1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Does complete lack of performance customization bother anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tacoscent, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

I can get over that you can't paint or change how the vehicle looks or put new wheels on it, but you also can't customize a car performance wise either. For example, lets take that new Audi S1. Hot hatch, obviously you know lots of people who buy it are going to modify it, but they offer no tuning stages, and nor can we choose what we want to do with it. How about, adding a new turbo with some more boost to get over 300hp, or stripping out the interior to remove weight, adding a aftermarket suspension or differential so you can tune those, just to change how the car handles?

Some people will say "well its supposed to be a simulation of the real car", and yeah, it is, and the option is there for people who only want to drive the stock car to do so. But its a pretty big letdown to see time and again either no player choice customization or nothing even from Kunos. Essentially if you wanted that, you would need to do it all yourself, which Kunos doesn't support and if you post it here will get you in trouble, and console guys don't have any options at all.

Personally, I really hope they think about adding customization, bare minimum in the performance category, preferably player choice, like in Forza or Gran Turismo. Except it could honestly be even deeper because we get a damage system in this game, so, say Kunos allows you to stick a big turbo in the car and increase the boost to get 400-500hp out of that S1, would be great, except maybe you gotta pick and choose when to use it because you'll break the engine with any prolonged use. Would add a lot of tactical depth to races kinda like choosing when to use your kers. Obviously, "best" setups would come up and that's all people would use but still, it would add so much more to the already great racing.

Doing this doesn't dilute the simulation either.. If all you care about is the stock car, well, its already there, enjoy. But since this game simulates the stock cars so well, it should do a great job simulating modded versions as well. Just sucks to think that the Porsche pack is coming up, and throughout the years car enthusiasts have done tons of modifications to those cars, but we probably won't get to experience any of that. I know some people here don't care about that at all, but I do, its a glaring weakness if you start comparing Assetto Corsa to other racing games. We don't have a huge roster of cars to choose from, so it would make sense from a feature standpoint that you can do more with those cars.

Just my 2 cents.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Rating does not reset properly on Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024
    ACC General Discussions GT4... but does the bop exist? Dec 29, 2023
    ACC Physics Asphalt temperature does not change tire temperature and pressure Dec 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does xbox one version become x/s optimised version? Nov 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting game does not start or even launch Nov 19, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing steer lock doesn't work with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fresh Windows 11 install and ACC does not start! Jun 28, 2023
    Audio Bugs & Issues Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 25, 2023
    ACC Audio Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 22, 2023

3. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

No not me

mESCx, tkaczorek69 and Dream1979 like this.
  4. plaid

plaid Alien

It could make some cars more interesting.
    A realistic amount of weight reduction and some power increase at least.

For AC its probably too much, but in general its cool, especially if there aren't many racecars, to turn streetcars into basic racecars with a rearwing, racetires and breaks and a adjustable suspension.
    Some cars brakes driven like in the game wouldn't last in reality, so it would rather add to the realism.

Regarding arcade: You can simulate tuning, too.

5. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Licensing for one reason.

Many of the licenses are very strict, and only that particular spec of car can be in the game... thus for example - no fancy-schmancy R34.

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

No, it doesn't bother me. Unless they would get real data from tuner companies and their own testing those modifications wouldn't be realistic, just guess work. At that point you're not simulating the real cars anymore and the devs would have no reference points in reality to make sure everything is proper. At that point you could just play Forza or Gran Turismo to play your numbers game. What I want from Assetto Corsa is an accurate representation of the real cars, not Forza or Gran Turismo. Besides, a system like that is a crap-ton of work and licensing is a huge issue (Nissan apparently didn't allow versions of the R34 for example).

I'd much rather see the ability to change rims (specifically those that were a choice on the original car) and an in-game livery editor/ability to share.

7. I remember Forza everytime, and it's nice when you put some turbo into your car. When your sounds change with added turbo "swishh", or mayabe a new exaust change a bit the sound ^^
    Another mention to the drag race with custom cars over the net. Is it abandoned the drag mode in AC? Mmh

8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

You could give rFactor 2 a try then. You can customize certain cars within limits there. The Koni for example, or the Howstons.
    I don't miss that in AC - I personally don't even drive roadcars that often. So, no, doesn't bother me :)

9. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

dont worry guys i got your backs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There you go. I personally dont see any problems here.

In all seriousness though it would be nice but it would just be too much to do for the physics devs, they already have a lot of work on their plates, modifications would add massively to that.

Georg Siebert likes this.
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i'd be much more interested in an option to reduce power.

it is a possibility according to Lord Kunos so be sure to send him a postcard explaining how much you love air restrictors... and cats... but not the 2 together!

11. Juliano

Juliano Racer

that sums up what i expect from AC basically, i don´t think AC need this kind of features, i really don´t care too much about skinning and rims, but skinning is a good feature already implemented so... we have a ton of games with pretty much all of this features well implemented yet.

What i´d like to see is a real time app or section on AC that shows graphically and physically the changes you can already make on the setups, this would be a great add on ,like a screen where you can test you suspension geometry, the changes made in camber, toe, bump travel etc...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  12. I really hope the devs will never add something like this in AC. Never. I don't want such NfS stuff in it.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Unnecessary. There's many car customization games out there and this kind of levelling has no place in AC. It really only makes sense in a game where you make constant progress. The progress in AC is on the driver side.

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

/thread

nate likes this.
  15. It's a difference, not a weakness. Assetto Corsa (I am guessing) was never intended to be "just another racing game", and therefore doesn't have to compete with anything.

Horus, Seria17hri11er, mESCx and 5 others like this.
  16. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

No

Horus, mESCx and nate like this.
  17. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Doesn't bother me at all and I most definitely do not want such things. And I hope devs will never waste resourses for that.

18. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I learned to mod physics, now I can do more to a car in AC than the anyone can do in Forza. ;)

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

We also need virtual currency and in game transactions so we can buy all these mods and outrace all other kids.

Horus, mESCx, Matty28 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Lol that title. I did a few AC customizations and can't complain :D

Talking about individual car updates - yes I know what you mean, enjoyed especially NfS Porsche very much for putting in sharper camshafts and see what happens. And no, nothing for AC.

21. Emerson

Emerson Racer

No. This is not NFS

22. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The cars without visible fully animated suspension do change the wheel positions already. Open wheel cars or cars like the GT40 where you can see a lot of the suspension don't unfortunately as you have to start altering the length and position of suspension components to reflect the suspension setup changes. Animating all that gets complicated according to the dev's.

Apparently some manufacturers don't want to see modded versions of their cars in game so we sometimes don't even get step versions. I remember Aris saying Abarth were especially prickly so the Abarths we have in game are quite close to stock.

I don't mind modded cars being in game as long as the mods are backed by some sort of real world data.

Horus likes this.