1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic What's the fascination with Nordschleife Tourist & drifting?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by CSHinUK, Sep 14, 2016.

1. CSHinUK

CSHinUK Rookie

Nearly always when I go online on the top of the list with most players are Nordschleife Tourist & drifting.

What is the fascination with these two? I much prefer racing in GT3.....

Please explain so I can 'get it'!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions What's about all these Spam threads? Feb 13, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's up with Special Events Jul 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's this? Mar 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Please tell me this NOT what's coming tomorrow? Feb 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions first pc what's important Jan 10, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality What's with the mirrors? Sep 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's next for ACC? Aug 19, 2021
    ACC General Discussions What's the Status on ACC and future Projects? very quiet in here. Jan 24, 2021
    ACC General Discussions What's the deal with CP servers now? Jul 17, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ok...so you guys did it. What's next? Jul 10, 2020
    ACC General Discussions What's going on? Ghosts lap 1 in SRO? Apr 26, 2020
    ACC General Discussions What's next Nov 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions What's with the pit crew animation Sep 10, 2019

3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I'am with you on that one, I just don't get it. It's a racing sim isn't it. Not trying to derail the topic but I don't get time attack in career either. Just go slower than you can at start then just get faster bit by bit.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Everyone have fun in different ways. Some people enjoy GT3s and some enjoy drifting, I think its just as simple as that.

LeDude83, Epistolarius and NightEye like this.
  5. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Like you can't find GT3 races...:rolleyes:

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  6. Maybe because in real life you could take your car and drive nord :) but you rather wont drive GT3...

7. plaid

plaid Alien

Its fun driving a great (street) car on a great track. Especially on the PC there are great road modtracks that are also fun.
    Its pretty laid back mostly, not as stressful as a race. In reality people do that, too. Its called trackdays.
    Also, people like people (/company). :)
    If you join these servers sometimes you spontaniously start a race with someone every now and then, too.

I personally use AC mostly for driving, for racing there are (in some aspects) better alternatives IMO, while those aren't as nice for driving.

I suggest you pick a streetcar or (less grippy) racecar and try it, especially with some friends.

DriverModFTW and Radfahrer like this.
  8. BBernes

BBernes Racer

Many of us has been to the Nurburgring and others are planning a trip to to the track so it makes sense that it is popular.
    For me GT3 is something I probably never will drive so it doesn't spike the same interest level.
    GT4 would be more interesting as I have driven a GT4 class car.

9. Horus

Horus Alien

Assetto Corsa was made for the many not only you. I don't like modern F1 cars, but I enjoy the Maserati 250F and Lotus 25/49. GT2/3/4 do not hold much interest for me, then again some good racing can be had with respectful racers. Drifting has never been a favourite of mine as I see sliding as a loss of control, but that is because I like racing. But when you see some of the great videos of the talented drifters out there they are remarkably in control. So I agree there are lots of cars/tracks we do not like, but it was not make exclusively for me or you, but for everyone who wants to drive.

As for picking on The Green Hell! A friend from New Zealand is coming over to Europe so he can get his big fat moustache around that place. That track has more history than some countries and as such has an appeal no other track comes close to, well maybe Le Mans but for different reasons. Don't focus on the things you do not like, get on track and race what YOU want to. Even if the server is empty, it only takes one person to make a server become more appealing.

Have fun and make it LOUD!

10. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Driving the GT3. Explain the fascination with these cars. I just dont get it.

11. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

I'm the same with street cars. They're heavy and slow and not designed for racing so why race them?

Open-wheelers, on the other hand, are a bit too sensitive and ladidah for my tastes.

GT3s are quick, easy to drive under the limit and represent a solid start point for many racers. They also look like real cars, sound like beasts and don't understeer like an overladen shopping trolley.

12. CSHinUK

CSHinUK Rookie

I agree with Kaaarp. I bought the game as I like online racing. I've found that the GT3 online races seem more enjoyable, not so tricky to drive.

13. Orne

Orne Alien

I enjoy racing street cars because they are heavy and somewhat ill handling compared to a proper track car. I love the challenge of driving the Mustang GT at Imola on street tyres, dealing with the body roll, lack of traction, all driving aids disabled, 93% track grip. Its great fun to me. Perhaps because it reminds me of my real car. Although I also enjoy driving GT2/3 class cars as well.

The Nordschleife tourist track is fun to drive because its a very casual way to interact with other people who enjoy cars and driving. None of the pressures of an organized race. Just jump in a car and hit the track or wait around for someone in a similar car as yours to head out and follow them.

