1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Request for newest update to eliminate stutter during racing

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by myimac, Oct 16, 2016.

1. myimac

myimac Alien

hey guys,

I have raised a ticket with 505 but want to air my thoughts here too.

Currently the Xbox build has serious issues with stutter. During any play: online and offline the game will go into a massive stutter where it appears the screen is updating only once for every 3 frames. This will occur after random periods and will also last for random durations, sometimes 10 seconds and others whole laps.

To resolve it sometimes you can press the guide button and then return back to assetto and the frame rate is perfect again.

Right now I have many other niggles with the console release and all those niggles I can live with, however the stutter is crippling to the gameplay and removes any incentive to play as you never know when the game will slap you in the face with terrible stutter resulting all your previous driving and places being nullified.

I am begging for somebody to fix this.

Btw before anybody asks: I have done all the possible troubleshooting for this. Including the steps recommended by 505.

I am a calm man, this game in its current form has actually had me close to shouting. I just can't believe it's so inferior to the PC version but more than that I can't believe it's unplayable at times.
    This makes me sad

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay A request to the devs regarding AI… May 24, 2023
    General modding discussion search request for 3d modeling Feb 20, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room License request question Sep 15, 2022
    ACC Tools A wish or request for a LFM helper app Aug 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting A request to add windows 8.1 support for ACC Jul 10, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Is a post here sufficient to get the privilege to file a request for support? Jul 8, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Request for DNF value in results file Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Feature Request: Brake Duct adjustment in Pit Stop Nov 27, 2021
    ACC User Interface Feature Request - Notes area Nov 10, 2021
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021
    Console Lounge Request to have VR support in the PS5 next gen patch Aug 5, 2021
    ACC Physics Request: Access to BOP fuel tank capacity data Feb 16, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Control Bindings with Key Combinations [Feature Request] Nov 23, 2020
    Screens & Videos KTM-Imola [Hotalp review request] Nov 11, 2020
    General modding discussion Request for conversion Virtua LM GTPC Mod Sep 29, 2020

3. myimac

myimac Alien

I've decided I'll add a post for every instance I encounter:

1-
    Spa online- 10 minutes left in qualifying.

Unable to do a qualifying lap as judder occurred every time I tried to complete my outlap and hot lap.

Occurred mostly when people joined (why should we have to hate people coming to lay) but also occurred without people joining

Exup likes this.
  4. myimac

myimac Alien

2- Spa quit race after ruining car due to judder lasting for about 30 seconds

5. myimac

myimac Alien

3- Xbox in offline mode
    Imola - 5 lap race

3rd lap in massive judder for 4 corners makes me crash

6. myimac

myimac Alien

Note... these three occasions above I did not do any other races that actually worked fully

7. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

Sorry missed something you said and deleted my post.... good luck - hope you find a way to fix it:)

8. myimac

myimac Alien

4-career

Judder whilst getting notification about achievement completing first lap of time attack. Almost crashed but saved it whilst judder happened mid corner.

Lasted about 3 seconds but mid corner

9. myimac

myimac Alien

5 - online - green hell

3 of us driving round tourist track doing our first lap together... get to 4 corners from the end of the lap and I wreck out. 40 seconds of stutter. Rage quit from annoyance of wrecking getting a nice lap with 2 other ferraris

10. ashasha

ashasha Rookie

I haven't had any issues with stuttering in AC, but have had it in other games before and I called Microsoft who gave me a list of things to do to fix it. Not sure if you tried these, but here are the steps that fixed my problem.

1. Clear the cache. This is under the blu-ray section in options.
    • Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-Ray
    • In the BLU-RAY section select "Persistent Storage
    • Select "Clear persistent storage"
    2. Remove the alternate MAC Address
    • Go to Settings > Network Settings
    • Select "Delete Alternate MAC address"
    3. Reboot

A few other things that help me:

1. Put all of my games on an external USB3.0 drive (not sure if this really helps, but it seems like it does)

2. Disable instant on and automatic updates.

3. Every time that I finish a game and return to the dashboard I hit the start button which brings up a menu and I exit the game from there.

Steven Watson likes this.
  11. myimac

myimac Alien

Tried all these

12. ashasha

ashasha Rookie

Sorry to hear that, I was hoping that it would help.

myimac likes this.
  13. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

OK, I seem to have fixed this with a COMBINATION of things. There does not seem to be one magic switch that solves it but in my case this seems to have worked for now:

1) Install the game on an external USB3 hard drive (old Project Cars trick - works a treat)
    2) Clear caches by hard resetting the XBox one. Do this by keeping your finger on the CONSOLE X button/light for 15 seconds until the machine audibly shuts down. UNPLUG the power lead from the console until the light on the brick PSU goes off. Reboot the Xbox. Do this EVERY TIME after updating AC or downloading some new dlc.
    3) Ensure the Xbox is in Power Saving mode, not Instant On mode (or whatever they call it).
    4) Disable game DVR recording. Without a decent camera / photo mode it's wasted on AC anyway.
    5) Ensure nothing is downloading / updating in the background. Microsoft's servers are horrendously slow at the moment. I'm getting 39Mbs download everywhere else, but only around 4Mbs maximum on the MS downloads server. It can't be helping.
    6) Assign the Xbox a static IP and ensure the NAT is open.

14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

We have put our Xbox in Dmz mode as well as static ip. Seems to make pCars run more smoothly. Less disconnects, and conections to one another on multiplayer is better.

15. myimac

myimac Alien

6- online race Tatuus

During race and at end of qualifying. Massive stutter.

Please note: I have done all of the above except for install on external USB drive. This step should not be necessary to ensure smooth running.

16. myimac

myimac Alien

7- Exos online race.

Rammed up the back. After this massive judder. I kept control of getting bashed but the subsequent stutter lasted for 20 seconds by which time two cars stacked behind me due to my erratic driving down to not being able to tell where I was going.

Rage quit

17. myimac

myimac Alien

Quick survey... who has a Kinect? I have one and I'm wondering whether that is pulling resources sometimes. Bear in mind that the Kinect is within specification so it should be working with it but just curious.

18. ashasha

ashasha Rookie

No Kinect.

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Quick survey... srry m8:)
    Is this, you are experiencing, only due to console, or did you encounter the same problems with your PC version?

20. myimac

myimac Alien

Only on console. PC is great!

21. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, I'm not shure if this console thing ever should have happened...
    But, that it is out now, Kunos should do everything they can to make this sim work on console.
    Whatever that implements...