1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sim Racing System

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lino Carreira, May 1, 2016.

1. fabT

fabT Alien

Yes, come on 900+ drivers registered already on SRS.
    You can race GT3, GT4, dallara F3 or MX-5 Cup season.
    Many races a day.

Run your race, score points, track races / standings / fastest laps, enjoy live broadcasts.
    All for free.

Almost quit ordinary MP since i got in SRS ;)
    True.

pika4u, f_deutsch and Ni-MH like this.
  2. So the number of drivers regularly racing on SRS has dropped off since it started?

3. Ni-MH

Ni-MH Gamer

Sadly yes.
    At first there were many players, because of the novelty, being beta (I think it still is) many races failed, so the people left the place.
    Nowadays it improved a lot and you can see really nice fights and clean races.

OliW likes this.
  4. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Last 24 hours:
    48 people racing SRS versus 5,092 people overall AC multiplayer

Last 7 days:
    150 vs. 15,522

It was much higher in the beginning (wasn't it around 200 per day? can't remember...). Too much weak points in my opinion to be convincing.

Edit:
    Last split server needed was also more then two weeks ago.

5. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

so is this a glorified public server system where you jump in and race without getting too much wrecked by idiots
    or is this also suited for leagueracing like f.e. at race2play? where you often know the whole calendar in advance and prepare for the races

6. Ni-MH

Ni-MH Gamer

Scheduled races every hour with track change every week in 4 series (GT3, GT4, MX5, Dallara).
    With record of incidents, rating and leaderboard.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  7. chakko

chakko Alien

What i find a real shame if that you can't view the race session results. Or do i miss something?

8. Ni-MH

Ni-MH Gamer

Of course you can, once you finish a race go to standings in the web.
    There you can access to all the race results of all series, view the fastest laps and the leaderboards: Global, National and for each series.

For example (if you click in that white symbol at the right you can see all lap times):
    [​IMG]

9. chakko

chakko Alien

Argh, i did not see those buttons down there at all... :D Thanks for the heads up.

10. I have no great interest in any of those four options, and to be honest I prefer to race on regular public servers with road car combos, and where people can join during the qualifying session.

eXo likes this.
  11. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

You can join during qualy session, just set the server browser to booking and search for system.

But road cars is not something people seem to want to race online...

colombianomd likes this.
  12. If the current SRS numbers are indicative, then they don't seem to want to drive race cars either....

eXo likes this.
  13. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

I can only think people are lazy and don.t take the time to register, read a regulation of 10 lines and take their time to understand the system. And this could have happened to me also... I could have miss it and I'm here waiting for the next week and next track and good race. Here I've had the best. By far.

14. chakko

chakko Alien

For me, a problem is that the races are run every 4 hours or so. With the official service of iRacing, you can run races every hour in some series, and every 2 hours in slightly less popular series. 4 hours is a pretty big gap for me between races, and then, races are run at problematic times for me too, with the GT3 series. I will try to do some races soon though, the official service of iRacing was very motivating for me, and SRS is pretty close to that system, which is a big plus for me. I did not like Justrace.net, the layout, and race options are confusing, and the races are even less populated.

Gunja likes this.
  15. Gunja

Gunja Alien

I agree with everything posted in this quote and wonted to post the same thing my self.
    Every hour each series would be perfect. I don't know if SRS guys think it would be overkill to do so, or servers (cost) is the issue.
    It might seem like it would thin out already thin grids, but i believe it would do the opposite. You might not see a lot of people in some time slots, but that's ok.
    Another thing that falls to mind if SRS guys don't wont to change the time format, is to have practice only servers that would have P sessions running in gaps between races.
    You could hang there with other guys preparing for the next race instead of waiting for countdown to end. That would also give you a clue how many people to expect for the next race.

Guidofoc and cerebralvortex like this.
  16. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Blaming the users if a project isn't convincing is very easy but not true... There are various aspects why it doesn't succeed.

1. side effects:
    Not important to everyone and many would say "I don't care", but already here it lost some players. It began with the nickname rule, forcing players to race with a different name and bad activation process (slow or sometimes no feedback) instead of a simple regular expression to make nicknames safe for the system with fully automated activation. Data security is also concerning to some people and so registering on a php form software, which is well known for many security holes, instead of a simple login through steam isn't the best idea. And last but not least this server advertising deal makes trusting not easier. Funny page they have talking about "our staff" and "amazing support team" while being a two men show, not delivering an imprint and so on... And people should give their personal and payment data to this "hosting company"? And SRS advertises this? That doesn't show much responsibility to me.

2. the system
    At first there was a bad start because it was more in alpha instead of beta. Then there are still some real senseless points which would have been fixed with small changes, best example is the server splitting making a 24 people grid and a 4 people grid instead of two 14 people grids. And overall putting some things together which are already done every day in the community or delivered better by some people, don't make a system great. In the end the base just a simple web based booking and automated process for generating the entry list and starting the server with some result parsing afterwards. Something you have got in every league around, supported by different tools (simresults.net, speedwise.de, sTracker,...). And all rating splitting is senseless when you don't have something to split, because there are only guys for one server using the system. And a simple incident summary is nothing compared to MR. The clean races some may experience is coming from the fact that it is mainly used by some guys of the forum here.

3. the playerbase:
    AC multiplayer is small (5k players per day) with a small peak window of three hours in the evening where you got more than 500 concurrent players. Therefor you need a very convincing system to encourage people and not this fire and forget method. No it works now so it's finished and no I think this is right for the system so I stays like it is.

4. the competitors:
    Many people who want clean and competitive races are already participating in leagues, which is in my opinion more rewarding than getting points in a list. Then you have also many communities around who are doing close events, which also delivers a very clean experience. Plus the public racing possibilities of big and therefor well administrated communities and/or Minorating secured racing. So why should I wait for a race every four hours, when I can race now?

17. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

All good points. My view, and it is personal and comes from my life constrains now, is that I did not waste 1 minute of my gaming time in SRS. and it is nit that easy to find a good mr server to pick up now. Not with a weekly track rotation at least. As for private championship, I have had many in the past and I know how beautiful is to get involved. But today I could never say.. tonight I have the race. I wish i could. So in the end. Your points are going more in depth for sure. I say there.s srs. Rsr. Mr. Leagues. They are all different things. What I as a user can use is srs rsr mr. And i have had the best races at a lower invested time in srs till now. And track choices are a strong point for srs also.

pika4u likes this.
  18. chakko

chakko Alien

FWIW, a system like this is for me much preferrable to an online league, because i can choose when i want to do a race. In an online league, you're set to race on a fixed date, and you have a problem when you don't have the time then, or simply can't be arsed at that time.

Gunja likes this.
  19. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

The only thing that is needed right now is population.
    You can (very often) have clean races. Even in the middle of the pack. That's it.
    In this aspect, MR is not even near (maybe in AB only), for obvious reasons.

It doesn't have to be your only way to play online.
    Join and tell us.

20. Psit

Psit Alien

Regarding the small participation, i have a suggestion.

Use official content only.

Even vanilla content without the DLC's would be better for some of the races.

demetri, Erwin and Tim Meuris like this.