Most of my time in AC is spent making laps solo. 10 or more laps in the 458 Italia with street tyres then more laps on semi slicks then jump in the C7 Vette and do the same thing. The vehicle handling in AC is so detailed I enjoy driving the cars as if they were real.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Dookie, The Moose, clos2727 and 2 others like this.
  14. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

You and Kaaarp should both try the MX5 Cup car ^^
    Murderous grip, small package, all the devil in the tiniest details :)

GT3 ?
    Pretty "easy" to be "quick" with them

Nordschleife ?
    It has everything every other track could give you and some more .
    Also :
    If yes, why not ? ^^

The Moose, Ace Pumpkin and Horus like this.
  15. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

One simple word: FREEDOM!!

One big thing people seem to forget about a simulator is it simulates my will, sure there are people who's only will is to win races by whatever means, but most of us normal people prefer a more relaxing and controlled environment. When it comes to games people aren't looking to be controlled in a 'sim' they are looking to control it, hence simulator...Once you take the control away you lose the feeling of freedom. Long story short, the drift community is a strong brotherhood and besides a couple very obvious shortfalls the online drift lobbies are good enough for most for now. The tourist lobbies are popular because you have control of everything other than the reset or whatever. My team have all cruised the trackdays because we prefer to simulate our driving as opposed to simulating a situation we'll probably never be in...Freedom!!! Kunos dropped the ball on the online part big time, but I expect them to rebound with all their PC wisdom.

Horus likes this.
  16. Horus

Horus Alien

GT3 makes you feel like you are a superhero, then someone with a little talent flies past you like you are in reverse and you see why progressing through the street cars makes so much difference. That is not trying to start a flaming match, you just learn so much from the less than optimal race cars. Hey, all cars and tracks are great, no point locking yourself down to one series of cars, grab them all and have a blast. :)

17. plaid

plaid Alien

I prefer racingcars for races, but for driving streetcars. The former simply suffer from the lack of movements, g-forces and other impressions, that makes driving in reality so exciting, to a higher degree. Its just plain boring for me to drive alone one a average circuit with a GT car. In streetcars you get more impressions from the car that makes it interesting.
    The exception are rally cars on rally tracks. Thats far more exciting than anything you can do on a circuit IMO and would be kinda hard to archive with a streetcar. :D

Horus likes this.
  18. johan6504

johan6504 Rookie

I go to Nurburgring Nordschlife once a year and use assetto corsa and project cars for training. Driving the GT3 is good way of finding the right race line and practising. I am not the only one that has this figured out and am using the game in the same way.

19. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

I personally don't see then hype in gt3 vehicles, in my personal opinion. I feel they are the easiest cars to drive.

I want to feel like I'm one gas punch away from loosing the end of the vehicle. Do get me wrong, I do drive them but I don't get the same thrill as I get when I'm pushing a normal lower class car to its limit. No greater feeling when two driver come round a corner on the last lap in midst of drifting, controlling, trying not to brake traction. All while knowing that your opponent is pushing just as hard as you.

In races like this you can tell who the great racers are, just by watching how they, not only drive their vehicles but how they control thier cars when they push them. Those drivers bring out the best in you.

Where as every gt3 race I get into, whom ever has the best setup just blows everyone away. It's rarely a close race. And it becomes a race with the course, Not the opponent.

That's just me though.

Here's me in the z4 5 years ago. On gt5 online competition, quality and sound isn't all that great. But the race is something to behold. We both pushed, but respected the integrity of the race.

Had many races like this with normal cars. Never once in a gt3 vehicle.

bradleyland and Horus like this.
  20. Jamesgrainge

Jamesgrainge Gamer

The GT2/3 cars are amazing. If you don't think they offer the same challenge as normal cars that says to me you're not pushing them hard enough. The trick is to push until you can feel/hear the outside rear losing grip into/out of a long corner. That's the art of pushing a racing car

21. I mean, I love GT series races, Im a fan, but is not for everyone. I just deal with it, in that Trackday at Nordschleife like me, you could actually put your skills to the test racing against faster cars(is the most dangerous track in the world and challenging everytine you drive it) and actually you will end learning more stuff that will help you go faster in cars like the GT ones, to explain myself almost every time I go online somebody already have choosen the fastest cars on the row so I look for the cars already choosen and from the few left I pick a car that matches one of the already selected ones and just go to the track to chase that specific car(is fun for me haha). For me is all about the driving experience and to learn every time I can, I take it like practices, but hey if you want to do GT3 more often count on me, do a group for that. My psn id is Dioready, normally Im around on nights.