1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Abarth/Fiat 500 career race

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by DozUK, Dec 12, 2016.

1. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

Hi, I'm having lots of trouble with this race (And it's the first race) in the game. I've spent time after time trying to achieve 3rd or higher on medium difficulty. Now I only bought the game last week but the majority of my time has been spent on this race to no avail.

I have read that with the latest updates, the difficulty has increased but having not played it on prior updates I don't know how that relates to this race. I am however, having real challenges with it and don't really want to drop it to Easy.

I can get 4th place (on a good day) but with only 3 laps and starting at the back it's a massive struggle as I can't find the speed to keep up with the leaders. There aren't too many tuning options for the 500 either, but what I have changed doesn't seem to make a difference with catching up to the front pack. Basically, I start at the back, get held up by others while the front race off. Where all in the same car so unless I drive like a demon I have no chance of catching up. I'm also not a demon.

I've seen people on you tube do this quite easily but those videos were dated before the 1.09 and higher releases. Has the difficulty increased since for this event and does anyone have any tips. It's like I've bought a fiat 500 simulator as this is all I play (And I used to own one too).

Thanks

Doz

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Steering wheels discussions t500rs Nov 3, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room TORA GT Sprint Cup - Sundays 1500 EDT [SimRacing-GP.net][PC] Jul 11, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Thrustmaster t500 FFB is Bugging Jun 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Wheel (T500) keeps disconnecting Feb 16, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room The SimZone | Team Endurance | $500 PRIZE POOL Feb 15, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Thrustmaster Software + t500rs Nov 6, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] Abarth 500 AC - Sprint Series | Fridays Jun 4, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting British Pack Patch - Front wheels sporadically lose all grip for about 500~1000ms Feb 11, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room WPR ACC Sprint Series - Season 2 - €500 Prize Pool Jan 2, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Abarth 500 EsseEsse Vallelunga Oct 27, 2020
    Chit Chat Room 2013 Super GT500 by Chivas Oct 19, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions RTX 3080 GPU + Ryzen 5000 CPU = Minimum 80-90FPS on HP Reverb G2 Oct 1, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room Rookie Championship 2020 [Abarth 500 Assetto Corse] Aug 15, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions HUGE DISCOVERY for the T500rs Aug 8, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What ffb configuration with T500rs do you have after patch 1.03? Jul 28, 2020

3. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Just tried this for you and the leaders are lapping in about 1:03.5 through to 1:04.7 on v1.09, medium difficulty on both consoles. You will need to lap in about 1:02.5 to win the race which is a useful marker if you want to practice in hotlap.

It is doable and here are a few suggestions for you that might help (you may already have done all/some of these if so apols for stating the obvious):

1. Reduce your fuel, 8L was more than enough that is probably the biggest impact tuning can make with so few options.
    2. Lower the tyre pressures to keep the tyres in the green range, try this for yourself with the onscreen data to find what works for you.
    3. Turn up the tyre sounds in audio settings so that you can hear the tyres reaching the edge of grip. These little semi slicks will be squealing like piggies when you are pushing hard enough.
    4. Turn on the enhanced understeer effects, I think these really help give the extra sense of the nose pushing into understeer. (The effect is better on the wheel but still helps on the pad).
    5. Traction control off is essential if you are going to get the most from the little Abarth, you need to be able to pull the front of the car through the corners, traction control will kill this ability.
    6. Stability control 0%, this car isn't going to bite you. You are more likely to be entering corners too quickly and understeering wide than rotating backwards off the track. The car will feel much more responsive with the stability control off.

As far as the circuit goes here are some suggestions including where the AI seem to hold back

[​IMG]

1st corner Viterbo: It's easy to go in too fast here and end up running wide. Manage your speed on entry on the first lap and you should be able to slip up the inside and take a couple of places. The AI are generally tidy through this corner, throughout the race.

Tornantino: The hairpin here is your friend. The AI brake early and are quite slow through this hairpin. You should be able to out brake a car and by pushing to the track edge exit the corner faster than the AI.

Esse: The AI are slow here too if you can flow through the corner using both apex kerbs you should be able to carry far more speed.

