1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano's Live Stream Converts a Cynic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Winston, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Just watched the Sunday Chit Chat, Talk, Answer and Play Guitar (Stefano's Live Stream) and as a result bought 2 DLC packs.

I have had Assetto Corsa for some time along with PCars and have been playing PCars over AC for over a year. The thing is I have had a bit of an issue with Kunos after buying netkar Pro only for them to pull the plug on it before it was anywhere near finished. Anyway I have recently gone back to AC and find it much more involving than PCars although both products deserve praise for what they bring to the table. Earlier this week I saw Stefano's Live Stream and was so impressed with him that I have just bought 2 DLC packs to show my support, seems like a great guy with a great attitude and has motivated me to invest where any amount of marketing hype would have failed.

Keep up the good work

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    aliasgreg, DaveS78, ALB123 and 32 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Sunday Chit Chat, Talk, Answer and Play Guitar (Stefano's Live Stream) Aug 28, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues I want Stefano's music in game menu! :) Jan 11, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Stefano's realtime app Aug 15, 2015
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Again, a discussion about Lexus custom liveries Apr 1, 2024
    ACC General Discussions About those US tracks and Liveries... Feb 21, 2024
    ACC General Discussions search ingame livery folder Feb 2, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to get official Ferrari 296 livery Nov 26, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds RSR Live Timing Jul 10, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Do we have any better Porsche Cup liveries for single player mode Jul 10, 2023
    ACC General Discussions GT4 car & livery update ever? Jul 1, 2023
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever I save a livery (in game editor) [AV interference] Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars little Bugs on 2023 Liveries Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Can´t race sigle make race on offical liveries mixed custom ones Apr 6, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos My Valentino Rossi BMW M4 livery - DOWNLOAD - Dec 18, 2022

3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

If you watch all of his streams , you will buy the rest of them and also feel the need, to buy them as gifts again.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

nate and Johnnypenso like this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I think a lot of developers underestimate how powerful a personal connection to the community can be. Actually explaining why stuff is easy, hard, expensive etc and why they made certain design choices goes a long way imo.

Obviously interacting with a large community can be difficult and dispiriting sometimes but it's worth it from a commercial point of view, especially for smaller teams.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Watch this one too.

6. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Ha ha you may be right :)

7. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yes I agree.
    As you say it's good to get some insight into exactly what it takes to make a sim and some of the issues that have to be solved.
    I can see from that clip that the hardware and software environment evolved during netcar pro's development and that as it was it wouldn't have made best use of the capabilities of modern machines .

Mogster likes this.
  8. LeiF

LeiF Alien

We are indeed fortunate to have such interaction with the lead dev.

For example, I would put money on the fact that there are guys on the GTPlanet forum who would give a pound of flesh for Kaz to actually answer just one of their questions personally.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  9. rainey06au

rainey06au Hardcore Simmer

+1 Stefano for president of the world!

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  10. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

I agree with you OP; I tried AC again because of the improved AI, but then watched the Summer stream linked above and some of the others and felt compelled to try out some of the extra content; now have everything aside from the Japanese pack.

11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i will buy all the rest of the dlc when he figures how to put in ai mistakes... i know he's almost there.

think of it as his reward from me hehe :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

is that in the current build or secret testing mike?

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I think that happens in 1.8 and earlier versions too, I've seen the AI do some weirder mistakes like that as well. But no clue if that's intentional or just the AI having some issue with the AI line and its current positioning plus the car in front of it.

14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yeah i agree looks more like a glitch than a mistake/error.

15. pavano

pavano Simracer

even if it's just a glitch, it makes the AI quite human
    I experienced this as well the other day

16. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

aren't the ai at donny not very good on that mod anyway?

17. pavano

pavano Simracer

yes, true ;)

18. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

This is happened many many times for me also, mostly on t1 @ Mugello.
    Maserati 12C, ferrari 488gtb, some gt3.
    On 1.8.0 for sure.
    Then my pedals has gone (still...) and i've not tried anymore AC in 1.8.1.

It's strange that @Lord Kunos said that this feature has been removed just before the 1.8's launch.
    On my pc the IA clearly make a kind of mistake that on 1.7.x doesn't do

19. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Someone made a better AI line but I can't remember if I included it in the release (probably not). Might be in the next version, not that anything's planned at the moment.

The Moose and MsportDAN like this.
  20. I asked him about it this was his answer: "Maybe I didn't remove all the code. ;)"

GRFOCO and Seria17hri11er like this.