1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic What is the status of the submitted update for November?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Because on the PC it's pretty much abandonware, it looked like a good idea back in the Early Access days when there was very limited gameplay available, it just became a pain in the *** to support after that and nobody really cared about it. It was a sane move to cut it out from the Console version, if I could, I would remove it from the PC version too.

nate, Horus and Donnced2 like this.
  2. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

First online game experience... chose a lobby, joined .. got stuck in a menu with no response on any of the controls or buttons neither on wheel or on pad .. had to close the application

Didn't even get a trophy :-( :)

MBK72 likes this.
  3. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

Decided to try Race Weekend instead.. drove 5 laps for time qualis .. AI didn't drive even one lap, none of the cars. I started pole position.. and yes, now I did get a trophy for it ... o_O

edit: even better.. heres the start for that race .. beware, its a lot of smoke and high speeds ...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    paul_wev likes this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Your comments are rather cryptic. First you got stuck ingame, needed to close the application, now you state the ai does not finish a single lap.
    Either you have a serious hardware problem, or you are just one big annoying troll with an agenda.

Horus likes this.
  5. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

There is NOTHING cryptic in my comment. I got stuck, closed the application, restarted, went for race week end.

I did provide a video of the race, but It also happens I do have a photo of the qualification as well.. hope this satisfies your curiousity. No need to apologize for calling me a troll, I know it would be too much to ask for:

[​IMG]

paul_wev likes this.
  6. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Thanks a lot for the reply Stefano.

I have to say that i liked the drag mode, but if it isn't more kind of abonware...well i have to shut my mouth.

Again, thanks sincerely for the reply.
    And hope to see soon the incoming update for the console versions with the hope that it's aproach more the PC version.

7. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Hi there. I tried to get an info from 505 games today, but they said they couldn't help me out with the question I submitted; they said I should try and have it straight from the devs. Then, I wonder if you could tell me what are the ideal force feedback settings on console if I want to have a feel that would be as close as possible to what a GT3 car in real life is. I know the question is not related to this thread, but I would much appreciate if I could have this answer anyway. Thanks!

8. Horus

Horus Alien

It's a personal thing Pleite. Even between team mates in real life some use more or less power steering, suspension settings etc etc. Make it how you feel comfortable. I do not know if you have the FFB app that shows if you are overcooking the FFB, if not then hopefully one of the console dudes will get back to you. Good luck and enjoy your racing.

Pleite likes this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

It would be better if it worked correctly, at the moment it seems to create a fail from only putting the car in gear. The Christmas tree does not work correctly either. But hey, there are much more important things to sort out, like the tyre model on the Alfa's and getting the Lotus Cortina in game. ;)

paul_wev likes this.
  10. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Good answer. I didn't know they tweaked suspension and power steering in real life for a tailor made feel. Thanks for that.

11. Since the mascara was for you, one thing and you give an opinion about the problem, 90% of users of PC opinion without having played or know the situation in the console, another thing friend, I do not know if it is your case, because I did not say your name Here, but there is a dozen here that criticizes when a console USER criticizes or complains about something that makes you dissatisfied, if I learned well in the POST school the subject and update of November, and many CONSOLE USERS are dissatisfied With the lack of information and date, good as I said the mascara served to you is because you must have such an attitude, I'm sorry the truth hurts ...

12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Drag racing would be a welcome diversion from when you don't want to race. I think Stefano underestimate how popular it would be on console if implemented correctly. On GT5 there were always lobbies with Le Sarthe or Top gear track just for drsg racing and chilling. Was great have 8 - 16 cars line up for a sprint on top gear track. Sometimes I want to play my favourite racing game but don't want the seriousness of a race.

13. LOL that's not at all what is going on here. You thought it's taken this long because Sony and Xbox are still taking their time to approve it???? That's not the problem at all.

If all platform updates and DLC were submitted at the same time, I'd think it was perfectly acceptable for console gamers to wait for Sony/xbox to approve it. It's not Kunos fault that Sony/Xbox take forever to do this while Steam does it instantly almost but that's not what's happening here at all. Kunos simply put the PC version as a much much higher priority, to the point it's almost a month after PC got that DLC and patch, and they haven't even submitted it yet to Sony. Either that or the console patch and DLC is being delayed just for the stupid private lobby functionality

Approval on console doesn't take a month. The last patch took 1 week to be approved and available on PS4, and less than 2 weeks for the DLC to be made available on the store.

Kunos hasn't even submitted anything to Sony or Xbox yet, that's the problem and now we're looking at a mid December release if we're lucky

And it does shed some light on how other developers actually do make PC gamers wait for Sony/Xbox to approve their DLC. That I don't agree with. IMO all versions should be submitted at the same time and if Steam has it earlier than Sony and Sony has it earlier than Xbox, so be it.

fedepino likes this.
  14. You got any proof to back up your statements, or should we just accept them as fact since they sounded good in your head?

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

So our discussion went from you thinking that all platforms should get it to the same time because thats how other games do it, to... not being about that? You cant just change topic and and put words in my mouth and "lol" at it.

16. the reasons to have settings is because everybody likes something different and it's pretty much impossible to define "realistic".
    Personally, I turn all the "effects" to zero, road, curbs, slips... the 2 fast guys in KS tho have some effects on and one of them (Luca Sodano) uses the understeer enhancement (but I don't know if that is already available on Consoles), he actually was the one to request it :p .. I consider it an abomination :D

So my suggestion is to start with "pure" FF, effects off.. then add one at the time, try to understand what it does and if you find it pleasant, it's very personal. They all describe things that can be felt in the car through the chassis vibrations but can be reproduced on wheels without moving them to the steer torque... so they are equally "realistic".

Dookie, SloMotion, GhostMan and 5 others like this.
  17. Horus

Horus Alien

This is totally laughable. In past years I used to play a game called Unreal Tournament. Most people played it on Wind'uhs but I played it on Linux, as it ran faster and looked better. There were thousands of people working on the Windows side and only one working on the Linux version. I expect Kunos have more people comfortable working on the PC version than the consoles, so improvements would be slower as the work would be slightly different to what they are used to. If I remember correctly Lord Kunos said an update would be released in November so take it as read it will be. If there were a problem he would quite openly tell you all.

18. Next console update is a very important one because it realigns the code to the current version of the PC. Because of the massive changes the console version had to go through a lot of testing so that's why there is a "lag" between the releases. Hopefully with code parity the future releases will be more in sync. We all want the same thing here, devs and users: to see the software out as soon as possible.

the-D-, sneekyb, nate and 21 others like this.
  19. Jan Duin

Jan Duin Gamer

Very much looking forward to this.:)

20. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

I'm not used to all of this honesty. Thank you for telling it like it is.
    I'll happily wait for this next update.
    Keep up the good work.

EDIT.
    While I have your attention, how about some Lancia love in a future DLC pack?!

the-D-, MBK72, RSP_Figuur84 and 2 others like this.