1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Thank You Stefano for Coding VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Nov 11, 2016.

1. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I would guess there are a lot of people to thank for the improved and continuing improvements to VR but without your coding a few months ago we wouldn't have this beautiful experience in VR today. For me AC is still the best VR experience. Without AC I probably wouldn't know about Oculus Rift or any VR.
    You had squeezed in time somehow at a very busy stage of counsel and Porsche release, counsel even being pushed back at the time. I could only imagine your day to day life then.

Thank you Stefano.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Thank You Luca And Stefano For Sound Update Dec 3, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to get Xbox server to work ( no thanks to GPortal ) Jul 8, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Thanks Apr 19, 2021
    ACC User Interface THANK YOU for adding the option to read tire pressures from setup for the pit strategies! Aug 6, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Thanks to Kunos and Steam. [pricing grievance - publisher issue] Jul 29, 2020
    Console Lounge Thanks Kunos Jul 1, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Thank you for this fair racing experience. Jun 28, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Say 'thanks' by nominating ACC for Steam Awards Nov 26, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Thank you Kunos! Let us show you some love and allow us pre order IGT DLC Nov 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Thank you community Nov 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Just a plain old thank you Jul 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Thanks, Kunos Jul 1, 2019
    ACC Physics Tyre deformation. Thanks Kunos! Jun 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Thank you Kunos for better telemetry handling off track Apr 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Thanksgiving post Mar 25, 2019

3. Psit

Psit Alien

Thank you Stefano, it is really appreciated to be able to drive in VR :)

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Same. Without AC being able to run VR, I wouldn´t VR at all. Tried numerous demos and VR games, AC is the only reason I´ve kept my CV1. And no, I did not vote for VR as 'dev for a day' :p

Bellissimo!

5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yep - I said it before but, I'll gladly say it again; Grazie Stefano! :)

Rift Racer and Seria17hri11er like this.
  6. pavano

pavano Simracer

yes, AC's VR is great!
    Thanks Lord Kunos

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. BBernes

BBernes Racer

I will sign this, looks great in VR, good work.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  8. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

+1 Said it before (many times more than likely), but i'll jump on this.

Dean Ogurek and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  9. aliasgreg

aliasgreg Gamer

Indeed thanks a lot Stefano. Your hard and busy work is greatly appreciated And artists too ! Many of us enjoying driving daily in these beautiful and very detailed cars.

Dean Ogurek and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  10. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Have to give thanks too, DK2 was useless and forced Pcars on myself for VR.... Not anymore

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  11. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

If AC didn't have VR support I either wouldn't have an Oculus, or would feel like I'd wasted a lot of money. For me it's worth every penny for AC alone. Current implementation is more than satisfactory, but I wouldn't complain about any improvements/additions of course :p

12. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Exactly, +1

I admit, i didn´t think kunos would manage to offer the single vr-experience that is worth to be used not just to be tried.

13. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

Probably the best looking race game in the rift atm.

A general tip: Use Virtual desktop in order to see the menu in AC. If it doesn't show up after a race session: Press the home button on the oculus remote twice.

14. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Doesn´t the use of virtual desktop influence overall performance? I´m asking, because i stopped using it because of 2 issues.
    First:I once had the impression that AC ran less fluid.
    Second: It didn´t work after ending a session.
    So pressing the home button on the remote twice restarts it?
    Does that work with both the steam and the oculus version?

Would be nice to hear that those problems don´t exist anymore, because i don´t have no monitors @ my racing rig anymore.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  15. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

Thanks, that is very usefull information!

And many thanks to Stefano and Kunos, VR+Assetto Corsa is just glorious. It's the only reason I've kept my rift.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  16. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Thank you Kunos for making me invest:
    • thousands of hours in AC I otherwise would have spent on useless tasks
    • thousands of euros on sim racing equipment I otherwise would have spent on useless junk :D

This is meant as a joke guys, don't take it too seriously. AC can be enjoyed even with a basic hardware setup and even if you don't have too much time to spend in it.
    I'm glad the game is SO GOOD that it drove me into buying new equipment to enjoy it a bit more and I'm glad I had the free time to enjoy it :)

17. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

Indeed... If it weren't for AC in VR I wouldn't have bought:
    • Gaming PC (£1,060)
    • Oculus Rift DK2 x2 (£600)
    • New T300 Wheel (£230)
    • Oculus Rift CV1 (£540)
    • Upgrades for said PC (~£200)
    And I'm now contemplating a new graphics card, better pedals, and maybe even a DD wheel if I win the lottery.

I'd probably still be playing with my 720p TV and laptop.

But I certainly wouldn't be any better off financially... It would've more than likely went up in smoke if I hadn't spent it on that stuff... so I'm glad I've got something to show for it instead of just a sore throat (even if it just big kids toys).

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I wish you luck in winning the lottery; you'd love having a DD-wheel! ;)

Leemstradamus and Rift Racer like this.
  19. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I know I have been thanking a lot lately but sometimes I have to break myself from negative point of view of what could be better.
    I would guess Stefano to be somewhat of a perfectionist. He needs to understand that he could work on this for ten years and it still wouldn't be perfect.
    When trying VR in Pcars I couldn't help but notice the influence AC has. I wonder if Pcars multiple delays were because of AC's new approach to physics.
    I bet none of the big sim developers back in the day would have thought AC would be the top dog to beat today.

20. Pcars sold ten times more than AC, so technically it is top dog. Just sayin'.

The devs behind Forza and Pcars didn't make the physics simcade because they don't know how to make a true simulation, they made them that way deliberately. (and apparently that is the correct path to take business wise, when looking at the number of copies sold vs the sales of actual sims.)

Leemstradamus and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  21. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

though I'm only a triple 3DVISION guy (triple projectors) I underline the great fun I have, appreciating all the hard work from the devs like Stefano. After 2000 hours in AC i can confirm AC is the most real race game ever. AC is the reason of buying all the gadgets I bought and build the last 2 years. One of the greatest game changer was shifting to 3DVISION CinemaScope, 180° constant view, 270° view in total. 3DVISION (which is outdated and on the way out) is thankfully still supported by Kunos, you feel part of the game as VR does (VR is "better" for sure due to 360° view) - anyway 3DVISION mixes game and real world action together.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.