1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tweaking GT3RS Setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by gandlers, Nov 25, 2016.

1. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

In the days following the release of the second Porsche pack I remember reading a post where someone was talking about the setup tweaks they made to the GT3RS.

Being a senile sod; I can remember who it was or in which thread. I do remember mention of reducing the rear aero, changing the toe, and damper adjustments. I have tried searching, but the terms are too vague to get relevant hits. I should have bookmarked it when I read it!

So to all you setup experts, how do you make the GT3RS better?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions After 11 hours of tweaking.. Dec 16, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions The AMD GPU Tweaking Thread Jan 8, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Exposure tweaking : explanation & problem with TV cams Dec 28, 2013
    ACC Troubleshooting Weak Force Feedback - 911GT3RS v2 Mar 21, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec GT3RS? Jan 2, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.0: Steer Lock not consistent between cars [Fanatec GT3RS] May 30, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals GT3RS V2 - Inverted steering Sep 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room 991.2 GT3RS in italian - can someone translate? May 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec Porsche GT2 (GT3RS and similar wheels in series). Settings. Best firmware and drivers. Oct 22, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec GT3RS v2 input lag Apr 25, 2017
    Screens & Videos David vs Goliath nords battle KTM v 911 GT3rs? Mar 9, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues FFB shaking and stuttering while driving! Fanatec GT3RS Wheel Feb 23, 2017
    Bug reports Frame rate Barcelona s/p 911gt3rs flat sixes Feb 14, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Tyre shape and Rim size of GT3RS maybe inaccurate? Jan 30, 2017
    Screens & Videos Porsche 911R vs GT3RS - Lap Comparison Jan 3, 2017

3. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Keep the rear aero, lower the front ride height imo.

4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

gandlers likes this.
  5. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Cheers Schnipp

That's one of the threads I trawled through as I was pretty sure it was one of them started by that guy, but alas; I cant find the post I'm looking for :(

It will show up eventually, or a setup master will take pity on me and give me some sage advice.

6. Berry

Berry Alien

Well it's up to preference and to the track, I usually go +1 on the front ARB, drop the front and the rear to 12 or 13 in height, go max negative camber on the front, -0.3 more negative camber on the rears, the aero is fine as it is stock.Try it and see if you'll like it, haven't gotten in the 7:1x range on the Nordschleife yet unfortunately, need more practice and patience.Have been doing quite a lot of this though :D.

gandlers likes this.
  7. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

2/3 wings is the way to go. The car feels weird mid-corner due to AWS. Feels like oversteer is constantly kicking in but it's fine.

8. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I've not had a chance to try yet.
    Would stiffening the ARB not make the front "less compliant" and reduce the cars willingness to turn in?
    I havent tried it yet so I maybe completely wrong, but from what I have tried to understand of setups, I thought (unless my memory is deceiving me) that stiffer front ARB increases understeer?

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

According to this picture it should help to reduce arb if you having understeer in turn in. I have no idea about setups but I found the picture while i tried to learn:
    [​IMG]
    And one about oversteer:
    [​IMG]

Ferdi, Mogster and gandlers like this.
  10. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I made a point of trying these setting you suggested. Seems promising, well I took 0.7s off my PB at Imola, but I just can't get the front tyres up to temperature.
    I guess reducing tyre pressure at the front will help the temps, but will that alter the handling and if so is there something that could be tweaked to compensate for this?

11. Berry

Berry Alien

Depends on what you like, the setup with 5 rear wing is understeery because of the aero balance, if you like a sharp front-end with less rear grip try the wing at 2-3 settings or play with the alignment (this doesn't work out in its favour all the time though, it depends on the track)

12. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Third lap on the tourist config I lapped 7:18:300, stock setup.
    Thanks for the set up tips, really curious what my new time is gonna be.

Saw someone lapping 6:57:xxx, absolute bonkers...

13. Berry

Berry Alien

At the moment I'm trying to get under 7:21, had a 7:21.7 but RSR didn't record it (full layout, not tourist).The car's quite a beauty to drive, but hard to master.
    Can't seem to figure out if I like the car with more roll or less, getting better times with stiffer ARB's, but not as consistent.Such a lovely "road" car :D.
    BTW, drop the rear wing angle, the rear might step out a bit in faster corners, but the car will understeer significantly less, especially through very fast corners.

gandlers and AmorFati like this.
  14. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Any tips on tyre pressure @Berry ?
    They just dont get warm for me at Imola, how you finding the front temps on the ring as i guess it will be ever harder to keep them warm round the green hell?
    As much as Im not a fan of the ring, Im feeling compelled to try it again.
    Problem is i get bored with it as I dont know it too well once I get past Eddies at the Adenau entrance.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Go online on Nordschleife Tourist servers. To me its always more fun to have other cars around while driving and sometimes you even meet a guy or two that you can race for fun. :)

AmorFati likes this.
  16. Berry

Berry Alien

The tyre temps stay perfect throughout the whole Nordschleife run, 74-80 degrees Celsius, I don't think there's much fettling to do there.I think you should run a little more downforce on Imola, but I haven't tested it yet so I'm not sure :).Will do a run later today.Btw, I'm not a setup expert by any means, just giving info on what I like to modify so the car suits my taste.

gandlers likes this.
  17. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Like @kofotsjanne said, try online. It's so much more fun out there when you are not alone.

Especially after a session restart and there are no wreckers, great fun assured!

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I felt sooo useless a few minutes ago.

I think I drove one lap on Nords in the GT3 RS after release, but didn't watch the time.
    So I drove a lap on Nords (not tourist), but saw a 8:5x. Sure, I did 1-2 little mistakes and 2 bigger ones that maybe cost me around 10-15s total. I thought where the *** did I lose a whole minute?

Luckily I still had the replay and checked, I started a practice session and lap time begun at session start... :D which meant somewhere about 7:48, without errors under 7:40. Phheeewwww. :)

Did my second lap on tourist, 7:16, but not valid, went off before Karussell. :cool:
    Setup what Berry suggested, tyre pressure +1PSI fr. + rear, 100%, 18°C amb. 16°C track.

Really fun though this combination.

19. Berry

Berry Alien

Had a 7:19-ish lap, downshift protection didn't want to let me shift in the last few corners, redecorated the guard rails.Sighh, will have to try another time, I have to get this beast under 7:20 eventually :D.

20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I'll upload a video later, if I don't get a clean lap the former mentioned lap will have to do.

I think I can get it to about 7:10 to 7:12-ish.

21. Berry

Berry Alien

I'm talking about the full layout btw, hit that one up if you fancy a good challenge :D.Use the red/orange one, it's faster than the purple one.