1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The Ferrari SF15-T power unit & driving advice.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Kr1st

Kr1st Rookie

Hello, (I already did a Google search)
    Does anyone know where i can find some setups (.ini) files to for this car to download ?
    Thanks

2. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Try the Setup Market, there are a few there.

Vassilis likes this.
  3. Kr1st

Kr1st Rookie

Thanks, i found some.
    (I didn't know the Set Up Market)

4. Vassilis

Vassilis Gamer

You may also find a few at racedepartment.com

5. Kr1st

Kr1st Rookie

Thanks again.
    This car is a really challenge. Even using the racing setup that i got from Set Up Market i cannot achieve the top speeds as 350Km/h like real cars at the end of the Monza and Spa straights. I achieve maximum 335km/h, even with the DRS on and pushing the Kers button.

6. RS10

RS10 Simracer

Is it just me or does the car feel disconnected and 'floaty'?

last weekend i wanted to see how close i could get to last years fastest laps or quali times with some very basic setup changes (dropped fuel, SS, less wing) ... i ended up 2.6 seconds off the ferrari Q3 time and 3s quicker than the fastest time in the race so i think the time itself was reasonable

but ... compared to the F138 i never have a proper 'feeling' for the car, it's ok when i'm a few seconds off pace but when i'm on a hotlap it's just weird ... through les combes it just never feels like it has any grip, i just turn in and hope it doesn't spin and i can't tell when i can turn into malmedy ... it seems "floaty"

it's not overhating tyres - that happens at the end of the lap

7. Kr1st

Kr1st Rookie

but ... compared to the F138 i never have a proper 'feeling' for the car, it's ok when i'm a few seconds off pace but when i'm on a hotlap it's just weird ... through les combes it just never feels like it has any grip, i just turn in and hope it doesn't spin and i can't tell when i can turn into malmedy ... it seems "floaty"

I do totally agree with you

8. Jyrpsi

Jyrpsi Rookie

Maybe it's actually how the car feels. Could be that simple. There were few strange situations last year, when the car behaved a little bit weird even in Kimi's and Seb's hands. Kimi spinning in Canada and collsion with Alonso in Austria, where he lost the control of the car. Seb also spinned out in Mexico.

These cars also have less downforce than pre-2014 spec cars (F138).

Would be interesting to know how last year's Mercedes would feel like. Or Red Bull.

asehauDLM and Vassilis like this.
  9. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Any info on tire pressures being addressed?

10. Just a note, I'm pretty sure the Kimi spin at Canada was something to do with throttle maps/torque maps they use at the start of a race of for pitstops. I think what it does is make the pedal much less sensitive and therefore easier to control when driving off the line, but its designed to go back to the normal mode after 90 seconds or something like that. I think the map changed mode as Kimi was apexing the very slow hairpin, and the throttle position changed.

Can't account for the others though.

Vassilis likes this.
  11. RS10

RS10 Simracer

yep that was related to mappings and sudden ERS delivery afaik

12. Jyrpsi

Jyrpsi Rookie

Ahh yes, that is true. I forgot about that.

13. @xel

@xel Racer

I've got a small question: from what I learned (little...) back in 2014 about these PUs, I thought that the KERS system were now fully automatic, it went to be renamed "ERS" and in fact its functioning completely run by the PU; therefore according to how it were set up, it would send the gained power to the PU itself.
    But then I wondered, if ERS is supposed to be auto, why is it that in AC we can trigger it like F1 drivers used to do in 2009 and from 2011 on (prior to the implementation of PUs) ? Isn't it somehow unrealistic or is it because a game cannot simulate the level of intricacy actual PUs have?
    Then I read OP and went like aw, are you guys telling me that ERS and KERS are now two different things, that now drivers do press "the tiny button" to have extra horsepower like in the previous era and basically what I knew before was completely bull****? :D

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  14. ERS is 'automatic', in that the drivers will have preset modes which deploys the ERS at specific parts of the lap, based on whether its ultimate lap time or being able to defend/overtake etc. This would be custom to every race weekend, where we in AC have a variaty of modes that kinda have to cover all the bases.

They also have the Overtake Button, for when you want to override the ERS Profile and just 'give it all', for when you need a quick burst of power to defend etc. We have this too, and it works just like the KERS button.

Hopefully this explains things :)

15. @xel

@xel Racer

Thanks, I think it did. :)

So what we used to call "KERS" is now being used by the driver much less frequently than the KERS from the past era, its functions were actually split into the automatic part of the energy recovering (ERS, being this time way more complex) and the manual button of instant power usage, now called "boost", "overtake" - or whatever - button.

16. Thought this article was interesting leading up to the Singapore GP: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pirelli-reduces-rear-tyre-pressures-for-singapore-827413/

Says Pirelli are reducing the minimum Rear Pressures from 17.5psi to 16.5... thats not cold pressures either, thats pressures going onto the car, so already been heated by the tyre warmers!

In AC the lowest we can go COLD are 17psi Rear, which is 25psi in the warmers! Surely there's something not right here? Or am I missing something?

LChaves and Schnipp like this.
  17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

What tyre pressures were they allowed to run last year?

18. 18psi front, 17 psi rear.

19. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

It changes from race to race, since Singapore is low speed stuff pressures are lower than what Pirelli usually recommends, rear around 20 with fronts 1 or 2 PSI higher (and that's at 110 degrees celsius not 80 like the AC warmers).

To sum up, yes pressures need to be looked at.

20. Simple formula car please.