Roma: The AI are probably quickest here and put up a good fight for position, if you are too early on the brakes they will slip back up the inside, it feels good and realistic. Listening to the tyres is the best way to know how hard you are asking the tyres to work here. On medium difficulty, the AI are a little late on the throttle. If you can judge the moment right you can pass the even the lead car on the exit.

I hope that helps, ask away if there was something else or more specific you were looking for.

4. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

Wow, thank you, that is one helpful reply. Thank you so much for going to the trouble to explain the above.

I'm hoping to get chance to play tonight so I'll try and turn your advice into an advantage.

I have previously tried altering tire pressures but the back right always goes cold quickly with the back left not too far behind it. So far I haven't be able to counteract this.

I really appreciate the detail of your reply so I'll report back after my next session.

Thanks

Doz

Grijo and MBK72 like this.
  5. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

OK after reading your post, I've made some time to sneak in a quick go and I actually managed to take third place on the very first attempt (of this session). I lowered the back right tyre pressure and took a little off the back left. I also removed traction control (I was already running without stability). I switched fuel on and put in 8l like you advised.

I actually managed to get into 2nd place but the AI took me on Roma exactly as you stated in your write up.

From then on it was a race for 2nd which I ultimately lost out on but 3rd didn't seem to be in doubt. I even claimed the fastest lap!

Thank you very much, I have spent hours prior not even touching 3rd so to have completed this challenge (albeit bronze tier) has given me the most amazing feeling of satisfaction.

Thank you, you've been a massive help.

Doz

Grijo and MBK72 like this.
  6. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks Doz, you're welcome, happy I could help. :)

When you beat that challenge on Alien please let me know how it's done!

Grijo likes this.
  7. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

This thread inspired me to give it a go on medium. I turns TC off and dropped the fuel load to the minimum and I was off.
    I took fourth in the first two races and had to really dig in. I managed second in the next race. Then in the final turn, I took the lead, only to be hit in the rear by P2 and spun off track.
    But knowing it was possible, I raced again. It took three more attempts, but I finally took the win.
    Thank you DozUK creating the thread and thank you MBK72 for your thorough reply. Btw, where is the enhanced under steer option. I don't see it on PS4.

MBK72 and DozUK like this.
  8. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

Wow that's great going, I've so far only managed 2nd but I'm very pleased with that. MBK72 certainly helped me out with his inspiring write up and it's also changed my approach to races going forward. I also wondered about the enhanced understeer as I couldn't see that.

MBK72 likes this.
  9. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Enhanced understeer is only shown in the options, advanced screen for the wheel, I thought it was also on the controller screen (maybe it used to be?) but my mistake it is only on the wheel settings.

Good to read you are all going well with the challenge and glad the info was useful.

Larryf1951 likes this.
  10. msfarrar

msfarrar Rookie

Thats all good to know.. Thanks .. I am just starting out with AC and had exactly the same issue.. Silly me, I assumed I wouldn't need to tune the car so early in my career .. was expecting to be 'eased' into things :)

11. Unzen

Unzen Rookie

Thanks for the feedback on this. Just trying in now after getting a G920 for the PC and I'm miles off the pace - 12.3 seconds to be precise behind the leading AI.

The main issue I appear to be having are the gear ratios. God help the little 500 owners if these bear any relevance to real life! Crank-destroying screams in one gear, followed by an upshift to a gear that makes the car feel like it's scaling Mt. Everest..... in treacle. Genuinely awful, awful ratio spacings.

I've not reduced the fuel load yet or the tyre pressures - that's the next job. :)

12. Unzen

Unzen Rookie

Noticed the AI when set to 98% also. Is this normal?

13. msfarrar

msfarrar Rookie

In career mode , the default AI strength is 98% ... which IMO is way too hard .. slide it back, win a few races and get your confidence back and then slide it up :)

14. Hi, I know that I am a bit late here. I am running this snail with all assists off, fuel, tyre wear and blankets on. Gearing, throttle and blip are all set to automatic. My best run is around 1:03:50, which is far too slow for Hard diificulty.

If anyone could kindly post a competitive setup because I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Acceleration seems to be my main problem here.

Thanks in advance.