1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR Health Side Effects

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Sep 17, 2016.

1. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I have been playing around with the DK2 for almost 2 years and last spring I started having eye cramping as I shut my eyes to sleep at night. I think it's stress for the most part but thought I would ask if anyone had any RV hearth problems.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Spa 12 Hour Endurance - RWB fundraiser for Mind mental health charity Sep 30, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Health question... how are your wrists? - Kunos MD Jul 20, 2019
    Suggestions Possibility of pedal, brake and clutch on-screen indicators - Health reasons Oct 13, 2016
    ACC General Discussions Whole Game Image Flipped upside down Today at 1:07 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Trackside camera and chopper camera not showing in replay May 11, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wrong angle on the side mirrors compared to real life Mar 31, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Camera Is Flipped Upside-Down Feb 28, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Changing flag on trackside Zandvoort Oct 19, 2022
    Bug reports Inside car super bright dashboard is eye killing Oct 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Lights in mirror looking ugly (just inside car) Sep 23, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Non-collidable Trackside Objects Sep 6, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality cannot see the rain outside the car in vr Aug 15, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No car shadows on side triple screens? Apr 15, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze while trying to start/run a race (in single player mode) [Sidewinder FFB frequency] Apr 3, 2022

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  4. blueshark747

blueshark747 Gamer

That's why I only fire up thee ole DK2 every now and then.
    Now Iam usually tempted to play Planetside 2 with it everyday...because its so darn amazing

5. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Thanks guys! Like I said, I not convinced this is all VR problem, but now that you bring up the phone, VR at night probably isn't helping.

Would the CV1 or Vive, with their higher refresh rate, be easier on your eye?

6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I think if you have any concerns you should consult a doctor and not the AC forums.
    Even if someone here did have a diagnoses regarding VR the "i have the same issue" honestly applies here, it's likely you don't have the same issue and you should go speak to a doctor who is informed versus uninformed information that may lead you to stress over something that does not relate to you.
    If you're worried call a doctor and make an appointment.

Casper, Dookie, zaratul and 2 others like this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

What Rudski said. Your body already gave you the best advise, stop what you´re doing and get it checked.

8. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I seen a doctor and an optometrist and everything is good. I don't even need glasses, except to read.
    I also seen a chiropractor and he said my muscles on one side of my head were very tense along with a lazy left eye , which he gave me eye exercises to do, which is giving some relief.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Okay, that´s good. Now if I were you, I would give it a long rest, not using VR or close monitor viewing for days/weeks, till it feels much better.

10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Just was a little curious, what/if other people have been experiencing with VR.

11. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Yaeh! You are probably right. Not what I wanted to hear!

12. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Out of curiosity did you mention VR and what were his/her thoughts?

13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I get tired of no more than 1h use of VR. My luck that is what time I want to use driving in sessions, I´m not in for endurance anymore. My eyes definitely gets way more tired than with monitors, I guess it´s a mix of close screens and low resolution that makes your eyes try to focus on something they cannot.
    For what it´s worth, best thing to do is listen to your body. People will react different to it, so you can't use if someone goes to work with his HMD on and says he never gets tired.

14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

They didn't think it was bad but then again, they didn't know about VR.
    The chiropractor said to lay off it for a while.

15. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

The optics in VR headsets means that despite the physical proximity you're not actually looking at something 'close'. Hard to find official specs but think I read for the DK2 the focus distance was about 1.2m, so more than typical monitor distance.

I'm short sighted but can focus on things up to about 20cm away. That's no use for the Vive despite the screens being so near, can't use it without glasses or contacts.

16. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I guess I've been pretty excited about VR since Virtual Boy in the late 80s.

17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

IPD Setting: even 1mm off can cause symptoms for some people. With the DK2, you don't have that option with the new RunTimes.

Taking a break from VR is a good way to see if your issue improves. I was getting headaches the day after VR use but, I wasn't sure if it was from VR or sinus issues so I took a couple weeks off from VR and the headaches stayed for a few days more; since then, I've played in VR a few times without issue. I've also changed my IPD calibration by 1mm and re-adjusted the head-strap for better comfort to reduce any chances of further issues.

Using VR in moderation seems like a good practice to follow in any case.:)

18. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

While I use triple 27" 144Hz setup, I also tried VR twice.
    On both occasions I started suffering from nausea after less than 15'.
    So I dumped the idea of getting on the VR train and will stick to my triples...

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  19. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I've got triple 24 144 hz, which are too small. My question is, can you get them to run 144 hz all together? Mine will only run 144 hz if I'm only using one at a time. When I run them all together I can only run them at 60 hz.

20. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Yes you can, mine were all at 144 when I was on triples

21. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Are you using all DVI?