1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Next Update Request

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BSG70, Sep 30, 2016.

1. BSG70

BSG70 Rookie

V 1.03 update was most welcomed and thanks for adding the virtual steering wheel rotation variables.

Could I ask that you PLEASE look at the following in the next update:

1. The ability to turn off the red opponent indicator arrows;
    2. The ability to turn off the static virtual rear-view mirror on certain cars;
    3. The ability to configure the game-pad controller so the right stick can be used to shift gears up/down;
    4. The vehicle sounds break up and distort when taking certain corners. (This is evident through headphones)

IMO, these fixes will go a long way to increasing the overall SIM based experience of the game.

wabbit likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions when are we getting the next Update ? Setups still broken Jan 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Next update. Apr 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1 week removed from the Next Gen update and.... Mar 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Steering ratio after the next gen update, do you still need to manually change that? Feb 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G923 Button Mapping Issue - Next Gen Update Feb 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions NEW PATCH NOTES UPDATE NEXT WEEK Sep 25, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Any news when the next update will be? Aug 8, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Any predictions for next update ? Oct 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Next Update Jul 3, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Will people still be able to join an ongoing race after the next update? Feb 21, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Next level Racing V3 motion software update Sep 26, 2018
    Console Lounge Things to fix for next consoles update! Mar 2, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Dear Santa Claus - next update PS4 Nov 14, 2017
    Console Lounge Xbox One Update Launching Mid-Next Week Jul 8, 2017
    Console Lounge Kunos.... Will we have in the next update Button mapping ? Apr 30, 2017

3. KillaScheme

KillaScheme Rookie

Update Has Even Been Out For A Whole Day And More On More Request Are Coming

4. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Well there's a surprise, someone wants something else already!, i'm sure they are working on the next one as we speak, keep in mind there are alot of people that want alot of stuff to be included in the tittle, all in good time old chap;)

5. KillaScheme

KillaScheme Rookie

You definitely right about people wanting more To added to the title myself also I would love to see more drift content because they have a big drift fan base wasn't Trynna argue with you just saying they're actually listening to the community why not give them some thanks instead of being greedy

6. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Were you pointing the last part at me or everyone in general?

7. KillaScheme

KillaScheme Rookie

Everyone No Hate Against You Nor Anybody Else Just Stating My Own Point Of View

8. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Ok, no worries dude

9. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Great suggestions, specially the one concerning the sound, which distorts even without headphones. The game is great, but sure there's always room for improvement

pepe60.pp and wabbit like this.
  10. For the sound problem try turning down wind effect in audio settings

11. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Wind effect has been off in my settings, but still I find there's some sort of 'hissing' in the sound of many cars. Thanks for the tip, anyway.

12. Archangel22

Archangel22 Gamer

Make the racing line dynamic and not static, that thing throws you off alot I like driving with the aide, nurburg is tough without it I dont memorise that many corners
    Would love weather effects and day night cylces please
    Fix some auto gears, I play with pad and game is hard as it is for me to focus on manual changes but Ive noticed alot of cars are in wrong gears, sometimes when you break heavy for a corner and come out of it the AI didnt shift down so you accelerate really poorly out of it, hurts your race alot

Those are it for now till I test the new update tomorrow

13. Racer_Z

Racer_Z Gamer

This is my first post on this forum, so first of all greetings everyone.

I would like to thank Kunos and 505 for having brought AC on the console, giving the opportunity to all console players to enjoy this truly amazing simulator. And thanks also for the patch just released and the forthcoming support that will make this game better and better. Your efforts are truly appreciated.

Going to the core of the thread, what I would like to see in the future updates are:

- 1. PERFORMANCE: The last update eliminates tearing and improves FPS. We all hope that Kunos continues to work on performance optimization with the aim of constant 60 FPS and, whenever there will be opportunity, an improvement of visual assets (rear view mirrors / reflections / more opponents on track / etc etc). But again, thank you for the yesterday update which eliminates the huge issues.

- 2. RACE EVENTS: General improvement and tweaking on AI difficulty and behaviour. In many races (especially under the Career Mode), the leading CPU opponents are literally flying away from the group, and then they stop at the pits on the last lap (out of 5).
    This behaviour is totally unrealistic and bugged. Please make the AI more consistent and more balanced. This involves also a general tweaking of AI awareness, and improvements on AI reactions to collisions.

