1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Feature Request: Custom Controller Button Mapping

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by smeedwoke, Dec 5, 2016.

1. smeedwoke

smeedwoke Rookie

Hello Kunos!

I've been having a terrific time playing the game with the t300.
    I am a big fan of drifting so I've got a custom hand break mod that taps into the buttons steering wheel and the base.

At first it was set to R3 and then I went through troubles to map it as O button to use as the handbrake just for Assetto Corsa. Although the process is a bit tedious, it was worth it in the end.

I've been having a great time and saw an update when I open up the game yesterday. I decided to download without knowing it will mess up the button mappings. Now in version 1.09, there are no more presets that can use O button as the handbrake.

I'm not sure why you have decided to do that in the first place but it's just made players like me have a harder time and less incentive to play the game.

We really need a custom button mapping settings. There are also players who wired the handbrake to the R3/L3 buttons on T300 bases.

After all, it's a simulation game and some sim players have modded hardwares that we have invested into so that we can have more immersive experience. I am not planning to rewire my handbrake anymore. I will probably stop playing the game unless the custom button mapping is patched in.

Sorry, Kunos. You've created such a great game to enjoy on consoles but ruined it with ridiculous decision makings regarding settings. I hope you will patch the custom button mapping in some day.

Until then...

SmeedWoke Everyday

JesterDay, FLX81, bk81 and 4 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Feature Request: Brake Duct adjustment in Pit Stop Nov 27, 2021
    ACC User Interface Feature Request - Notes area Nov 10, 2021
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Control Bindings with Key Combinations [Feature Request] Nov 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Feature Request: Add FCY and SC Mode as server admin commands Sep 14, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Feature request: map analog axis to digital function? Aug 17, 2020
    ACC User Interface [Replay mode feature request]Race time, session, time of day HUD element on replays and other May 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Feature request: audible signal for "Drive" being prepared in CP-race Jan 16, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Feature Request: Look Back Apr 28, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Feature request: Ignition switch animation Mar 9, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Feature request: look to MoTeC binding Oct 29, 2018
    ACC User Interface Feature request - "Look to mirror" binding Oct 14, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [Feature Request] Default FFB Wheel Setup Oct 1, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Feature Request: Compare setups Sep 26, 2018
    ACC General Discussions VR Feature Request (Dash Light Dimming) Sep 19, 2018

3. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

+1 on that.
    My handbrake is wired to L3 on t500 base so only good for changing the view..

Callum O'Connorp and bk81 like this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

And keyboard compatibility!

bk81, TX Executioner, MBK72 and 3 others like this.
  5. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Yup! my suggestion list is:
    1. personalized button mapping.
    2. keyboard compatibility.
    3. UDP applications.
    4. online and offline leaderboards.
    5. penalties & track limits in career.
    6. penalties & track limits improved.
    7. more FoV settings.

bk81, zeroasdf, SlimCharles and 2 others like this.
  6. BoereJack

BoereJack Gamer

i need a handbrake button, that is not on my wheel(t500)....like L3 or R3............. and i want to map it myself if possible....

see for yourself.....right now it is on my wheel, on the left top button neatr the wheels centre.....watch how that turns out aws impossible to use when drifting(look at the wheelmovement)

7. Jim-lockyer

Jim-lockyer Gamer

I wouldn't hold your breath about custom button mapping. It's been my biggest gripe of this game and one that's a massive own goal in comparison to other sim games that do allow it. I too have a modded handbrake and rocker switches controlling what I want it to control but it's all for nothing. I sent a ticket to ask directly about the possibility of custom button mapping and the reply was no, cause not enough people want it.. Seriously kunos, give us the freedom and immersion we deserve in a racing game. Maybe we need a petition guys? ..

8. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

Passed that through Google Translator, they meant "we don't have a clue about how to do it without breaking the game".

Astral_Magi and TheGT500 like this.
  9. Amtath

Amtath Rookie

Did they wait to be asked to do it on PC? From all my racing games on the PS4, it's the only one that hasn't that feature.

10. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Seriously poor show from a "small but dedicated team"
    AC is the only console sim racing game (I'm on PS4) that will not allow user definable button mapping and I'm simply staggered by the response you got from your ticket !
    Button mapping is without doubt the most basic requirement, and one of the most requested features next to private lobbies, do Kunos / 505 Games not even bother to visit their own SUPPORT forums and see what the players are requesting ?
    Judging by the lack of replies by an official source, I guess not ! Unless that is, it's a post praising the game, then you get a response. Oh, of course the standard cut/paste reply to questions like these are "raise a ticket with 505" ! That's fine if you have a pretty specific problem, but seeing as we're a community on a public forum, surely it's better if we had replies that everyone can see and respond to, rather than a one to one discussion ?

11. kevtwizzle

kevtwizzle Rookie

+1 to everything on this thread...

also...more drift cars and courses please!! it is quite obvious that players love drifting in this game...and deadzone adjustment on wheels! epsecially with force feedback...

and why isnt the drift track in practice like every other course?

12. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I just wish I could remove the damn horn from the damn L3 button.

if I had a pound for everytime I beeped the horn while going round a corner......

bk81 likes this.
  13. sgohsixthree

sgohsixthree Rookie

+1 This is probably as close as we'll get. :(

bk81 and Astral_Magi like this.
  14. AndyB16

AndyB16 Simracer

+1 on needing custom mapping. I'm on Xbox but it's the same situation over here.

15. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

+1 here too

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, ps vr

16. Davi2877

Davi2877 Gamer

+1 here here

Astral_Magi likes this.
  17. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Hey guys i have a youtube channel and currently working on doing a mod and moddifying all the buttons. heres my plan.

Since i have replaced my wheel with a 350 mm wheel i no longer have the buttons. IMAG0258.jpg

I will be running all the wires to a ports on the side of my t500

Then create a buttonbox that will have plug in ports for square, circle, traingle, and x, this would allow us to attach any mod to our wheel. thus converting the buttons on the wheel to a button box that we can plug in externally. then have plugin ports on the box to add our e- brake, shifters, ect. doing this mod we would no longer need to wait for a company to add button reassignment. it will lool something like this, no ports in the front though, and more buttons to match the button count on the wheel
    IMAG0179.jpg
    With having the ports on the side, i will later create a gt wheel with quick connect with a coil plug attched to the wheel, so when we connect the wheel we can plug in that spacific wheel. It would have more of an official racing look and feel.
    Started the process already. created a plate for the deep dish wheel. doesnt look pretty yet. will be wrap in carbon vinyl, and buttons will be addes along with a slot for a old phone to use telemetry on project cars IMAG0285.jpg
    Currently still working on my diy hydraulic e- brake. once i am done i will start with this build. it will be a diy.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  18. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Now by changing the camera view you also change the brake bias. Man, now it is so necessary the mapping and keyboard compatibility... Some spectacular cars are boring (P1 and 918), you cant change camera view in some cars in order to not have to abandon the race, claxon and HUD it in the same button (wich is better than having just the HUD, but when i want to use the claxon I have to use it again in order to leave the HUD in the correct way)...

Mapping and keyboard compatibility is added to the list of things that must be added like private lobbies, apps and leaderboards.

bk81 and paul_wev like this.
  19. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

Full customisation should be a requirement of all games - if anything it would enable more people with disabilities to game, left-handed people for example.

And, while we're at it, can we ditch the horn (who the hell uses a horn in a racing simulator, 5 year olds?) and replace it with something useful? We'll need a button to open a selection of in-car apps at some point (hope this isn't just wishful thinking) so we can move the console versions closer to the 'full' version of the game.

bk81 and paul_wev like this.
  20. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Im not a 5 years old, and I find it very usefull in Assetto Corsa.

If I crash with someone and I want him to know, in a very fast and clear way, that Im sorry and it was a mistake and not a deliberated push, I use the horn and I let him pass. Or maybe to let know another person that it didnt let you enough space. Or maybe to advise lapped drivers to let you pass (in case they dont see you flashing the lights).

And also, real cars have horns, if you didnt notice it.

21. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

Real cars have ashtrays but they're not used when racing. Just seems a waste of a button to me, especially when we're limited anyway.

Don't recall hearing a horn used in a real race, lights work well enough and I'd assume someone beeping was angry - but then I'm English and using the horn isn't a national past time.

paul_wev likes this.