1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche 911 carrera s on sport auto video - can anybody beat that guy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Błażej, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Błażej

Błażej Racer

According to rsr live timing It seems that the answer is no. At least for now. Surprising. Yeah, the guy is handy behind the wheel but so are the aliens :) And this guy doesnt have unlimited amount of laps to set the record and his mistake may cost him a lot. Still he is 6s faster then anybody in assetto. There is also a similar video with 718 cayman s. Different gearbox but more less the same story.
    It looks like in ac carrera s about as fast as m4 or maybe only marginally faster. As we know the gap irl is huge. Even 991.1 carrera in non-s guise was faster then m4...
    I remember aliens setting times noticeably faster then guys irl. Which is to be expected. Remember that video of zonda r doing 6:47 on nordschleife? Incredible achivement, huge news for the car world. Yet at times, in faster sections it seemes like the driver wasnt pushing that hard. He was probably a bit scared or maybe just reasonable. Like the most of guys even those who achive the most amazing times. So I doubt if they can be faster then chaps in front of monitors with hours to spare. Yet they are.
    Could it be that carrera s in ac is just too slow? Or maybe tyre model 10 is not balanced correctly for road cars?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Driver Animation Porsche 911 Gt3 2023 Apr 20, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Porsche 911 Time Attack Jul 31, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Tail lights Porsche - 911 RSR 3.0 May 19, 2022
    ACC Physics Max Fuel in Shared Memory is Wrong for Porsche 911 GT3 @ Spa Franchorchamps May 10, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] IER Porsche 911 - Sprint Series | Fridays Feb 10, 2022
    Screens & Videos Classic Cars Trackday at Feldbergring | Realistic Graphics | Porsche 911 RS 2.7 1973 Aug 12, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ASSETTO CORSA | PORSCHE 911 RSR | CONTROLLER VS STEERING WHEEL May 26, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues No force feedback on Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Mar 7, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Some good setups for Porsche 911 on Silverstone (Race) 3 hours Feb 24, 2021
    ACC Physics all AI Porsche 911 GT3 wobble in the offline race [Logitech G-Hub interfering with AI controller] Jan 10, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Porsche 911 GT3 Cup League? Nov 15, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 not loading on any track Oct 31, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheels Porsche 911 GT3 R Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Porsche 911 GT3R II cockpit indicators bugged. Jun 18, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Porsche 911 GT3R II - Left - Right indicator in cockpit wrong. Jun 10, 2020

3. D1visor and Błażej like this.
  4. detoit

detoit Racer

I started a thread above - but I really believe the 991s is inaccurately slow. I've got the c7 vette on three tracks running almost 2 seconds faster. The AI against itself is showing 3 difference between the Porsche and the Chevy. The m4 is actually a tad faster but certainly gets more power down sooner.

Someone pointed out this isn't true on all tracks. But I'd like to play multiplayer (I've got a decent server) against anyone who disagrees on mugello, imola, or donnington. I do not mind being wrong, I'm just not seeing it, nor are the other two experienced drivers I'm playing with.

Sadly I think there is some Porsche magic that hasn't made it to the virtual car. Still by far the best implementation of a modern 911 in any sim.

5. Orne

Orne Alien

Be interesting to see how this all plays out once the C7 and other road cars are on tyre model 10.

Błażej, LeDude83 and detoit like this.

6. My attempt. Definitely not an easy task and as you would expect, failed miserably. :)

Time: 7.43.4

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@OP did you check the Sport Auto issue? This test run is part of the super test and that also includes dyno figures. Would be interesting to see what power that specific car delivers.

er540 likes this.
  8. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Here is the dyno chart from that issue, had it around by chance. Hope it´s okay to post this here.

Attached Files:

9. Błażej

Błażej Racer

Oh, that is brilliant. Impressive time nontheless. My times are quite miserable for now. I guess I really have to learn how to drive it. I dont mind practicing because I really enjoy this car. It may be my favourite road car in ac. What is your time in 918 if you dont mind me asking?

10. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Is that really stock car though?

You can never trust these press cars.

How is it so stable compared to AC one?

Rosko likes this.
  11. Błażej

Błażej Racer

I think porsche is quite fair in that respect. Not like a certain italian manufacturer... :) I find this car quite stable actually, even a bit understeery. But like I mentioned I dont think I drive it correctly. What I found about cars with 4ws (r34, 918) in assetto is that they really reward smooth driving (at least with me behind the wheel) :)

mister dog and LeDude83 like this.
  12. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Yeah but its not even close to the real life video from above. Under steer is there and zero wheel correction.

