cars look good

Good price - cost less than £30 new (UK)

FFB is great for the most part (Thrustmaster TX racing wheel)

Incremental TC adjustment in real time is awesome (should be standard in racing games)

Allows a generous amount of run off track before a penalty is issued - very refreshing

Achievement / Trophy lists are decent, offering a nice amount of challenge

Bad
    -------
    Unbalanced AI drivers - some races are too difficult - This seems in part due to the mismatch of performance between cars

Frame rate can drop to VERY low levels making the game unplayable (I only experienced this once after returning from multiplayer)

No controller custom configuration - only 3 pre-set config's for controllers, 2 for steering wheels (very poor)

Very poor advanced controller options - no deadzone, saturation settings etc

Can only set car up on the pre-race screen - should be able to pause or pit to alter setup without quitting the race and starting over

FFB - some car / track combinations cause very violent left-to-right FFB on the straights (Thrustmaster TX racing wheel)

The static "Ideal Racing Line" assist is poor - should be dynamic

No private multiplayer lobbies

No Leaderboards

Niggles
    ---------
    Presentation feels very budget

Dated menus

Cars should start in 1st gear on the grid when using manual gearbox

Waiting for all cars to cross the finish line post-race is unnecessary, while "jumping" to the pit lane is just plain weird

After pausing a race it would be better to simply "back out" of the pause menu using B / Circle button instead of having to confirm with the "Drive" button

Adjusting car set-up in the pre-race menu is clumsy when using a wheel as there are no button bindings for the Min / Max Values (They still show as LT / RT)

Unpopulated race tracks lack atmosphere (I guess this was done to keep FPS up)

Traction Control values are confusing - lower value should be less assistance, higher value should be more assistance

The good news is that at it's core Assetto Corsa is a great racing sim and most of the problems can be fixed with future patches / updates . . . . fingers crossed.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Dev's: Add Quad Views rendering to ACC for a free massive fps gain Sep 3, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars For Dev's "motion blur" Feb 3, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Dev's priority to optimization Dec 13, 2018
    Console Lounge Message to the dev's Oct 18, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server question for the dev's regarding pick up mode Dec 22, 2014
    Suggestions Question for the Dev's re features from netKar Feb 17, 2014
    3D car models Driver Profiles (one for the Dev's) Jan 18, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Cars haveing bad netcode at the start of each session Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer no bad ping or wifi racers allowed Jul 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Results bad json Dec 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions patch v 1.8.7.1 bad , doesn't work Dec 8, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad VR performance after upgraden 6900XT --> RTX4900 Dec 5, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad Performance after Windows 11 22H2 update Oct 14, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Baden GT BMW M2 CUP May 23, 2022

3. breyzipp

breyzipp Gamer

Solid review and a lot of valid points I agree with!

rauf00 likes this.
  4. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi - Thanks for this! We really do appreciate the constructive criticism and we'll make sure our developers are aware of the points you've made.

5. boost555

boost555 Rookie

They need to add adjustments for braking for wheel settings.

6. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Agreed! We do need more constructive reviews like this.

7. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

I pretty much agree with all of those points. I only started playing last night so have a lot to go through and i'm sure i'll have other things that I like \ dislike \and will post them as and when i've had a proper test of everything. Loving what I have tried so far though :)

8. jc1186

jc1186 Gamer

Can u calibrate the brake for the T300 on PS4?

*edit. I'm at full throttle when I depress the throttle only half way.

9. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

Having a driving sim was released without the ability to calibrate the wheel / pedal setup, no soft lock, and no button mapping is beyond me. These things need patched quickly, the braking is so bad the game is almost unplayable for me on T3PA pros with the conical mod. I know most are busy screaming about private lobbies, but unless the other things are fixed, I could care less if there are private lobbies.

Now for the good, I'll give KS credit where credit is due, the FFB feels very good, and the AI seems pretty decent. And the sounds really draw me in, the little rattles, squeaks, bottoming out, etc really help to give me that sense of immersion. I really love the overall feel and vibe of the game, can't wait to get home and play actually, even with the flaws, and I truly believe that KS will fix the issues.

likewise, Philippeapo and Hammerpgh like this.
  10. Deathmeat03

Deathmeat03 Rookie

Have problem with Clutch in G29 PS4. When i use my shifter for some reason when i downshift is stuck in Neutral unless i stop the car. Very rare situasion. But by the way i love the game in overall Good Job Guys.

