1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Difficulties in getting cars back on track after a spin, main game vs online multiplayer

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ppbucko, Dec 15, 2016.

1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I've opened another thread about this, but this is slightly different anyway apologies if it upsets anyone.

I took the Porsche gt4 0n practice mode on spa using tx wheels t3pa pedals, to different spots slightly of track on grass and sand. Then I've tried to recover car back to track in a sensible way and a non sensible way 1st gear lots of revs. I've then gone to the points on track same car but in multiplayer this time and the difference is amazing. Main game very easy to get back on track, multiplayer much more difficult to get back on track with the car doing 180deg spins on the spot very easily.

Why is this and has anyone else noticed it.

Pleite and MBK72 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Difficulties assigning my "B"-button since v4.2 Dec 22, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues AI line/hints - AI has difficulties to make clean laps on Silverstone Circuit Jan 2, 2018
    Console Lounge Big gap between difficulties? Oct 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Getting brake data to look right in Track Attack Dec 4, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Which game to play and advice for getting good Oct 9, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I keep getting kicked from races Apr 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions when are we getting the next Update ? Setups still broken Jan 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Getting crash, when launching AC as 64bit. Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox Series S - keep getting kicked from GPortal. Sep 17, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Keep getting Fatal Error [faulty RAM] Sep 12, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Keep getting disconnected Mid Race Aug 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Interested in getting a copy also on console, but is telemetry data saved somehow? Jul 12, 2022
    ACC Physics Please Devs fix the contact system, it's getting more and more frustrating to race like this Jul 6, 2022
    ACC Physics Getting stuck in second on Indianapolis exiting turn 11 Jul 4, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards New SimRacer having problems getting first TR Mar 27, 2022

3. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

I'm sure there is another explanation than SP vs. MP. Check tire warmer, track grip, road temp and of course tire temps.

Bazilews and LeDude83 like this.
  4. Yea, that is immediately what I suspect. You are running much different settings than what the MP servers you connected to are running.

bradleyland, Bazilews and LeDude83 like this.
  5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I don't have a problem in sp never have any trouble, 2nd gear take it easy no problem. mp is a totally different animal altogether. when I was comparing sp vs mp I had same time of day, tyres the same temp or as close as I could get it, m/p is much more difficult and the 180 deg spins on the spot are stupid.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Quite likely using more aids in sp then the mp server is permitting. Traction control and stability control will have a pretty big effect on people that cant control these on their own.

Have you got all aids turned on in SP? Try turn some off especially stability control and you will likely see the big difference.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Check for the obvious stuff first...like the other guys have mentioned.

Do you have problems accessing the information that's required (track grip, temperature, tyre temperatures and wear, SC/TC/ABS settings) on the console?

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  8. Chavez-=LK=-0

Chavez-=LK=-0 Rookie

I have same problem in day one. And it's nothing a do tc or else aids. It's in the game. The feeling is like you are in ice.

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You just put a smile on my face, saying AC feels like on ice.
    That category is resticted to iRacing, m8.;)

As one of the great insructors said:
    Treat the car as you would with a beautiful woman...
    Don't be hasty, and do everything with the inputs, gently and with respect.
    Smooth it out, they say...

Bazilews likes this.
  10. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Pumpkin please tell me you have tried it on xbox,before having a say on it, it might be different to the pc that's your used to, it doesn't feel like its on ice though it feels like your on one of those f1 tea trays they use to get the cars back it pit, and its only the multiplayer that I struggle with.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Insufficient answer dude, since you are up to par, physics wise!
    But some like to ramble, I know...

12. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

ok have you actually tried it on xbox?

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Do I need to?

14. Chavez-=LK=-0

Chavez-=LK=-0 Rookie

It's only in grass !!!!

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  15. Chavez-=LK=-0

Chavez-=LK=-0 Rookie

No but if you haven't dont bother answer

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Stay off it!
    I suppose...

17. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Yes then you could compare it to the pc version aand then come back with a well informed reply. I haven't got a single complaint on track with a wheel the game handles really well, but when trying to get the cars of grass and sand its to difficult. sp is ok multiplayer is a lot more difficult.

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

?

I understand, you had a wall built on that console omissions.

But it's gone now, so be competitive.

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

The off track grip, like sandtraps or grass run offs, are much too grippy on the pc side!
    I would like to have that instant spin off on that ground, like for example Automobilista delivers.

20. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

OP, I thought the same for quite some time. There is one factor that can't be accounted for in settings: adrenaline.

I know it seems crazy, and I didn't believe it for the longest time, but I found the biggest difference between SP and MP to be my state of mind. When you're in an online race, your brain chemistry is different. IMO, this is one of the big differences between mere mortals and successful, professional race car drivers.

Here's how I finally convinced myself that it was me, and not the game.
    • Set up a practice session with the same car, track, temp, restrictions as the MP session you intend to join.
    • Make sure my HUD includes control indicators (clutch, brake, throttle)
    • Have a spin and recover with style and grace.
    • Punch the share button and save the video clip (PS4 saves 15 minutes; you'll have to setup GameDVR on XB1)
    • Join MP session
    • Make sure my HUD includes control indicators (clutch, brake, throttle)
    • Race 3 clean laps, then have a spin (because, OF COURSE @$%#!)
    • Do two donuts in the grass while gently caressing the throttle (MOTHER @$%#!)
    • Finally make it back on the tarmac and struggle to drive sensibly as pebbles rattle around in my wheel wells
    • Punch the share button and save the video clip
    After I've finished the session, it's time to review the tapes! In 100% of instances, I was mashing the throttle like an Irishman auditioning for Riverdance.

It's only taken me a couple of months to get over the shame and embarrassment. I hold the same hope for you.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  21. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Nevermind, it's over now...
    Thanks to entitlements, and over enthusiastic inputs.
    Well done guys!