1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Suggestion...Hillclimb DLC and expansion idea

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rocket75, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Rocket75

Rocket75 Gamer

I would like to see AC do something original, or maybe a mod team, and focus on hillclimb's. I tried the converted Joux Plane (yes I also own RBR had it imported when it was released) but it really opened my eyes on AC and hillclimb's. I think it fits it so well, especially with the road cars. There is SO much variety and fun to be had on these! Want a white knuckle drive, here try the F40 S3 on semi-slicks. Want a different kind? Try the Zonda, amazing !
    I never knew a hillclimb in a sim could be so much fun. Why aren't more doing this? The variety in the hillclimbs are amazing, and let you enjoy a time with you and the car, to get to know each other, and to prove how far it can be pushed. It's such a different challenge, then hot-lapping or even racing online.

And to expand on that, an expansion pack with different Hill-climb's and a few unique hillclimb cars (ex: S4Audi or many other Group cars to mention). And to expand on that, how about a room, that is for Hillclimb's online. Let's say the room only holds 8 people, and it displays the name of the hillclimb before you join (the host could limit what cars etc to make competition closer), when you join you are in line with your car, awaiting your turn. The cars automatically advance (so one can't just wreck into the back of 7 others) as the one in front of you goes active and smokes off the line. While waiting in line, there is a small Pip (picture in picture) window in the upper right, maybe showing a live camera of the action of the other cars going, and as you get 2nd in line, those fade away to let you concentrate. How fun would this be? The cars are staggered maybe 30 seconds apart, and if one wrecks there is a way to reset yourself quickly etc. When you finish, you can go to the pits or go to Back of Line. At the end of the race you get to see your times along with the other 8 in the room. Then you hit race, again are in the back of the line with action to watch to get you ready, and a scoreboard that is showing live times as others complete their run.

The fidelity of these cars on the Hillclimbs I think REALLY makes them come into their own and show their personality (And Kunos AMAZING job on the suspension and fidelity of the suspension etc). I feel the cars so much more here than just banging through the gears going down a straight. Hopefully others and Kunos will show their interest in this.
    I also think it would be huge for fans of the hillclimb, to be able to get AC and run their favorite cars, at their favorite ones. And if laser scanned, imagine how this would help them out? You could almost literally have every turn memorized. I think this could not only be fun for us, but a possible return on investment for AC and get more people interested. Anyone else care to chime in, I've been talking alot lol.

**Can't wait to see what AC brings as it grows, Cheers!!

Snarffu, Dori, barrelbreak and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos First Laps Nordschleife DLC | Virtual Reality | BigScreen Beyond Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Don't see DLC cars in the game Jan 25, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Buy DLC for PS4 today Oct 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC GT 2023 Challenge installation Problem Aug 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to install dlc's on ps5 Aug 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9 update, 2023 DLC hits consoles this month Jun 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting DLC 2023 not installing Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting 2023 DLC not able to be accessed Apr 19, 2023
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.0 update and 2023 GTWC DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC Issues on PS5 that were not an Issue on PS4,,, Can anyone help/answer reach out Dec 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions American DLC - One great track, still must have Nov 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions American and challenger dlc Nov 10, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC - can't install DLC Sep 28, 2022

3. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Hopefully there will be some kind of hillclimb event in AC at the very least...a dedicated track would be incredible. Trento is great, but more of an Italian roads inspired feature...future community DLCs are probably the best hope.

xtremepsionic likes this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Targa Florio?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  5. barrelbreak

barrelbreak Racer

As long as we can go back down.

Akis Kev, Igano, Snarffu and 2 others like this.
  6. plaid

plaid Alien

Im with you.
    Buyed AC for the included tracks and kind of racing and didnt expect anything mod-wise.
    Hotlapping becomed boring rather quick and the AI didnt make the tracks much more exciting.
    Now, after a long absence of rallye-games (CMRR05, Rallyesport Challenge 2) and the sad absence of more tracks like the NS I played JP and had a incredibly blast, without missing other cars to compete.
    In the mod-forum you can see, that there are allready hillclimbtracks in production or ready to be converted.

Anyway, I would add other kinds of tracks, besides hillclimbs, like tarmiac rallye's, and civil roads in landscapes or citys (where you can race too, so wider), no matter if real or fantasy.
    The point is a exciting layout and for some length.
    Besides if you got many different kinds of tracks/racing ther is much variety and more people could choose AC for the variety or special things like hillclimbs or drifting.

I want to mention The Isle of Men, btw.

One person mentioned, that he showed a friend JP and the person buyed it then. And I got much more out of AC then I expected. :)

7. But why to stay on tarmac when there is also much more interesting surfaces like gravel & snow..? ;)

barrelbreak likes this.
  8. plaid

plaid Alien

Would many appreciate, but till the physics for that arrive, IF they do...

Anyway, its less of an better or more interesting then different for me.

Im just happy, if I can stay with one game, less cause the price, but have to deal with one "physic".

Mainpoint, not just circuits, where from the pure feel I dont experience much difference between them, NOS and a little bit Spa aside.
    The sheer pleasure and excitement isnt only the racing-aspect, at least for me. :D

9. alex72

alex72 Alien

Holy crap! A 30 minute long drive? Now that would be sweet. :)

10. EyeAmZ

EyeAmZ Gamer

I would love to see the Pikes Peak Hillclimb in game.

AlienGTR and xtremepsionic like this.
  11. barrelbreak

barrelbreak Racer

Took me closer to 40 minutes last time, my little lotus (power & glory) gave up the ghost right near the end.

12. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm looking forward to Trento and would happily take any hillclimb stages. what I really want is some open roads to drive on, it could be just about any road or even a fictional road but there are some very famous roads that keep popping up in car shows and I'd love to see them added at some stage by someone.

13. alex72

alex72 Alien

Thats fking amazing. Cant wait to get a 30-40 minute track in AC. :) Talk about LOTS to memorize hehe.

So... How long is Trento?

EDIT: 17.300 km. Record of 9.23.19. No 30-40 minutes, but still around 10-15 minutes drive for decent driver i guess. :)

14. <Remik>

<Remik> Hardcore Simmer

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I think the RFactor and GTR Targas are both conversions of an old GPL mod. Maybe someone can update it for AC?

The RFactor version looks pretty good imo, with AC's lighting it'd be spectacular.

Edit.....

The there's the Isle of Man :)

Kristaps likes this.
  16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Awesome :)

He's really going for it, the Bray Hill tank slapper almost has him sat in someone's lounge....

cerebus23 likes this.