11. steveben

steveben Rookie

I would love to carry on playing this game but at he moment its unplayable for me, Hope it gets fixed soon or it will end up like project cars empty lobbies.

Bad Points:
    No calibration for wheel and pedals (would be nice to be able to set the inside/outside deadzone's along with DOR
    The Special events needs to be reworked, as of now it does'nt seam very special
    The sound of the cars when pulling away from the line sounds like a vinyl record starting up / very electronic
    Screen tearing is ridiculous
    Frame rate is very bad / Would prefer less 30fps with smooth game play than have 60fps and snap shots of game play
    To many variants of the same car.
    More American Tracks need to be added.
    No private lobbies
    Online lobbies have really bad frame rate dropping.
    Returning to pits when race has finished is instant (Lacking achievement)

Good Points:
    Good selection of cars
    Car Tuning is nice with the option to save to specific tracks
    The physics is awesome
    Tracks are very good and well laid out
    FFB is spot on
    Engine sound very good apart from the mentioned above.

So as you can see the bad out ways the good at the moment, As soon as these issues are fix then this game will be the best driving Sim on the console PERIOD!

I use Fanatec CSW v2 / Universal hub / Momo wheel / Fanatec Pedals / Playseat / 43'' 1080 LCD TV / Xbox One

likewise likes this.
  12. Archangel22

Archangel22 Gamer

Well said TC I agree but sadly if they havent done many of these patches on P.C I just dont see it released for consoles also. Devs seem to be neglecting this game and I dont have much hope for this game on the long run, kinda feel like I shouldve gotten PCars instead. I like the game and will give it a chance but man there are issues and it feels bareboned. Would love more cars for not an over the top price for DLC and more tracks and weather and day night cycles

13. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

Well, the braking wasn't fixed in today's patch. I did a lot of AI racing this evening, and the braking is making it almost impossible, even on easy level. I can brake before the AI cars, and still can't get stopped without plowing into them. Pedals work great in any other sim but this one, and it' screwing me up when I try and run those. Until this is fixed, and a wheel / pedal calibration is added, it's simply unplayable for me.

14. Mark Manning

Mark Manning Rookie

Totally agree with the above comments. It has the making of a great sim. I'm finding Project Cars more involving and exciting to play, with its second screen apps being the icing on the cake. Assetto Cora feels very unfinished at the moment, but hopefully the issues will be sorted soon and more dlc released to make this a brilliant game.
    The most important priority is to fix the current problems and hopefully add some more options for us to adjust our wheel and controller setups.

Thanks for your hard work so far and look forward to fixes soon.

15. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

Also, I continue to have complete loss of force feedback at times. The only way to fix it is to completely exit out of the game, and re-launch. This is on a Thrustmaster TX base, T3PA Pro pedals, and TH8A shifter as far as peripherals are concerned.

16. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

I only picked up the game yesterday but noticed the same thing while playing last night. I use the T300 Alcantara Edition. At first I felt the FFB was a bit too strong and I adjusted down to 40% and settled around 55% but started a few hot laps and lost all force feedback. I tried readjusting but only a restart brought it back.

17. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

Purchased the season pass on XB1, but can't download any of the cars with the cloud symbol, even though they're shown in the game.

18. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff Rookie

So far I am enjoying the Game (XB1S with TX wheel and T3PA pro pedals with Ricmotech load cell).

Some Issue's I have seen with the short testing that I have done.

1) No brake or gas indicator when driving (Bars measuring how far you push the pedal down).
    2) Lack of wheel calibration.
    3) Would like to be able to go to settings when in the race menu while either in the pits or pausing in single player mode.
    3) More adjustment as far as field of view.
    4) Would like to custom map my button configuration.
    5) On the car I ran (CR7R) there was no brake pressure adjustment only bias.
    6) The ability to create private lobbies for league play.
    7) Screen tearing. Like stated in other post, would rather have 30FPS and smooth running or I personally would like lower graphics with 60FPS capabilities.

At this point everything else with the game is awesome so far. I have only played for a limited time and will devote more time after the league I am in finishes up this season. I am hopping that there will be more tracks and cars in the future when you start dropping DLC content.