- 3. CAREER MODE: Currently the medals for the Events are awarded only for the 3 first places. In a game like AC, which emphasizes simulation and realism over arcadish approach, this sounds strange.
    I would recommend a more mature approach which will give rewards also for lower standings.
    I understand it might mean re-thinking the whole career arrangement (in terms of medals), but at least is food for thinking.

- 4. CUSTOMIZATION: It would be great if was given the possibility of creating our own offine (and online maybe) races and tournaments, selecting the tracks, the opponent cars, the number of opponents, the points arrangement at the end of each race, penalties, race weekend arrangement (free laps yes/no, qualifying yes/no, etc etc).
    The longevity of the game will benefit from this.

- 5. ONLINE: well, for this part I am not sure if is entirely due to coders, or is a general lack of online players, but I find constantly all servers empty. Sometimes (but is very seldom), I can find a server with 1 or 2 people inside.

The bottom line is that with this wonderful physics model (the main dish of AC), which you made enjoyable even with a pad, it will be really worthy to improve the ''side dishes'' of this menu.

14. Horus

Horus Alien

Never going to happen, it has been clear as day since Early Access that night/rain would never be an option. As for auto gears, I'm sure they could be tuned but you really should use manual shifts as all the cars in AC have a manual gearbox/sequential/paddle, none are automatic. :)

edit: You can always use the shifter to get the right gear even if you are using auto shifter.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  15. Losco86

Losco86 Rookie

Photomode and Showroom please!! :)

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  16. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

Next update must fix The stering wheel Force feedback loose on midle of races...not low FFB is a compleate loose...and this happened to me lots of times after last update...the solution is restart the ps4 but is anoying... (this was a issue in Project Cars but they fix it) now starts happened to AC i hope they fix all drivers for wheels to give us at least nornal race conditions...im tired to restart my ps4 and unable to finish a race! (T300RS Stock pedals and no manual gearbox Th8a ) is not a problem of my wheel because before update was ok... so please test all wheels supported for AC and fix the drivers...not only me have this issues!!!

17. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Wheel/peddal calibration would be be a nice feature to have, for us that use brake mods mainly and also i find some cars especially open wheels or the praga R1 just lock up even with the slightest of brake pressure/distance used the rest of the cars seem to be ok so i'm not to bothered and don't get me wrong i think assetto corsa is the best thing since sliced bread but some obvious/missing features NEED to be added.

18. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Guys , you are asking for the console version to become like pc one.
    Understand that this is not easy. Enjoy the game as it will never change. This is my approach. Feature updates, if any, are considered as gifts.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

clos2727 likes this.
  19. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

I understand, but its hard to enjoy when your having problems with some things.

20. 1. Why would you want that? If anything, the arrows should only change colors to indicate when another car is along side us or not. For example, the arrow will be green when we're past them, and it's safe to change lanes, and it'll go red when they're along side us. That will especially help with racing against AI and effectively work as a Spotter

2. Well since there is a button to look directly behind you, I guess the mirror's could be turned off.

3. What we need is the ability to set Throttle and Brake to the right stick. Not gear shifting.

The right stick literally has 16 times as much control as the triggers from center to the edge. It's crazy to have such an imprecise option for throttle and brake in a sim as the triggers are.

If you hook up your controller to a PC, and use a diagnostic tool, calibration tool, or just iracing, you'll see there's only 16 positions that the game receives from the triggers from release to fully depressed. The right stick on the other hand has 256 from center to any edge. We need that extra precision, and not to waste it on gear shifting LOL

4. Yes, and this DEFINITELY needs to be fixed. It's incredibly annoying IMO. And it's not just when going through corners but also when you look to the left or right.

JungleBoy and Horus like this.
  21. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

1/ Private Lobbies ( customisable by player ) ( with use of AI to make numbers up if needed )

2/ Tyre wear indicator ( HUD )

3/ Red marker toggle on/off ( for personal choice )

4/ Controller mapping

5/ Leaderboards across the game range

6/ Dynamic line ( for those that use it )

7/ Reoccurring AI names ( so as to know your nemesis and add a touch of familiarity to the experience)

Things to consider as the game grows.

1/ Better track roster

2/ SP Championship section/mode with points system.

3/ Favourite cars garage.

4/ Endurance mode in special events ( incorporating a proper pit strategy)

Mikestar, tomt2002 and Mattbeastblood like this.