1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 physics of some cars !!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by billelstar, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

Hello ..
    I must say that the driving and physic in assetto corsa is handsome..but i think that some cars must fixed concerning their physics..for example f40..you cant handle this car even with slow speed..its not the real f40's physic
    There is another cars mclaren s650 gt3..and some others..i dont really had time to test each one but i gave you just an exemple ..

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Physics issue with road cars in AC 1.16.X Oct 29, 2021
    ACC Physics Physics of ACC cars in AC Nov 19, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues Compare Physics of 2 Cars Oct 21, 2019
    ACC Physics More intricate physics modeling on cars? Apr 7, 2019
    Screens & Videos Comparision AC and pCars - Physics overview Jan 1, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues physics difference in cars Oct 8, 2016
    Console Lounge Dlc cars physics Oct 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa: Modelling the cars physics Sep 5, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues GT3 cars physics data May 17, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues How realistic are the physics of the new cars? (dlc2) Oct 9, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Variability in output physics data between cars Sep 7, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres The catcars physics - it would be nice if... May 12, 2015
    3D car models Bmw m3 e36 racecars, physics wip, no 3d model and sound yet Apr 3, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues New physics for gt cars Oct 16, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Gt cars gear ratios and physics Oct 14, 2014

3. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Aaaaaand how many of these cars have you driven in real life to know the physics are "not real"?
    What you're really saying is "these cars don't feel the same as Gran Turismo or Forza, so they can't be accurate!" o_O

jonnyboy_99, RoccoTTS and Fat-Alfie like this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

How do you know its not the real car physics and what do you mean by its hard to drive it even with slow speed? Watch the speedometer and youll probably notice that you drive much quicker than you think.

Matty28 likes this.
  5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I drive AC for over two years now. The F40 isn't an easy car to drive, but it was even worse in the beginning. I think now it's pretty controlable, though it probably never be easy to drive.

The 650S GT3 needs some setup adjustments, after that it's my favorite GT3 along with the 488 GT3.
    My setup changes (I hope the basic setup is the same on console):

tyre pressures 24psi
    rear spring rate 150N/mm (-10), ride height rear 18 (+3), ARB rear 1 (-1)
    rear wing 5 (+1)
    brake balance 70% (+1%)
    diff. power 60% (-5%)

front: bump 1 (+1), fast bump 1 (+1)
    rear: bump 2(-1), rebound 8 (-2), fast rebound 8 (-2)

6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

The F40 is definitely one of the "beasts" in Assetto Corsa and one of my favorites (I have the PC version so take it with a grain of salt). Not sure if in the console version you can adjust camber and toe, but you can add negative camber front and rear and also some toe out at the front and toe in at the rear. I am no setup master but I feel that the car becomes more "gentle" and gives you that bit more time to correct when it gets loose.

The other thing with the F40 is the turbo lag: keep listening to the turbo, you'll hear the whistle of the turbo when it's active and you will realize it is always way after you pressed the gas pedal. When the turbo kicks in the reaction can be violent so always try to anticipate the situation and feather the gas / countersteer until the car is stable, otherwise the rear of the car will jump out in no time. You can save the car from power oversteer but it needs very quick reflexes. Overall it is a car that needs practice, but once you learn its behavior it is a great pleasure to throw around.

Ace Pumpkin and Schnipp like this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Regarding the turbo lag.
    Better keep the car in the lowest gear possible, because the lag is lower with higher rpms and the car is more predictable.

In a higher gear you tend to floor the throttle before the turbo kicks in and when it does, you got loads of torque which is (very) hard to control.

8. Orne

Orne Alien

Here is a Road and Track review of the Ferrari F40 from 1991.. These quotes sum up the car quite nicely. I would argue that the Ford GT40 is even more unhinged than the F40. Mind your right foot, mind the turbo lag and reduce the air pressure in the rear tyres a few clicks. Good luck!

Ferrari F40
    It's the closest you'll ever come to experiencing a nervous breakdown.

Ferrari F40 is the most powerful American-spec production car we've ever tested. It's the quickest to 60 mph (just 4.2 seconds), the quickest through the quarter-mile (12.1 seconds at 122 mph), and the all-out fastest (197-mph top speed). Don't even think about giving it full throttle in first or second gear unless you're pointing straight ahead. Coming out of one 70-mph second-gear bend, the boost came up a little too fast and the tail stepped sideways in a blink. Big adrenaline rush. Okay, that's close enough.

Anyway, here's the most fun thing you can do in an F40: Ease along in first gear at fifteen miles per hour, then squeeze the throttle down to the floor and hang on. Before you can count one-one-thousand, the boost kicks in, the rear tires break loose and the back end fishtails, and the F40 hurtles ahead. You know those in-car camera shots of Alain Prost smoking out of the Ferrari pits after a tire change? You just experienced it. We nominate first-gear blasts in an F40 as the drug of choice for the 1990s. It's certainly expensive enough.

As soon as he got his, Formula 1 driver Nigel Mansell sold it.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/ferrari-f40-archived-instrumented-test-review

9. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

Yeaah maybe the pc's version is not the same with console..
    I know the f40..i saw a lot of documentary on it and i can tell you that the car handle perfectly the road at low and high speed..it's hard to drive but on AC it's impossible to handle the road.you lose control on the first turn..

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

What tyres are you using?

I use semislicks and with those you need to adjust the tyre pressure.
    Stock setup uses 36psi, I run semislicks setup with 27psi.

billelstar likes this.
  11. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

The tyres pressure affect the traction of car,
    I use semislicks..i ´ll try to decrease the pressure tyres..but it's not about traction but stability..

12. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I've used to think this about all sims until I realised "slow speed" was 70mph lol

Ace Pumpkin and billelstar like this.
  13. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

Yeah of course you cant feel the speed but when i tryed the f40 i controlled my self and at 50-70 km/h u can lost control..it's strange

14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Sounds like a driver error of some kind tbh. Can you post a clip of you driving it?

billelstar likes this.
  15. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

I will

16. Either you have a hardware problem where your inputs are not working correctly, or you seriously needs to work on your driving. 70kph, thats just 45mph! There should be no issue driving at that speed, even on the the vintage tyres! At that speed the F40 will drive no differently from any other car in the game really.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

It's not my driving the problem..i can handle any car..i am not a beginer..about a hardware,i dont think so if the problem is only with some cars

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

At least it sounds like something is wrong. I honestly cant imagine someone losing controll with F40 at 50-70km/h except if he is really hard on the throttle and the turbo get the car to lose it.

Ace Pumpkin and billelstar like this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Lol.
    Be patient...
    And watch this:

20. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

That's my wondering !!! And i tryed all kind of driving..no way!! The car is instable and when you lose control u cant even handle it..i cant do a chrono anyway

21. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

Is that on pc or ps4 version

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.