1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa welcomes Porsche!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orne

Orne Alien

Some nice in car views of a 1965 Porsche 911

2. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

3. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

SUV is not Porsche? If it weren't for the SUV there is a very, very good chance you wouldn't be seeing any new 911's because the introduction of the Porsche Cayenne saved the company from financial ruin. So, you might have a point saying SUV's don't belong in Assetto Corsa - everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I don't see how anyone can hate the car that saved the brand. Unless you hate the brand, that is. :D

4. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

actually it was the 1st boxter that saved the company :) and than the cayenne

ALB123 likes this.
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

No, it was VW. :p

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  6. lionbest

lionbest Racer

Actually it would've been better if they went bankrupt - the licenses would've been cheaper.

_Fulgore_ likes this.
  7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The Porsche licence and partnership wouldn't happen at all if they had gone bankrupt. o_O

8. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Someone would have bought them, General Motors or Ford.
    If it would have got that bad they could have built a K Car like Chrysler did.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  9. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

It takes a true tool to complain about free stuff. We are already getting some of the most incredible Porsche's ever made, and I bet the ****s who are complaining here probably couldn't handle a Macan Turbo, Panamera Turbo or Cayenne Turbo on the road anyways. They are going to be extremely fast vehicles, I can't wait to drive them. Loved the Levante, the Macan Turbo is going to be even better.

If you hate the vehicles that much, you can literally delete the data folder with the vehicles you don't like. Simple. But complaining about something free, when Porsche literally paid them to put the vehicles in, is just so asinine. It helps Kunos who still hardcore support this game after 3 years. If you are against that you aren't a real fan, and any argument to the contrary is baseless. What's good for the Kunos is good for the fans and consumers.

People are so damn entitled nowadays. Hope the people genuinely complaining have someone mug them and beat their face in with a bat, then maybe they will have a little perspective and learn to be more appreciative.

ALB123 and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  10. lionbest

lionbest Racer

Do we know what Porche cars we'll have? Where can I see that?

11. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

Look through the most recent pages in the social network thread, I think its in chit chat. I'm pretty sure in the first pack we are getting 918, GT3 RS, Moby Dick, 917/30, Porsche 911 Carrera S 2017, Cayman GT4, 3.0 RSR, and then Panamera Turbo as the free car. Might have one or 2 wrong, but that's probably really close at least going off whats been seen.

lionbest likes this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Most of the stuff about Porsche is known by posts and live streams from Stefano and Marco.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/kunosayu
    https://www.facebook.com/marco.massarutto.1

Porsche Pack Vol. 1: Porsche 935/78 "Moby Dick", Porsche Cayman GT4 ClubSport, Porsche 991.2 Carrera S, Porsche 918 Spyder (Weissach Package), Porsche 718 (Boxster S?), Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0, Porsche 917/30 Spyder
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207258551496040&set=a.1238838305045.34354.1651916137
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207301660853747&set=a.1238838305045.34354.1651916137

Porsche Pack Vol. 2: Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder, rest unknown
    https://www.facebook.com/marco.massarutto.1/posts/10207279000247246

Porsche Pack Vol. 3: unknown.

Free Porsches: 2017 Porsche Panamera II Turbo, Porsche Cayenne (Turbo S?), Porsche Macan (Turbo?)

Confirmed other Porsches: 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera Cup, 2015 Porsche 919 hybrid, 2016 Porsche 919 hybrid, Porsche Cayman GT4

https://www.facebook.com/marco.massarutto.1/posts/10207212290259538
    https://www.facebook.com/marco.massarutto.1/posts/10207301665053852?comment_id=10207302945605865

And then there's this for other unconfirmed but very likely Porsches:
    https://www.facebook.com/marco.massarutto.1/posts/10206550367991895

Really though, all what matters to know about for the consumer in the end is what's listed on the Steam store page.

Tacoscent and DaveS78 like this.
  13. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I didn't take this as complaining. I thought they were teasing.

14. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

Darn I was wrong! Was really hoping that Porsche 911 GT3 RS would make the cut in the first pack, but oh well, I'm still extremely happy. Can't wait to drive them all!

15. Is not the 718 boxster in pp1 but cayman 718

Sent using Tapatalk

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

LChaves likes this.
  17. I read that both 718 boxster and the vintage one will be part of pack 2 or 3, not the pack1

Sent using Tapatalk

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I wouldn't be happy about that. 718 Boxster and 718 Cayman are too similar to take up two spots in the DLCs IMHO.

LChaves and ALB123 like this.
  19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I watched the part of Stefanos stream where Marco talked about current and future content again.
    There he clearly says that they're replicating the whole Porsche range and explicitly listed some cars which included both Boxster and Cayman.
    The only unclear thing now is what kind of subversions we get. Like will there be a 911 convertible, a GT2, Targa or whatever. Will there be a 911.1 Carrera S, a Carrera 4 etc.
    Anyway, as far as I understood it now, the 718 Cayman will come with the first pack, the 718 Boxster with the second.

Sure, there are plenty of cars I'd take over either Cayman or Boxster (thus freeing a place) like the Carrera GT, but that's just how things go with deals like this. We'll have to accept it.
    And at least Mogget will be happy. :p

20. Ishigami

Ishigami Racer

I'm kind of baffled that Kunos is not exploiting the deal a bit more marketing wise.
    Porsche was limited to EA for so long I would have expected the one being able to get a special deal to exploit it a bit more in marketing.
    But aside from the “reveal teaser” Kunos basically released nothing so far.
    Some blurry screenshots on a secondary facebook account and some talk in some obscure podcast is hardly noteworthy.
    Sure reading here you get a picture of what to expect but the general audience is probably rather oblivious.

As for the Porsche or no Porsche stuff.
    Currently a lot of people, who probably can’t afford one, complain about the 718 only having 4 cylinders or all but one 911 having turbos.
    Like a lot of people complained when Porsche switched from air cooled to water cooled engines.
    I read quite a few comments (by forum members, not authors) about the new Boxster and Caymen being VW Golf tech on sites like Auto-Motor-Sport or AutoBild.
    I think it’s silly.
    Porsche cut two cylinders from Boxster and Cayman to create a better distinction between the two and the 911. It was a problem for Porsche that a Cayman GTS could rival a Carrera on any track with a price difference of 10 000€ and up while offering virtually the same but an iconic image.
    The turbos are there because customer want more and better performance while the law dictates fleet fuel economy and exhaust values.
    In a few years’ exhaust flap systems will be banned in Germany (you just wait and see). Then people will cry again that there will be no real Porsche anymore… and after that gasoline engine might become obsolete…

Would I buy a Cayenne, Macan or Panamera? No. But I detest any SUV and have no use for a sedan so…
    But I recognise that especially in the market of 50 years an up a lot of people want SUVs because they can enter more easily, have better oversight and “feel” more secure.
    Can’t fault Porsche to want to sell stuff.
    I bought a used 987 Cayman S.

triturbo and Ace Pumpkin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.