1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC best sim on console yet, but there's still something to do.

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Marche777, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Marche777

Marche777 Rookie

I'm a sim racing driver since the arrive of Project Cars on console, a great game in my opinion, and i waited a lot for AC.
    Now that i've spent lot of hours testing cars and tracks i can say that AC has the best fisics and ffb i've ever tryed, enough to let me prefer it to all other racig games.

Here my thoughts:
    • Force Feedback " but i would really like some explanations about the settings. Now i'm running
    ffb 40/45%
    curb 00%
    road 00%
    slip 00%
    understeer ON
    xbox - Thrusty TX

These are good settings for me but i'm not sure if i lost some informations by putting to 0% curb, road and slip.
    • Online " i've never experienced any lag and i really like it, i also love the fact that you're forced to choose different cars for any categories " but for a Sim Game PRIVATE LOBBIES ARE A MUST!
    • Wheel buttons configurations, with Thrustmaster Tx i can't switch on lights and change/remove HUD informations. Sometimes player's names covered half of the screen, really annoying while racing
    After all, Assetto Corsa is already a great simulator, the funniest to drive! Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games did a great job and are absolutely on the right way but there's still something to do. Don't stop listening your community. I'm sure great things are coming!

Ah, sorry for my English I'm Italian

Bibbles, LeDude83, 3dchips and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple BestSetting VR for G2 3080ti 90fps Dec 17, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What would make ACC be the best sim on console? Sep 19, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Best Pit Stops in Sim Racing Jun 7, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC is the best VR experience in Sim Racing Jun 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions What can fairly be expected of developers trying to create the 'best' racing sim ? May 3, 2018
    ACC General Discussions All things considered, what makes the best racing sim ? May 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Which is the best car/track to show someone into simracing? Mar 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec Porsche GT2 (GT3RS and similar wheels in series). Settings. Best firmware and drivers. Oct 22, 2017
    Chit Chat Room where is the best place to sell Sim gear? Jun 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Best drift sim Mar 31, 2017
    Console Lounge Best sim racer around Jan 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room GamerMuscle explains which is the best racing sim, and why Dec 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa is The Best Drift Simulator. Need AI for Practice Tandem Drift Aug 2, 2016
    Screens & Videos Best looking track in sim racing? Mar 26, 2016
    Screens & Videos VW Polo WRC Rally on Poland - Best Rally Simulator Mar 25, 2016

3. quakeguy

quakeguy Hardcore Simmer

Curb is a simple rumble effect added to the FFB signal when going over curbs. Road and slip are force amplifiers, making suspension movement and tire slip more obvious in the overall FFB output. It is still based on the actual tire/suspension movement, but if you wish to keep your FFB as 'pure' as possible, keep them all at 0%.

4. Marche777

Marche777 Rookie

Thank you for the clear explanation. Do you know if it's possible to save online races replay?

5. quakeguy

quakeguy Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, no idea. On PC you can, but I don't know about the console version.

6. fity-x

fity-x Rookie

7. Just to clarify, if you do set Kerb effect above 0, then your wheel will vibrate even if going over a kerb that is completely flat.

Skemekos123 and Marche777 like this.
  8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

No you don't, because road and slip effect are both multipliers. Only the curb effect is an artificial add on.

9. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please don't start a flame war, back in topic.

10. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

• Inappropriate content
    I'm not starting nothing. Just saying the facts without insulting no one. And I'm wondering were the problem is when I correct ppl by saying that pCars is not a sim, so please, tell me-what am I saying wrong?!
    When other says for example"pCars is a sim" you don't have problem with that statement but when I say that's not a sim-then "don't start a war here????

Really?

Pedal to the metal

11. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

So... 22 offtopic messages removed. No more warnings.

Please read the OP, that's the topic.

RoccoTTS and LeDude83 like this.
  12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Thank you
    Btw looking forward in that upcoming patch/update though!! Even tho I don't have thenrpbopems with tearing and lagg etc but beside that I hope
    They will add more stuff!

Pedal to the metal

13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Ok back on topic. I think this is in the topic " but still something to do" without mentioning or comparing to any other games.
    Iwancheck what would you like added to the game ?

14. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Adding of course the possibility to create own lobbies but beside that they need to nerf the difficulty down a bit and to be he honest I'm copletely satisfied with the game.

Thinks like be able to customize the button layout controller/wheel, third app API, add tyre temperature icons on main screen etc will come I think soon or latter.

So far I didn't try the MP section and I can't tell about the existing pre-maked/defined lobbies and the performance of it bcoz I didn't test it but overall say

And lastly, I've to say why I don't complain so much and why am I chilling with the game and what's comming to us;
    I never till now experienced such intensity during s race or Hotlap, I see the potential here and I know they will improve the game by far more as its now and I'm really exited tbh. And this will be the first sim game were ill put real money on the table for supporting this guys. (Call me naive if y'all want) but his game will evolve to something great!

Pedal to the metal

15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I agree with you, with what you want added. I'm more of a multiplayer racer inside a racing community, so private lobbies and custom race grids are a priority. The only thing I disagree with is your happy with the game where I believe this game is not polished enough for general release, to many bugs, with 30 minutes of testing they stand out, none of these should be in the release copy, and some real basic bits missing like a leaderboard for time trial.
    If it was sold as a development game from a new game house I wouldn't be moaning, but it wasn't it was sold as a fully working game.

MBK72 likes this.
  16. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

What bugs?! I don't experience any one from first day till now!! And I'm not ****ting you!! On my console game runs flawlessly! I've read many frame rate issues, screen tearing, these, that, I have sympathy for y'all who got problems but I do not experience even a single one!!

I do love MP, played it in pCars a lot but this system what they present is garbage.
    Your race ends in first corner, doesn't mater if you qualify first or last, you're done in the first corner, specially if you're on Monza
    So when Munis add more features to AC in MP section I hope that they will be more determined to kick dirty drivers and let them not join so easily again.

Pedal to the metal

TeKnO-_-91 likes this.
  17. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

i also have had no issues on the ps4,,yet. The only issues i'm having at the moment are the people who think a race is won at the first corner.