1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

lock dlc cars instead of complete disable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ozm8ey, Nov 25, 2016.

1. ozm8ey

ozm8ey Gamer

My suggestion is to lock dlc cars for people that don't own certain dlc but make it so they can still race against un-owned dlc cars. Reason I suggest this is because every time you make a dlc car pack you're splitting the community between people that own the dlc packs and people that don't.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions All my DLCs are locked post update Feb 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Crash after British DLC release [.pak file validation blocked] Feb 11, 2021
    Console Lounge 70th Anniversary DLC did not unlocked after buying Oct 31, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Blocked content after releasing dlc Aug 15, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions will dlc be unlocked through gameplay without purchase? Nov 28, 2016
    Console Lounge All dlc cars locked in single player Oct 7, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Dlc 2 update soft lock bouncing Oct 8, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions GT2 Packed still locked Mar 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Replays sterring locked Jan 31, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions View settings locked Jan 27, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steer Lock slider goes to 1200 Jan 5, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals It's time to rethink steering lock. Sep 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing steer lock doesn't work with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.9.4 locking up after race/superpole Jun 17, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes/locks when i access "controls" menu with Logitech G29 Apr 24, 2023

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Don't the console guys have access to the DLC but are unable to change the setups?

4. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I agree with the OP, it's a very needed feature!

JusTiCe8, Marco21_SVK and Horus like this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats the case in pCARS (if the one that host the lobby own DLC) but in AC they can race against DLC cars but not drive it as far as ive understood. I really hope that comes to PC too. Its easy to find servers with DLC content the first couple of weeks but then its back to vanilla content again if you want to be more than 3 on track.

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

You gotta ask yourself how tight of a person you are to not spend a couple £££ every couple months.

Christopher Low and AmorFati like this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The DLC's are not expensive but if someone isnt interested to drive any of the cars its not weird to not buy them. Ths would not only help the ones that havent bought DLC's but us that have bought them all too. Its possible in the console version so it would be nice to see it on PC aswell. :)

On the other hand this have been up to discussion so many times so I dont see it happening.

John514 likes this.
  8. ozm8ey

ozm8ey Gamer

Well I have money its just I dont have any interest in porsche, and same probably goes with other people with other car packs.

9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Think of it as supporting the development of future dlc..

AmorFati likes this.
  10. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

That's a horrible idea IMHO, and encourages people to buy the DLC packs with the car they want and not all packs, resulting in less profit for Kunos, which results in a lower speed of development.
    Also, the costs for the DLC are negligible, so I honestly don't see what the fuss is about lately.

11. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

Or it results in people not buying any DLC or even AC at all, since you'd have to buy all of them to not be excluded from joining any server just because you are missing one car from one DLC. It can go both ways. I'll join what others already said already, this discussion came up with the very first DLC and it wasn't too bad back then, but with every new DLC it gets worse for people that for whatever reason can't or won't buy every DLC there is. The total price isn't getting cheaper either, with the recent sale it was still at about 60€ iirc, which can discourage newcomers from buying everything at first, so they'll just buy the base game and maybe a few DLCs, but when they decide to go online, they likely are going to see several servers they can't join because they are missing a DLC, even though they don't even want to drive that missing car. That's what the fuss is about.

Marco21_SVK, ears1991 and kofotsjanne like this.
  12. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Nature of DLC im afraid..

AmorFati likes this.
  13. schmron

schmron Racer

Take a look at Rocket League.

@ thread
    Fact: with every new DLC there are less servers available for people not using all DLCs (some friends of mine). Its hard to find a server which fit to all.

Berniyh and Marco21_SVK like this.
  14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its not only people that havent got every DLC that it would help to be able to join servers that include content you dont own, it would also help us with every DLC. :) Its possible to join servers that have content you dont own on console so it cant be that bad of an idea neither.

schmron likes this.
  15. schmron

schmron Racer

If "to prevent pirate copy" is the argument... search engine gives me tons of sites with current version of AC and all 8 DLCs.
    Pirate copys are already there ;)

I think check for a valid steam account is already part of the system?!

16. jarqus

jarqus Racer

It should be supported to be able to race against DLC that is not owned, but have restrictions... Correct the more and more DLC's the less and less Servers are populated and becomes segregated.

Those above have said "but it's only a few $'s" "support the developer" correct, but some also support other developers/games. So as you can see.. them $'s per month, turns into $$$'s per month.
    I just believe they're sort of shooting them selves in the foot by not allowing non DLC owners to race against.. (not with BTW) other DLC owners.

People may say they are being cheap, maybe; or look at as in-game advertising for the DLC's...... i.e. Whoooooo I want that car, sweet bro, it takes them corners at over 9000. Lets go buy it. :)

17. Warrior4Jah

Warrior4Jah Gamer

Although I might buy more DLC's (just for the point of supporting devs) and its always fun to play around with more tracks and cars, I can hardly justify it:
    1. I have hardly mastered any of the Vanilla + D1 content.
    2. Have very little time to do any (sim)gaming.
    3. I don't have much cash to spare; and although a DLC doesn't cost much; one can simply have other spending priorities.
    So why not lock DLC cars for those who are not (yet) willing or can't buy the DLC yet for various reasons? [edit] I would like to buy the Japanese pack some day :), regardingless if it stays disables or it becomes locked content (only to race against).

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    kofotsjanne likes this.
  18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

hint: the DLCs might change your mind.

Happened to me a couple of times actually, e.g. with some japaneese cars.

On topic: I still understand if people don't want to buy DLC and excluding them completely from some races seems a bit too much.
    So I'm supporting the suggestion.