1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Best nvidia drivers for win7?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mathieu Labbé, Oct 24, 2016.

1. S.Cargo

S.Cargo Rookie

"Double thinking" about it, it might be with MSI Afterburner rather than Nvidia...
    Sorry about not being very sure:oops: Will try to check later

2. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Nice checklist :)

Tried alone on track with fps capped at 100 (running at 100hz) and it was butter smooth. It really seems to be the CPU that cant handle high load, but why was it not an issue before? Thats what I'm trying to solve :)

3. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

I am not sure about this option in nvidia control panel, maybe he meant nvidia inspector? I was trying to set them during last weekend by nvidia inspector. For me, it doesnt work.

4. Mathieu Labbé

Oh come on :D I was not having any problems running that exact same config before the windows reinstall so, 144hz(or maybe 120, even 100) it will be :D

5. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

Yea but earlier u havent got stutters even ur fps was lower than 100 with vsync off. Now u got, so to get good video performance with vsync on u have to know ur highest stable amount of fps. So test it and let me know.

6. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

And to clear it up, I DONT KNOW WHY with vsync off and more than 120 fps (and 140 hz monitor) i got goddamn stutters or other s***.

U can write to Kunos about that, but right now, what we are trying to do, is to make ur game enjoyable again.

7. btw - OC'ing by msi afterburner was always causing microstuttering on my rigs ;)

8. S.Cargo

S.Cargo Rookie

You're right. I use Afterburner for that.

9. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

I read somewhere that 375.70 drivers are bad. Some guy had a problem with fan control (1070 / 1080 card), after rollback to 373.06 problem disappeared. Just a little warning...

10. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

true by that driver, but mostly for windows 10 users, i had it running for few days with that driver, constant freezes.....went back to 0.6, freezes are gone, only dying light doesnt like that driver....

Vibe Style likes this.
  11. Jebus

Jebus Alien

This will give you a lot less headache next time: http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB3125574

Incase you didn't know about it.

12. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

BTW guys, what are your opinions about stuff like MSI afterburner? I mean, do u use it, for example for fps cap?

13. For me using any of it make a little microstuttering. That's why I have OC'ed CPU and default clocks on my GTX970

14. jarqus

jarqus Racer

Does it do it straight away or after some play time.

Also there is a thread, can't find it atm on here. Where they found windows was starting things in the background.
    So had to download a ms cpu tracker thingy Bob dovie-wacky or something to find what the cpu was loading sort of thing.

(Yes dovie-wacky is an actual technical term)

15. Mathieu Labbé

It does it straight from the get go. I messed around with a few settings lately:

1. the new refresh setting in the video.ini - Didnt help
    2. FPS_CAP_MS - didnt help (But I have to fiddle with this at some point to eliminate bad screen tearing...)
    3. Turning all apps off (both within a session or by unchecking it in the options menu) - Didnt help
    One thing I noticed that helped a lot though, was... to alt-tab out and in the game :/ I did that to check disk usage while AC was running and while I was usually getting bad stutters in turn 1 at magione with 9 AI (with steady 120fps), after alt tabbing it was not stuttering anymore! It still doesn't feel as fluid as before but thats a huge improvement. Although I'd very much like not to have to do this all the time...

One other thing too, I noticed even though my FPS are capped at 120, I see that they drop to 119.99x for a second or so and get back to 120. That happens randomly, but every 5 or 10 seconds approximately. Is this normal? It seems that the lines of the render app are fluctuating a little when that happens.

edit: Just did a test with a full field of cayman S (23AI) at Barcelona Moto and had the same behavior. 99% CPU occupancy sitting on the grid (and pretty much all the time there), with big slowdowns through the first lap. I quitted and launch the same session, alt-tabbed out and in and started the race. Still the same 99% Cpu on the grid and throughout the lap, but no slowdowns whatsoever... I guess I'm at the point of opening a support thread.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  16. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

not sure if it was in the thread off you but did you checked your vram usage: triples at 144hz and a limited vram card 970gtx.... i hardly maintain a steady frame and i just use a single 27 inch on 144hz @ 2k reso , our pc is samewise, and i can't do a race with 24 ai on spa.... even its smooth i notice that my cpu is being kicked *** by all the stuff thats happening, and thoose drops i have that to, like i mentioned earlier allready :) only wind 10 is more stable than win 7 , i did that test a week ago for you :)

dont forget gtx970 is 3.5 gb vram.... not sure how much a triple setup raise the vram ingame..... you can check with afterburner, and jaja it cause maybe some stutter, but this you have allready a little, its just testing

is your overclock stable ? did you did a prime test for 24 hours? its not because your pc work for a few hours that it means everything is ok........overclocks cause more issues than you can imagine :)

regards

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016