1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Best nvidia drivers for win7?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mathieu Labbé, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Hey guys,

I recently rolled back to windows 7 from windows 10 because I had problems each and every time there was an update (boot stuck at those pretty little dots spinning and the infamous black screen with no cursor). I installed the latest nvidia drivers (373.06) and its now very stuttery and I've also witnessed some artifacts here and there (970 stock clock). I had no stutters at all on win10 (nor on my previous window 7 install) but now I've got some pretty bad stutters that can freeze the game for about 1 sec sometimes...

I'm curious to know if some of you have found a drivers version which was best for AC running on Windows 7 64?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia driver (best branch for ac) Oct 7, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Best nvidia gpu driver? Jan 28, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Best version of Sebring Jan 6, 2024
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    General modding discussion Whats the best way to use mods for AC ? Feb 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Best way to setup reverse grid-second races offline? Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Best settings for Nitro 5 with I7 11800H, RTX 3060 and 16 GB of Ram Jun 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Best Lap Problem Apr 18, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Dlss 2.3.9 is the best experience so far [Not recommended] Apr 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC G923 PS5 Best settings Force Feedback??? Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple BestSetting VR for G2 3080ti 90fps Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo Incorrect Lap shown as Best Lap on Q Dash Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality About pull the pin - latest thoughts on best VR headset for ACC? Nov 5, 2021

3. André57

André57 Racer

Hi Mathieu,

I have update my driver recently, version number is 375.57, everything seems good so far . My rig is a lot weaker than your's so I always have to tweak for getting a stable performance. There is many post here on that matter. Also i subcribe to Nvidia GeForce Experience to stay up to date with driver and keep my games optimised. Hope this can help.

Sorry for my bad English, i'm french canadian:)

4. jarqus

jarqus Racer

vegaguy 5555 and Horus like this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 caused more issues than I would care to go through. It was a terrible implementation from Microsoft. You really should install Win10 from a USB or Disk, I have installed it many times on laptops and PC's and the upgrade has only worked once, but caused issues from the get go. Installation from external media worked much better and did not cause any problems that could not be repaired/resolved.

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I re-installed win7 from scratch last week.. Install went perfectly until it was time to ypdate windows... Oh the pain!

Windows had released an update for windows update, and nothing would update until you installed the latest version of windows update.. Once windows update was up to date only then did it start to update win7... After 2 days of manually installing all the updates it wouldnt update i finally managed to get something which works!

As for your question about nvidia.. I just banged the latest ones in.

vegaguy 5555 and Horus like this.
  7. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

always use ddu uninstaller from wagnard, its in safe mode to uninstall drivers/software from ati and nvidia,

reboot and do a clean install....at the moment im running 372.70 and no issues in windows 7 or 10.....

i never install thoose 3d vision stuff, and geforce expercience, because its crapware ..... cause more issues than you think

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Yea, dont bother with geforce exp or the 3d vision crap.

9. Mathieu Labbé

When I say rollback I dont mean I used the auto update/rollback tool, I did fresh install every time. Windows 10 doesnt like my system at all, but I'm definitely going windows 10 when I change PC. As for nvidia stuff, I never install geforce experience, 3d stuff or anything else, just the drivers. And always uninstall, then run DDU in safe mode and then install new drivers.

But now with a windows 7 fresh install, the stuttering is annoying as hell, especially considering I did not have stuttering for maybe a year and a half... I'm also getting very different reading in the stats app, CPU usage being lower and PHY_LATE growing very quickly (but I dont worry too much about that). On windows 10 since AC 1.8 I had pretty much always sub 80% CPU usage but now its always around 70%. And in the graph, the blue and red line are a little higher than they used to be, but they are pretty much flat, not too much pikes.

So there I am, I guess I'll have to try different nvidia drivers version and find one that suits my system needs. I'm pretty much pissed at windows because it took me a weekend to sort everything out, and I'm back with a stuttery system. Oh last question, could installing AC from a steam backup from maybe 2-3 months ago cause any problems?

