1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ignored Forum members' posts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gevatter, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

For a few weeks now I have started using the Ignore function for certain members of this forum. The thing with how the forum software handles posts from ignored users is, that there is no idication that ignored members posted in a thread, so reading the whole thing through gets a bit confusing from time to time.

My suggestion, if technically possible, would be to handle it like the rFactor 2 Forum does. They still show you THAT the user posted something, but you don't see WHAT they posted. You can also choose to unignore single posts, instead of whole threads.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Open season championship pit window duration ignored Nov 28, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Server 1.6.0: new cars code is ignored in result.json Nov 18, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Ambient Temperature setting being ignored Sep 24, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer 0.7 My car in MP seemed to be ignored Apr 5, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds server plugin ignored suspicious message Dec 13, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Mouse clicks ignored on replay screen Mar 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Start problem ignored Dec 12, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues \vallelunga-club setup folder ignored Jun 18, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Controller settings are ignored for me Feb 12, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues 0.22.9 360 controller recognized but ignored in game Sep 2, 2014
    Chit Chat Room BHMS website and forum Mar 5, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Where Are the AC forums? I don't have Competizione. Apr 13, 2023
    Chit Chat Room CSP forum? Dec 15, 2022
    Chit Chat Room New Member - How can I post in the support forum? Mar 31, 2022
    Chit Chat Room There should be a FAQ about how to get privileges for posting in the forums that one want Mar 20, 2022

3. Oliver Coats

Oliver Coats Rookie

Hi Gevatter,

I'm guessing you know about the little indication at the bottom of the page, which signals if there is some ignored content (it's a clicky 'Show Ignored Content' link), but just mentioning it incase you don't.

Personally, I'm fine with never ever reading a single word from users in my ignore list ever again, or indeed even seeing evidence that they still exist, and I don't ever click to show what they've posted. A little confusion while reading through threads is a small price to pay. :p

Horus likes this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

If it was just a little confusion, it would be fine.
    But as of now, you need to show all the ignored content, to keep track of a thread. Or simply be lost.

LeDude83 and Gevatter like this.
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I know about this, yes, but thanks :) The problem is, it brings up all ignored posts and their contents. I'd rather only see the post without content, so I know what people are on about when reacting to a post I don't normally see.

6. esox71

esox71 Alien

Hmmm.....Why don't you unblock and just scroll by them....simples;)

Horus likes this.
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

It's like a horror movie late at night. You know you shouldn't watch it, because you will be too scared to sleep well, but you do it anyways? That's those posts for me, I just can't look away, and it hurts my brain.

NightEye and LeDude83 like this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hahaha it's called "Tote-Katze-Prinzip"...dead cat principle :) It's not nice to look at but you still can't help it :p

Honestly, I love the ignore function and for me it's fine the way it is. If I see a thread with no obvious sense in it due to hidden posts I just move on. I barely ever open ignored posts, anymore.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

Ignore is great if you just want out for a bit. I usually give it a week then clear the ignore list. Sometimes people have bad days and after the 'Chillout' time most seem to be better people and have some good ideas.

esox71 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Nah...some don't. I do it the other way around - lots of patience in the beginning but if someone repeatedly gets on my nerves they're out for good. If a troll says something useful in every 10th post well that's just too bad for me then, I guess ;-)

Horus and Gevatter like this.
  11. Horus

Horus Alien

How come I'm not in that list Dude! Not good enough, not good enough at all!!!!

[​IMG]

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Wow, you seem to ignore a lot of people, if that's an issue for you. :(

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

We try hard, but he seems to like us...
    :D

Horus likes this.
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Not at all, it's a mere 10 people on my list, 4 of those I think are not even here anymore. But it's not about how often that happens, but that it's confung when it happens.

15. alex72

alex72 Alien

I never ignore by button. If i see the avatar of someone i dont care for i just dont read it. I dont have anyone i ignore atm but yeah, thats how i do it. I wont die if i see some words from someone i dont care about. Maybe im just not sensitive to it. :)

kofotsjanne, Horus and esox71 like this.