1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa welcomes Porsche!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, Assetto Corsa is a niche game. They don't have the marketing budget of a Forza (which had Porsche too and has been directly advertised by Porsche) or Gran Turismo. Major gaming websites have more or less little interest in sim racing titles, that so many non simracing-related websites like Top Gear even looked at it, positively even, isn't a given and is probably due to 505 Games giving out review codes to everybody. Just being in a partnership with Porsche also doesn't mean that your product is suddenly mainstream...
    You're talking about behind-the-scenes stuff for people who follow the development closely, it doesn't matter if they post it on their private facebook and "some obscure podcast". They're indie-devs first and foremost. None of that is solely marketing material. And they're still heavily working on the content - they'll show stuff when it's ready.

2. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Assetto Corsa, niche game?

Those are fighting words.:mad:

But I suppose you're right.:(

It will take time for the general public to understand what AC is really all about.

But when that happens it will be the standard everyone else will be compared to.:)

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I was just saying AC is a niche game because sim racing is a niche genre, especially compared to more arcade-focused games on consoles. For a sim racing game I think AC is pretty successful.

vegaguy 5555 and Felix Gro like this.
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

There will be trailers for sure when it's closer to release. Most who actively play AC probably knows about the incoming Porsches by now, and most will buy it. Going to be one of the most popular DLCs, might top even DP1. Even if they didn't release any videos or hype posts but *wham* put it on Steam page right now. It will most likely appear on console carlist in-game too, like past DLCs. Hard to miss.

And people who are not interested in hardcore sims like AC probably won't suddenly do so, just because it has Porsche now. It's been in NFS for ages, so they see nothing special about it or understand it's value.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  5. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I have absolutely no idea what the Kunos/Porsche licensing agreement is, however, I would be willing to bet that there are some very specific stipulations written into such agreements. "Porsche", "911", "Macan", the Porsche crest, etc. are registered Trademarks. I doubt that Kunos could sell fancy windbreaker jackets with Kunos logo on the front and something like "Porsche is coming - 2016" on the back. Granted, that would probably be the worst looking jacket in the world, but I'm sure you get my point. Again, I could be totally wrong about this. Maybe their license agreement gives Stefano & Marco the right to sleep in half-finished cars on the factory floor if they want. For I am just a simple man. I know not these things. :D

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

7. Deepfriedegg

Deepfriedegg Gamer

1) GT3 Cup is not a GT3 spec Porsche, that is a cup car. GT3 spec model is GT3 R and that one is not among confirmed cars. So there is ZERO GT3 cars as of now in those Porsche packs.
    2) Turbo S being faster on track than GT3 car? Let me laugh hard enough. Turbo S, despite having more power than most GT3 cars and ceramic brakes as opposed to steel brakes on GT3 cars, it wil still have its *** kicked by dedicated GT3 racing cars on any road circuit. Why? Weight, suspension, aero, tires, gearbox. And now I am only talking about one lap. if you tried to take Turbo S to a track and race with it, you would destroy the car's components quite soon, things like suspension or brakes would not be able to last for an entire race. And now lets talk about cooling, shall we? Or, lets stop it and admit that regular road car (any) cannot post faster lap times than dedicated racing GT3 car.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  8. Rolz

Rolz Alien

9. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

You are wrong of course. GT3 cars suck, they purposely make the cars slower so that different manufacturers can compete. Take a Turbo S and put the same soft slick tires on it and the extra weight it has will be neglidgable. It has 100 more hp than most GT3 cars, all wheel drive, pdk gearbox, CC brakes. Not to mention nowhere near as much aero. On a track like spa with many long straights and sweepers, I think the Turbo S would win. Its too fast in a straight line and because of the tires, it has all that extra grip which will counter its extra weight. A turbo S on slicks would be as fast around some tracks as a 918 or faster, and a 918 would crap on those GT3 cars.

Give a great driver time to practice in both cars, and not allow the GT3 car to make a million little adjustments and the Turbo S on race slicks sets a faster lap.

10. Deepfriedegg

Deepfriedegg Gamer

Not sure it is worth it to put some arguments but I will try to:

1) Turbo S is ~400kg heavier than GT3 cars. There goes your HP advantage.
    2) Turbo S, while its top speed is a bit higher than a GT3 car (318km/h vs roughly 305km/h - largely depending on setup), doesnt accelerate as quick as a GT3 car. Gearing and transmission is a lot different. So while having higher top speed, it will almost always go slower because GT3 will get faster to higher speeds. There goes your "fast in a straight line"
    3) Turbo S fitted with an aero kit generates 150kg at 300km/h (which it will never hit on a race track). It is less than a rear wing alone on a GT3 car in a speed that the car is actually going to hit. That means a GT3 car can go faster in all of 19 turns in Spa.
    4) Race suspension and chassis... A GT3 car will shoot out of any turn much faster than a Turbo S. There goes your AWD advantage.
    5) I will repeat myself but a Turbo S is not built to withstand massive loads of a race-long stress. A GT3 car is. You would burn Turbo S down.