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I'm still running 358.5 on my gtx650, on Win 7/64, and I'm happy, well as happy as one could be with that card.

Unless there is a driver update from Nvidia specific for AC, I'm not going to update.

FAST

paulieGTR and Mathieu Labbé like this.
  11. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

FYI, one of these two updates: KB3050265, KB3102810 solved that issue for me in the recent past.

Octane likes this.
  12. jarqus

jarqus Racer

Are you using vsync or fps limiter?

If I use fps limiter no matter what fps it. Will stutter.

A fresh install of AC couldn't harm at this point.

13. Mathieu Labbé

No vsync and fps capped at 144 since I use 144hz monitors. That same config worked like a charm before, I guess like you said it would harm to just redownload AC completely if I cant find any drivers that solve the issue.

14. jarqus

jarqus Racer

So what happens if you remove the fps Cap

Mathieu Labbé likes this.
  15. André57

André57 Racer

Well, I must add now, that since I read some of the previous post, I decided to make some change ... just to see. So I get rid of GeForce Exp. and everything that goes along including the installed driver. It appears that Windows decided by itself to install driver 373.06 after the final reboot following all those uninstalls. Prior to proceed I have performed a benchmark and a couple of laps on a well none track with a car that I also known very well. When I restart AC I did another benchmark that shows better performances than the previous one:). Later on I go back to Imola whith the same car and I was pleased to almost break my own record:eek:. In additional note I must say that I was trying to get close to that timing for a while without succes.

Conclusion: I had lost myself in vain atemps to upgrade my rig performance, returning to the basics was the best thing to do. As usual the best solution remain in simplicity, but sometime simplicity is the most difficult thing to acheived.

Thanks all to have stimulated my curiosity and give me the opprotunity to finaly realy improve the performances of my system.
    Sincerly
    André

Mathieu Labbé likes this.
  16. Mathieu Labbé

Good question, I'll have to try that. It was better with capped fps before but its worth a try anyway. I just raced at Nurb today and it was way smoother than yesterday at brands... But CPU usage was around 50%, weird. FPS are still good thought, there or there abouts. More investigation needed I guess.

17. Mathieu Labbé

Turns out the problem is the same without a fps cap. I took some screenshot at ahvenisto F3 60s with 20 AI. Its actually worst with AI and I often have a 99% CPU occupancy warning (tested on BrunUK Donington also). I just realized that in the screens, the PHY_LATE counter is way high, thats after around 20 minutes of driving... I never had these problems before, always butter smooth. Notice how the blue line is very high when driving, although online its not that high, and the stutter is not that great but its still there from time to time.

When driving:
    [​IMG]

In replay:

[​IMG]

18. Alexandr66

Alexandr66 Hardcore Simmer

On my MSI 750 GTX Ti - Driver 361.43 for quetly long period.
    Nothing doubt me now relative this.
    GeForce experience - last version (better and faster) - as mentioned already there and not only, without specific tasks, good to off it or uninstall, at all

19. jarqus

jarqus Racer

You have cpu thread prioritisation on auto (-1) ?

Also try (it helped me) placing the Acs.exe in (trying to remember) set affinity to above normal or I have mine on high and has helped alot

20. Mathieu Labbé

Yes its at -1 in the ini file. Not sure what you mean by 'placing the Acs.exe in (trying to remember) set affinity to above normal' though. I just tried a fresh install of 359.00 drivers last night, with the exact same behaviour in AC. I think its time for a fresh install of AC... Bye bye bandwidth saving steam backup :(

21. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

When i was on win7 64u, i found these to be probably the best drivers i had installed.
    I had tried later drivers, but 358.xx were better than the others with all round better performance in all games/sims. :)

If i were ever to go back to win7, 358.xx would be the one i install, no questions asked.

It's worth to note, i only installed the basic gpu, physx and hd audio from that package.
    The 3d vision, gforce exp. and the rest of the bloatware was never allowed on my system.
    Also... DDU was used in safe mode to uninstall/install.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016