I just did 2 tries and could barely manage 7:46ish.

Did side by side comparison with real video and all the time loss is in corners.

Once you start pushing the AC version it just starts misbehaving. Starts to snap without warning.

If alien does 7:34 in AC I will be blown away.

13. Cyber-Shot

Cyber-Shot Gamer

Managed to beat current RSR record. Did 7:40.9 .Wasn't too hard, but don't think i can improve a lot atm, Maybe few seconds max. Don't see me doing 7:34, maybe some alien could, not too sure though.

14. snyperal, Błażej and Quffy like this.
  15. I like Carrera S too but I don't think it's the perfect match with Nordschleife. Actually I don't enjoy driving it at the ring at all.

I tried 918 when the DLC were just released but it felt really strange under braking. Haven't driven it ever since. Brake-steer-system felt more like a brake-understeer to me.

Błażej and detoit like this.
  16. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Yeah, now compare the virtual and real car (doesn't even look like they're the same car). Porsche is a rear engine, superbly balanced 420hp traction monster as you can see in the video, the one in game oversteers so easily you think the rear tyres are made out of plastic as well as understeers entering corners. Car is not right and needs to be checked and fixed, and if it's not the car, then it's the tyres.

17. I agree. I mean, AC in general feels a bit off for me, but at least most cars kinda drive like they "should". The Carrera S tho, wtf. It makes no sense. Does it have rear wheel steering ? Im thinking something might be seriously messed up with it.

Dessu, detoit and D1visor like this.
  18. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Supposedly someone asked Andreas Preuninger (The guy responsible for Porsche's latest greatest offerings, like gt3rs and whatnot), why the rear wheel steering? He said "car felt like a truck without it", which is funny to hear about a Porsche.

19. Maybe is they'd go on a diet and not have such ridiculous front to rear tyre width ratio they'd handle better haha.

mistery and D1visor like this.
  20. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Could it be like the Huayra situation where they needed the algorithms for the flaps?

From the Porsche Carrera S http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-carrera-s/chassis and 718 Cayman S http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/718/718-cayman-s/chassis/

(text copied actually from the standard Cayman model, as it explains better the PSM then in the other webpages, but check the links above and read the systems from each car)
    Porsche Stability Management (PSM) is fitted as standard. This system automatically maintains stability and traction even at the limits of dynamic driving performance. Sensors continuously monitor the direction, speed, yaw velocity and lateral acceleration of the car. Using this information, PSM is able to calculate the actual direction of travel at any given moment. If the car begins to oversteer or understeer, PSM applies selective braking on individual wheels in order to restore stability. - PSM is able to calculate the actual direction of travel at any given moment and initiates strategic braking of individual wheels to prevent you from deviating from your intended line.

What I notice when I drive the Carrera S in game is that when turning at medium or high speed, the outside rear likes to slip and oversteers the car. Perhaps having PSM in game will be like drivers from real life report the carrera s and the other modern porsche models to be well behaved. But in game it feels like these electronic systems aren't enabled, so you're gonna experience the car more freely and more risky, while in real life they don't turn off these safety and handling features. Therefore all drive tests in real life from these particular cars will be different to the game.

Michael Springer likes this.
  21. D1visor

D1visor Alien

"The problem is the location of that engine. Putting it behind the rear wheels is as wrong as trying to invade Russia when you haven’t closed down the Western Front. It can’t work and it looks like belligerence to endlessly try to overcome the inherent problem rather than simply giving up and starting again.

Yes, putting the engine at the rear means you have more weight over the back wheels so off the line, when the tail of a car squats, that means more grip, less wheelspin and quicker acceleration. Lovely. You will arrive at the corner in front of your adversary… but then what? You will turn the wheel, there will be no weight over the front wheels, you will understeer, and if you lift off to correct that, the nose will pitch down, the rear tyres will lose grip and any attempt to correct the resultant slide will be pointless because the engine’s in the back acting like a giant pendulum.

If you see a corner coming up in an early 911, the best thing you can do is follow these two steps:

1) Undo your seat belt

2) Get in the back

I don’t remember what sort of 911 I drove first, but I’d heard so many horror stories about the wayward handling that I didn’t dare go more than 4 mph. Which meant I had more time to examine the ridiculously basic dashboard, and the heater controls which appeared to be connected to nothing at all." - Jeremy Clarkson, 2010

simbicort, chakko and snyperal like this.