I am not saying Turbo S is not a great car but not even race slicks would help it beat GT3 in a race, nor in a single lap. You know what? Take a better track car than Turbo S, an Aventador SV fitted with slick tyres, and try to post a faster lap than in any GT3 car.

Yeah, take Turbo S, make it something different and take a GT3 and make it something different and take it to a specific circuit so that the first different thing can beat the second different thing... That implies that "Turbo S craps on those GT3 cars". Logic 101.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    mESCx, Quertreiber and evil_overlord like this.
  11. BRAN

BRAN Gamer

Let's see what is confirmed from my list (page#14) so far:

918 Spyder (+Weissach Paket likely) DLC #1
    996 (993?) GT
    917 DLC#1
    935 DLC#1

(F1 equivalents in the video)
    maybe 804 / 360 /Porsche McLaren (F1) (?)

Old (very likely)
    718 W-RS Spyder
    550 Spyder
    981 Cayman GT4 /Clubsport DLC #1
    981 Boxster Spyder (likely)
    911 Carrera RS 2.7
    911 Carrera RSR 3.0
    DLC#1
    911 GT3 Cup

New (99.9% we are going to see all of these, but I have my doubts about DIESEL and cabriolet version)
    718 Boxster (S)
    718 Cayman (S) DLC#1
    911 Carrera (S) DLC#1
    911 Carrera 4 (S)
    911 Targa 4 (S)
    911 Turbo (S)
    911 R
    911 GT3 RS 4.0
    Macan (S / GTS / Turbo (Perf. Pack?) FREE
    Panamera (S /Turbo) FREE
    Cayenne (S / GTS / Turbo) FREE

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    triturbo and Rolz like this.
  12. mister dog

mister dog Alien

13. fantomas76

fantomas76 Racer

This is what you can see in the trailer. I just cannot identify the steering wheel/dashboard at 0:25 and if at 1:24 the car is a 956 or a 962C.

- 911 Carrera S (Typ 991.2)
    - steering wheel/dashboard???
    - 911 GT3 RS (Typ 991.1)
    - 718 Boxster S (Typ 982)
    - Cayman GT4 (Typ 981)
    - 918 Spyder (no Weissach Package)
    - 919 Hybrid 2014
    - 935/72
    - 911 Carrera 3.0 RSR
    - 911 GT3 Cup (Typ 991.1)
    - 911 RSR (Typ 991.1)
    - 935/76
    - 917/K
    - 919 Hybrid 2015
    - 936/77 Spyder
    - 911 GT1 Evo '98 (Typ 996)
    - 911 GT3 R (Typ 991.1)
    - 550 RS 1.5
    - 718 RSK Spyder 1.5
    - Auto Union Type C
    - 956 or 962C
    - 911 GT1 '96 (Typ 993)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It's the dashboard of the 962C. Here you can see the preview of it in AC (from the mod that was being built):
    [​IMG]

You mean the Rothmans #1 Porsche?
    I think that's a 956, but I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: Found it. As written by another member it's a Rothmans Porsche at Spa 1000km.
    You can distinguish it by the number 1 on the right. Normally they had it on the left.
    [​IMG]

15. Real life footage of the 956 is actually shown in the trailer. This being said, Kunos certainly paid the 962C's modders to release the same car as official DLC now...
    If the trailer is true to the cars planned, we may see both the 956 and the 962C.

Best regards,
    Brett

16. fantomas76

fantomas76 Racer

Thank you guys, so 962 dashboard at 0:25 and 956 at 1:24. There are 22 different cars in the trailer, but I don't think it's fully representative of what will be available in the game.

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

At first, I thought the same, but the more time passes (and teasers come out), the more I think that it actually is a visualized list of cars that will be included.

Maybe apart from a few mistakes or uncertainties (e.g. I don't think the 911 GT1 '96 will be in) and there is one car (908) that is not in the trailer but was suggested to be included as Marco posted pictures of it when they went to Stuttgart.

18. Flotch

Flotch Rookie

19. mister dog

mister dog Alien

This thread needs some Magnus Walker:

Casper and BBernes like this.
  20. BBernes

BBernes Racer

Hope there is a 944 Turbo in there somewhere, one of the most underrated cars ever made.

Vel, aphidgod, Felix Gro and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.