1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Surprise: tyre wear indicator with new patch

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by fbetes, Nov 29, 2016.

1. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

Hi

With the release of the new console patch, we've the tyre wear indicator:

[​IMG]

Miticorio, ZX636, Dookie and 8 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Surprised by Python apps Mar 4, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 187 –Tuscan red and a pink surprise down under. Jul 11, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Little surprise? May 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions No surprise: Bentley right-side wheel confirmed Oct 8, 2018
    Console Lounge Wow, surprised by the Porsche lineup! Jan 1, 2017
    Screens & Videos Fun surprise: The Porsche Cayenne Turbo S Nov 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Showroom Beauty Surprise Sep 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Gt2 cars have surprised me Apr 6, 2015
    Chit Chat Room New car (surprise in thread :p ) coming when?? Dec 25, 2014
    Screens & Videos Elmariachi90 from playerzone team test his engine sound mods - surprise ending Aug 14, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Surprised at graphics performance Mar 19, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Where is the tire.ini [tyre.ini] file in AC [not Competizione]? Nov 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room How do I adjust tire [tyre] grip? Nov 5, 2023
    ACC User Interface warnings and tyres type on times table Nov 3, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023

3. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

That's good news, it's a good addition!

Can you see it while driving too?

4. Note (in case anyone is unaware), you can also monitor each tyre pressure, the core temperature of each tyre, as well as the surface temps for Outer, Middle and Inner areas of the contact patch :)

And the colour for each tyre represents how close you are to the optimum temp, so green is good, blue is cold and red is too hot.

The bars beside each tyre represent tyre wear, and the colours of each bar also.

If you're anything like me, you'll soon have your eyes glued to this app all the time! :p

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Hammerpgh likes this.
  5. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

They've also put in the throttle/brake graphic down on the right there next to the speedo. Good stuff!
    No opponent directional arrows anymore though and coupled with the now lack of a look left/right is going to make knowing where the other cars are around you quite hard. Unless UDP support is coming.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do you got a way to watch ffb clipping too?

7. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Nope.

8. This is awesome

9. Jan Duin

Jan Duin Gamer

Cool stuff.

10. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

its a nice touch and i'm glad its finally in the console version, but pointless as we can still only run a maximum of 10 laps? and there isn't no private sessions YET that allow us to run more laps (league racing) to really be able to put the tyre wear/pressure indicator to its full use. managed fine without it for 10 lap races so far as 10 laps is nothing compared to 50 for example, were you would be more likely to benefit from it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

To add to that info. I believe the app is the same as on PC with slightly different look, so one more thing about the tyre wear bars.
    Colour is more important than the bar height, at least that's what Stefano or Aris said when the app got released on PC. Again you have 3 colours, green, yellow and red. But don't always rely on the app, with some cars you will feel the difference when it goes yellow, in others when it goes red.

But if you can't have longer races then that info isn't that useful for now I guess.

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I have seen a guy do about 30 laps on console. I think he means that its not possible to do more laps online.