1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Warm up lap?

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by EMW SMILER, Sep 11, 2016.

1. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

I've been having some fantastic, close racing on-line, after the first corner pile up that seems inevitable. Obviously tyre temps have something to do with first corner grip levels and I was wondering if a warm up lap might offer a solution, or starting on warmed tyres or rolling start...

Keisuke likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crash during multiplayer warm-up lap May 18, 2020
    ACC Gameplay 1.05 AI stops completely on full warm up lap Jun 22, 2019
    ACC General Discussions AI Cars spins off in warm up Lap and holds up race for a long time Dec 19, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #84 - Warm-up for the 24h Jun 11, 2018
    Suggestions Warm up lap for multiplayer races Dec 15, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Warmup Session Feb 5, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Tyre Warmer applied after loading Feb 13, 2020
    ACC Physics Brake warmup Jul 28, 2019
    ACC Physics Tyres & brake (temp / warmup) Jun 20, 2019
    Chit Chat Room How to Warm Tyres for a Test or Race Aug 31, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues F40 semislicks won't warm up Dec 19, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Tyre warmers? Jul 26, 2016
    Suggestions Add a Warm Up Session Jul 20, 2016
    Suggestions Tire warmers factory setting Dec 11, 2015
    Screens & Videos E30 group a @donington pedal cam warm up/practice Feb 10, 2015

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

On PC server settings there is an option to use tyre warmers which helps a bit as some cars on stone cold tyres will catch many out. Some not too bad but it still needs people to be aware they will have way less grip then that last lap in qualy. Are any console servers running tyre warmers at all?

4. EMW SMILER

Yes I've seen them in menu before practice but have no idea if utilised on line (no tyre temp info).... I don't think so but could be. Its bad though - pretty much every race GT3.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  5. Keisuke

Keisuke Gamer

This is a good idea hate driving in a race on cold brakes and tyres, everyone seems to forget that its cold and crash in the first corner and they also need to add in fuel for qualifying as a sepreate thing. Btw are you on xbox one? I swear I have seen that gamertag before.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  6. EMW SMILER

Yes I am - Veteran racer from the days of Grid through to this. I hope its not cause I hit you.....
    on second thought maybe I should have said Formation Lap...
    Previously known as Smilerazer, MXR Smiler.

7. Keisuke

Keisuke Gamer

No I've seen you in a lobby on AC probably on Spa in GT3 because the only lobby I join, that and trackdays on Nurburgring.

8. EMW SMILER

It would be GT3 Spa....pointing the wrong way at 1st corner? As I said I hope I didn't hit you - with the lack of info and fact I can't save any tunes I find the GT3 series most fun at present - once going it destroys Forza. And the drivers on that did the same with SC, TC,ABS and racing Lines so there is no perfect answer - just wondering if tyre temps was an area to look at - to help reduce the pile ups.

9. I have never understood why a race car would start with cold tyres?

10. EMW SMILER

It's not realistic and I'm sure in the fullness of time the devs will work something out, if they haven't already - it's got past the point of being ok cause it was still fun. Now its a chore - this is the first day since release I didn't play, after being taken out first corner in 4 different lobbies - which everyone left shortly after start. Roll on the patch....

11. Yes I have had similar problems, I play online mainly, I hope it gets changed but I don't think it will any time soon :(

12. EMW SMILER

See Community Blog 12/09, sheds some light and 'in september' was mentioned by the devs so not long to go. I saw you on the track having issues - it was disappointing cause would have been fun to race with you. IMO theres a lot of fun to come....

13. Yes I remember you messaged me☺, I think that there are several things that require fixing quickly, I am quite positive from what I have read that the Assetto team will do their best and fix the problems and improve features as fast as they can.

EMW SMILER likes this.