1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Down shifting

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Fa5, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Fa5

Fa5 Gamer

Good afternoon sim heads I have and issue with downshifting when I go to downshift it does not all the times but most and it's definitely causing me to not go 100% thinking I might just come in to the corner to fast I have a G920 has anyone else have similar issues and if Kunos is aware of this is it being resolved ?

Also why do my setups not save ?

LucaBenj and Donald_Trump2016 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSL Elite v1.0 with P1 rim downshifting issues Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Bug: Virtual hands tap both paddles when shifting up or down Oct 2, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ACC resets brake configuration + problem downshifting Sep 1, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Shifting down doesn't work Jul 29, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Problems downshifting Jul 20, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Lotus 98T Trail braking and downshifting with GTeye springs May 20, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Up and downshifting not working since 0.1.1 Sep 14, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Lamborghini Sesto Elemento downshifting Dec 22, 2017
    Chit Chat Room manual downshifting, Advice? May 8, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Bug, Glitch, or did i miss something? (Downshifting the AMG) Feb 27, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Incorrect dual clutch downshifting Feb 22, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mazda RX-7 downshifting redlines every time Dec 25, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Downshifting in Mercedes AMG GT3 to slow couse Overrev-Protection Aug 23, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Blue line and downshifting with CTRL key Jul 10, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Down shifting problem May 19, 2016

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Is it the downshift protection, what car are you seeing this happen with?

fr13del and Schnipp like this.
  4. Fa5

Fa5 Gamer

Any car that has paddle shifting and where is downshift protection settings at ?

Thanks for the reply

5. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

Fixed it for you.

Traks1 likes this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

They could disable downshift protection and then for those that want to shift so early just blow the engine or gearbox on all those shifts. Would you rather miss a shift or blow the engine? also if it wont let you shift at that RPM maybe try shift at lower rpm next time. ;)

7. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

The problem is for 0 rpm too!!

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

The is a setting in the PC version to protect against twitchy multi-shifts (0 - 200ms). As for removing the downshift protection, AC is a sim, so if the real cars have it so does its virtual counterpart.

fr13del and Kembro like this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Your saying you cant shift down at 0 RPM? that would be a bug and not related to shift protection built into many cars to protect them from poor drivers. :D

10. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

Thing is, real cars software works, unlike the lazy attempt at it in this game.

The "feature" in the game will let happen dangerous shifts that get you the full Xmas tree on the dash when the lower gear engages, and then will block shifts that would get you nowhere near the rev limiter at all. It´s not working, and while it´s not working it´s better they disable it.

majuh likes this.
  11. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Using a G920 on the Xbox and I have had zero issues shifting in cars that have downshift protection. If I have missed a shift it has always been my fault by trying to downshift to early. Running with auto blip, and auto clutch off, don't know if that might make a difference.

fr13del and Horus like this.
  12. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

I have tried all sorts of combinations with the assists (both transmission ones and ABS) trying to track down the issue and it's always there.

Thing many fail to understand is this has nothing to do with how hard you downshift. If the feature "intercepted" shifts over a fixed threshold of revs it would be easy to anticipate and adapt to. But it stops shifts randomly. Some aggressive ones stick, some conservative ones are not registered. It's just broken.

Anyway, we'll talk again when you get 1.09, I was happy with this particular aspect before that patch

13. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

I'm on 1.09, no issue.

14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

FTFY. On PC it works like supposed to. Real cars have downshift protection, on PC no problems. So problem is not in the game. Maybe the port to consoles.. or your head.

15. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Drivers fault if he(or she in rare cases) try to downshift too early.

16. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

What is with that irresistible urge to talk about irrelevant stuff? It IS a problem in the game, Kudos decided to port it and they're responsible for it's quality every bit as much as they were for the PC one.

I'm very glad you got a game that works. We don't.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  17. schmron

schmron Racer

Downshift protection isn't a "platform dependet thing". In game engine it works same on console as like on PC.
    Why should KS rewrite this part of sourcecode?!

If there is a bug you can help KS to fix it with posting a video. Be sure we can see your wheel/gamepad and engine rev in the video

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Like schmron said, post a video about the bug. I've done that at least 5 times in this 2 years I've played AC, when I saw one. It helps developers. Saying some vague stuff about "it being lazy job" doesn't help much. How downshift protection is, varies from car to car. So there isn't any way to know if you have bug, until you show it so it can be compared to working PC version. Likelihood that it's someone who doesn't understand what downshift protection means, is quite high. There were some complaints about it on PC forum as well, when it was implemented. "Latest patch broke shifting". It can be bug, but it can be also user problem. Like people complaining that certain car is "way too understeery" which 99% cases means they were going in too hot, and/ or overturning the wheel, worsening problem. Until proven by video, there is possibility that person can't just shift, and Kunos doesn't have time to check each and every car one by one. Their console team is much smaller than their actual team, just few guys.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    SGT EDUBB likes this.
  19. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

Been there, done that, zero attention from devs.

(8:33 on)

Sorry to disappoint you, but there´s not "user problem". **** just doesn´t work. I checked the paddles in the PC controller software and other games, they work 100% of the time. And I know how to shift a stupid sequential car, everybody does.

It is absolutely ridiculous how far you guys are going to go before dealing with the fact the game is a wreck on consoles... The whole subforum is full of compliants about this and you´re still babbling nonsense trying to make every possible excuse.

20. schmron

schmron Racer

I see:
    @9:00 slide because shift down, break and turn in at once.
    @9:40 rev was to high (very hard to read rpms with this bad video quality)

Just my opinion

21. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

What you have actually seen is the game allowing a marginal shift and then denying two consecutive attempts to shift down in a far more conservative fashion in the same car, same track, same corner, same gearing. The second of them came while the engine was bogging down completely out of the ideal rev range.

In other words, the game failing.

Traks1 likes this.