1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

where is the real stability control (factory) ?!!

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by billelstar, Sep 12, 2016.

1. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

Hi evryone..i am just asking why they did not put a factory option for the SC like they did it for TCS and ABS..i think that it would be more realistic then percentage (0% to 100%),i find this option arcade and universal,it can be used for all cars in the game and bring the same effect..
    Even if i play without SC (set it to 0%) the most stock cars and some GT with ABS got the SC (ESP) in option but this option can be turned on or off,not selected between 0 and 100% because each car got his own calculated stability system according to his power Engine and technology.
    AC did the right thing for TCS :
    (On/off) on stock cars.
    Selected between value until off on GT and prepared cars.
    But they should do the same for SC like project cars or set the value for each cars differently..but the real thing for a simulation is that can be controled from the car on road like TCS!!
    Thank you

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Where to drive online with real sim racers and not arcade drivers May 14, 2014
    General modding discussion Where can I find all the versions? Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Where do you find the the driver assist settings? Jan 31, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Where is the tire.ini [tyre.ini] file in AC [not Competizione]? Nov 5, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Where Are the AC forums? I don't have Competizione. Apr 13, 2023
    General modding discussion Where to set up headlight aim control (leveling animation)? Sep 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Where is update 1.8.? Sep 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Where to find dash cam driver eyes values May 7, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Gamepad - Where is Steer Lock option? Mar 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Where is the Xbox One S update Feb 26, 2022
    ACC Physics ACC Ride height - from where comes number in setup Jan 15, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Where do I find the logs? Dec 16, 2018

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The 'stability control' setting is entirely artificial and for beginners and has nothing to do with the real cars. It's recommended to disable it entirely.

Matt White, Fanapryde and ears1991 like this.
  4. crimespree

crimespree Racer

because there are simply too many algorithms between brands and it simply isn't feasible to put the effort in for something that everyone who knows what they are doing is just going to turn off. No sims do this properly.

Rift Racer, ears1991 and billelstar like this.
  5. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Correct answer.

6. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

I do disabled it ..i dont play with any assistance but i just only said that it would be a real thing to get a choice to turn it on or off for the car who really own it and not have a choice to configure it for all cars even if the car dont possese the ESC
    And by the way ESC Is a real and not artificial thing in most modern cars,maybe kunos made it by their own way but it still real thing
    Because the SC present in AC is artifical and makes the driving similar and easy for all cars..this should be removed or corrected mostly if they include the private lobbies and give the host possiblity to allow this option
    In project cars ESC is a real option only present in cars who really own it..but dont give you the same aids as AC do,for example in project cars when you play with all steering assist set to factory you can be easily beaten by someone who play without assistance,not the case of AC,
    This is for what they should bring a correction above or remove it from online games

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

It´s a bad idea to bring such comparisons here, especially physics related. And full assists in AC has always been slower too, it´s just a different animal than pC.
    I understand you want ESC/SC simulated, but we also want oil, water, brakes etc, to work if it makes any sense spending time on it. As the SC option works as intended in AC right now, I think a "proper" simulated ESC would be on the bottom of the to-do list, doubtfully even on that list. I personally care 0% about it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Rift Racer and ears1991 like this.
  8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

SC/ESP systems in real life are very complicated and simulating them properly would take a lot of resources, both dev time and CPU power. Also I think (but I'm not sure) that I read from one of the the devs on forum or maybe it was in one of Stefano's streams, that manufacturers don't really want to share data related to those systems.

Just because another game has that option for cars that have it in real life doesn't mean that it's simulated in correct way.

SC in AC won't make you faster, it will just help you correct the slide in unnatural way. So it only helps in situations in which you are losing time anyway. The difference for less skilled players is that without SC they will lose the car and spin and with SC they won't. But if both laps will be clean, without any overdriving, then SC won't help and it won't make you faster. It doesn't add any horsepower nor traction, it just stops the car from spinning.

9. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

Good answer..
    i know that it won't make you faster I know what SC/ESP means ..but all i said is that the SC in AC on 100% make the steering very easy to control even for hyper car...for example race 10 laps on monza without SC..if you try to be the faster (wich is the aim) or to get best lap time u have more risk of spinning and losing control then someone who play with 100% SC..this is the advantage that i am talking about,its not about going faster or power..you can drive and take a turn at high speed safely even with pad..so this give you a kind of arcade control (cheat) of any cars and i dont like it so maybe they must ban this option from online game or equilibrate his performence because racing simulation is about précision and taking risk should be beneficial or fatal

Haulin Hebrew likes this.
  10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Well yes, you can catch any slide with any car with even 25% SC on a pad, not to mention 100%.
    We can set which assists are allowed and which aren't on PC, so I hope you guys will get private lobbies with the full control over cars/tracks/laps/assists and all that stuff.

Matt White and LeDude83 like this.
  11. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Hello all,

Sorry to dig this thread up but although I do understand all the answers brought here, I personally am asking myself if it couldn't help being faster in most of the '50s to '70s cars in which sliding isn't a question but a fact. I mean, 1st thing I did the 1st time I fired AC up was to setup the difficulty settings and so turned them all off. (I'm a classic car lover and barely have any interest for modern ones so any kind of electronic aid was to be banned at my end).

But couldn't SC (not TC or ABS) be of any help for mastering some classic cars driving ? I mean, even if that would be totally unreslistic ? Any thoughts ?

Edit : I just realised that we were in the PS4 section but I'm a PC user.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021