1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Which Cars Can Compete With The Porsche 919 Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SOUK, Dec 10, 2016.

1. SOUK

SOUK Rookie

Can anyone suggest some cars that will compete nicely with the Porsche 919 Hybrid DLC please.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room How good (driving and setups) do you have to be to drive the 2 f1 cars competently? Jul 19, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Cars teleporting for a split second into pit lane and back Feb 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2 cars output as GT4 carGroup in results Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Missing cars in GT2 solo races Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2- some cars cant join Gt2 Server Jan 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Don't see DLC cars in the game Jan 25, 2024
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong fuel usage values for GT2 cars Jan 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    Physics Bugs & Issues Some Kunis F1 cars have abnormally long gears for me Dec 24, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Cars haveing bad netcode at the start of each session Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Dirt-effects on cars and windscreens Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC User Interface False Brake Bias value with SimHub Dashboard with new v1.9 cars May 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Practice glitch on Challenge Cars? Apr 17, 2023

3. Ibai

Ibai Gamer

Well, I suggest taking a look at the cars that raced on Le Mans the same year the 919 did.

4. yusupov

yusupov Alien

no. throw a bunch of GT3 cars at the grid & have fun.

Andreas Knöpke likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Will the other 919's be able to overtake the GT3s?

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The 2015 Porsche 919 Hybrid raced against the 2015 Toyota TS040 Hybrid and 2015 Audi R18 E-Tron quattro RP5. Both TS040 and R18 have been announced and are coming for Assetto next year but we don't know yet which seasons those cars are from exactly. URD has paid mods for those and the (uncompetitive) Nissan GT-R LM and privateer LMP1 but can't rely on data from the manufacturer of course.

Beyond those nothing is directly competitive. Modern formula cars are too quick, older prototypes too slow on most circuits.

You can of course do multiclass racing and throw in GTE or GT3 cars but offline that doesn't work out well with the AI.

Seria17hri11er, LChaves, SOUK and 2 others like this.
  7. ApexPredator

ApexPredator Gamer

Nice info, sir. Where can I see these planned updates to assetto? Thx!

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

919 until we get some more lmp1 cars from that year will be a bit lonely. But its a car where laptimes can go and down 5 to 8 seconds per lap simply due to.battery levels usage and setup. Its almost a multi class car a single car grid. :D

Also in WEC they dont race against gt3 cars but gte which we only have one of the c7. The older gt2 cars are closest to this class but gt3 isnt miles off now either.

There is a 2016 919 coming in the next PP3 but I would have to assume it will be significantly quicker then the previous seasons car.

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

11. No.

12. SOUK

SOUK Rookie

Brilliant, that Porsche 919 hybrid is such an awesome car to drive and it looks great. It's good to read their is in fact going to be some similar class competitors for it.

For the moment we've been using the standard Lotus Exos 125 against it for a bit of fun as they're kind of similar 'ish on certain tracks but obviously they look a bit out of place with each other class wise.

It would be nice to see the 986hp Toyoto TS050 Hybrid instead of, or as well as the Toyota TSo40. The LMP1 Hybrid class Nissan and Audi are awesome too..

I look forward to the updates, I hope they don't take to long to roll out..

13. xela1

xela1 Racer

yo, that's the reason why a lot of people call AC a" hot lap racing simulator". We've got many, many wonderfull car's haven't real opponents in this sim. I'm crying cause also my both favorites car's 935/78 and 962c are standing alone. Also driving against themselves (e.g. only 935 grid), doesn't work causing of bad AI (braking) behaviour.

14. Psit

Psit Alien

You are so wrong.
    People say it is a hotlap simulator because it still missing rules and functions that are used in the real races.
    Just be grateful that this sim has such a huge diversity of cars.
    If you can, try and name one sim that has more than 5 categories of cars with a big selection of models / brands for each of them.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  15. xela1

xela1 Racer

come down Psit, we know it's the best Racing simulator, you mustn't mention this. You also c the various interpretations of "hot-lap simulator". I think racing-league-packs would be great; GT3 with AC BoP works well inside

Psit likes this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I don't think that is the case at all.

nate likes this.
  17. xela1

xela1 Racer

@Epistolarius: please ride a race in an mere 935/78 (or mere 962c) grid and you will see that it is no problem winning this race.
    It would be nice if you report us why it is so easy to overtake all Porsches 935 in front of each corner .... . So that's why I'm call AC a hot-lap simulator (sometimes).

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That rather sounds like you have issues with the AI. The AI obviously has some issues (like with multi-class racing) but it's certainly not slow and can absolutely be raced, I personally have no chance against a 100% AI grid in the faster cars. If you find specific issues make a bug report and don't complain to me about it.

What I read from the first part of your comment is that you say many of the cars in AC have no competitors and that's why you can't race, that's why people call it "hot-lap simulator". And that's just not the case. Plenty of series you can replicate.

19. Ibai

Ibai Gamer

The AI, for me, has reached a point where it's impossible to win a race if the difficulty is set mid-high or it's really easy to finish first. Why? Because at high difficulties the AI is agressive (I use a gamepad) so I can't keep up in curves. But when the difficulty is set mid-low, it seems to be the AI who can't keep up :(

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Why not race against other humans in MP? get a good field together of respectful drivers and multiclass can be great fun like in this race. This is only a couple laps and the race was like this pretty much start to finish over 18 laps.

MP can be worse then AI if racing with fools but there are ways to setup good fields for some fun mp racing that will never matched by AI racing in any game.

Honestly id rather hotlap then race AI but id much rather race in mp then hotlap. :D

21. I'll probably do the 919/GT2 race on Sunday at RD. What ERS strategy did you use at Paul Ricard ?