1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 "Assetto Corsa Won’t Be Watered Down When Released to Consoles"

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Colin Mcrae Burns Loeb, Nov 27, 2016.

1. https://www.gtplanet.net/assetto-corsa-wont-be-watered-down-when-released-to-consoles-in-2016/

"We are doing a crazy job to guarantee that all versions of Assetto Corsa will feature the same content, features and physics."

"The only thing different is the user interface – that on console has been totally redefined.”

We were 100% lied to. Like a bait and switch. We all know that the console versions are missing so many things from the PC version and is IN FACT a watered down version.

My main question is, why do companies so blatantly lie to us, when it is very easy to verify the facts afterwards?

I gave Kunos the benefit of the doubt and yet they took advantage of us. This game on consoles is a skeleton of it's PC brother. Like a forgotten child just pushed to the corner and told to stay out of the way.

Shame on you all at Kunos and 505 Games.

Dyr_gl, RockDodger, MBK72 and 4 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. Horus

Horus Alien

I think you will find the physics is the same, other parts were made to fit the limitations of the hardware. Wait for the update then start the crying all over.

CtrlAltDeLaet, Kembro, Pleite and 3 others like this.
  4. tony wenham

tony wenham Rookie

we don't need this crap at the moment
    we all no that
    lets see what they do in this next update

Pleite, Ace Pumpkin, AmorFati and 2 others like this.
  5. THERAYaka

THERAYaka Rookie

When is Xbox getting the Porsche pack?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

6. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

For a console version it's a solid release though. Every start is a bit rough but from update to update game becomes more alive so it's still to early to cry for some missing parts and so forth but if you see the PC version on the very beginning and now, they improved it and make it almost perfect so this path is still yet to come to console :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The thing is the console versions will always be behind the pc build as updating steam can be done easily and at any time. Making updates to the console build requires lots of hoops to be jumped through and so it takes longer and there will be less updates. Im glad the PC builds aren't held back for the console and lucky for you guys we are also acting as a secondary large beta test group. PC version has improved greatly since early access and then even more so past initial 1.0 retail release, the console build will also be worked on but there will be some limitations due to hardware but the core physics and content should be as close to equal on both assuming your on the same build as PC where console at the moment without PP1 would be at around 1.8 and PC has had 2 major updates since up to 1.11.

Pleite and Horus like this.
  8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

And sometimes you just have to release something within a deadline, set to match the market before it is too late to catch the momentum. We can't possibly know if a later release would have brought anything better for consoles or not.

Best
    T

9. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

I hope you are right because with Project Cars on PS4 it didn't change a thing with patch , 9 months I waited patiently in the hope that at least one of the big bugs would be solved ( landlime , invisibly walls , grinding of the steering wheel , crash to the main screen and many little bugs I wont mention )
    Beside that Project Cars lied with some released patch note that didn't work and this I see for the first time also on Assetto Corsa where they say the frame rate and stuttering has been improved , I can say that this is perhaps half true regards frame rate but not for the stuttering in the game it is still a hell on the PS4 .
    To give you one example , I'm doing a hotlap challenge at Spa with the BMW M3 GT2 and at some corners when change gear before the turn the heavy stuttering start to appear and stay's for about 2 or 3 second .

Pleite and davidjohngibbons like this.
  10. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Tomorrow.

They talked about the physics not being watered down. You can't expect a console to run exactly the same as a purpose PC built racing sim, it just doesn't work like that. Now calm down and just wait for the patch to be released.

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Pleite likes this.
  12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

pCars is pure bro I throw that into a trash long time ago!!

I'll stick to Assetto even tho as I mention is a fresh release and they're new to console but the potential is huge here and the waiting for that beeng perfected take time true. It it's Gina worth the waiting.

I'm hoping that the Kunis got their priorities set to fix/add important things and we're set to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pleite, Horus and svenvangent like this.
  13. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Horus likes this.
  14. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Massarutto said:
    "We are doing a crazy job to guarantee that all versions of Assetto Corsa will feature the same content, features and physics."

"The only thing different is the user interface – that on console has been totally redefined.

Yes, physics are the same but pretty much everything else is watered down on console version. Hope that the patch resolves at least some of the issues but I doubt that even after the patch the console version won't be even close to having the same features as the pc version.

After all, he said that the only difference would be the user interface which is definitely a big lie no matter how you look at it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    Dyr_gl, MLM_SPARCO and Ace Pumpkin like this.

15. Do you use a Thrustmaster? I have contacted Thrustmaster about this stuttering and its not game related like it was with Project CARS.

16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do you have stutter with thrustmaster and it goes away with another wheel?

17. My Stuttering is down to the standard fan in my T300. Just goes into overload then it stops *with a typical Jeremey Clarkson moment*

18. Horus

Horus Alien

Can you turn the FFB down so that the wheel does not over heat, or turn the fan up to lower than max?

*I ask as I do not own a TM.

19. My FFB Is running around 40% and the fans are on all the time. It's had a lot of punishment since March this year with Dirty Rally and other games.
    It's something I'm used to with it. Only way to eliminate it for me is to upgrade the fan. which i will do outside warranty

Horus likes this.
  20. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Yes I have the T300 RS Trust a bit lesser in the master if that would be the case

21. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

So you think with a new fan it would solve the problem ?