1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Possibility to show physical wheel ingame

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by elchshooter, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

I'd like to know, if there are any modding or official plans to show the used simracing wheel instead of the car's wheel ingame?

For me as an oculus rift cv1-driver with a fanatec porsche rim, it would be of huge benefit, i terms of finding buttons. Would it be very hard to implement let's's say the 10 most used sim-wheels?
    Concerning the simulation value, as you can't own every wheel rim for every car, you would just trade off one unrealistic thing(other physical wheel than ingame wheel) against another (other ingame wheel than real car's wheel).

As i said, i just wanted to know if there are any plans from kunos, or any project plans of the modding community.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions Showroom mode: car sounds, possibility to rev.. Apr 17, 2015
    ACC General Discussions Possibility to use Acc for a project Jul 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting No possibility to even start a race [AMD GPU driver crash - ATIDXX64.dll] Dec 29, 2021
    ACC User Interface Adding the possibility to set a start + end for replays before saving Jan 14, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Possibility to upload liveries on ACC Console Dec 6, 2020
    Chit Chat Room LAN or any possibility to play with friend and AIs Dec 5, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Possibility of forcing "One Make" (Like Porsche Cup) in Public MP Jan 15, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Possibility to train a specific corner or track-section Jan 11, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Possibility to drive single races with own name? Nov 3, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Possibility to turn off EVERY DOF/Blurring effect? Jun 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Possibility to stall on ACC ? Jun 10, 2018
    General modding discussion Possibility to get rid of original skins? Jul 4, 2017
    Suggestions Possibility to choose the livery online and pit strategy like PC version Jun 28, 2017
    Console Lounge Possibility to save the replay in online races May 23, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Possibility to order saved replay list in game (date) Mar 21, 2017

3. Did you honestly just ask if it would be that much work to include a dozen different (fake) steering wheels for each car? LOL, Good luck with that.

rd.king, nate, AmorFati and 1 other person like this.
  4. elchshooter

You, my friend are an ignorant a-hole. The question wasn't unrealistic, no offense, no request. I just asked if there are official OR MODDING plans. In addition i doubt that you even understand, why the question is vital for VR users.
    Have a nice day.

5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

It would be the most realistic option, to see the actual wheel of the car you driving and not the toy one in your home, right?

6. elchshooter

No, but the option would be nice for VR users, because one can't see the physical wheel.

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

That's the way to get productive responses...:rolleyes:

nate, schmron, marcocale and 3 others like this.
  8. elchshooter

BTW,
    I would never reply in that way to anybody else.

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

And what happens with all the data that game wants to pass through virtual wheel, like kers on F1 wheels?

I honestly can't find a reason , why should KUNOS, invest resources on this.

Modders? Well , this will probably require, to crack KUNOS files for their cars, so good luck with that...

garyjpaterson and Horus like this.
  10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, this was covered recently cause somebody asked for help on changing steering wheels of car models.

He already got the model in, but it didn't turn.
    For this though it's necessary to crack and change the kn5 file(s).
    Such discussions aren't allowed here.

So KS won't do it and if modders will do that, then you got to look somewhere else for help.

I'm not a VR user, but I like the theory to see the wheel that is used in the real car.
    The only downside I can think of is if the DoR is off between the modeled wheel and your gaming wheel.

11. elchshooter

That, for example is an answer/critic that i understand, not the "stupid question, you fool"-thing. I just hate the way michael responds to adults, if he considers a question "invalid"

Yeah, i understand the problem with f1-type wheels. But ususlly i even once did hide the ingame wheel when using triples. And i think most people do that and see their "toy wheels".

Edit: okay, schnipp, i didn't find anything on that in the forums, so i just asked.

snyperal likes this.
  12. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

To me the question makes sense from the point of view of a VR user. I mean, AC has a lot of "buttons" for brake balance, DRS, turbo, etc. Once you wear your VR headset you can't see them.
    All the guy is asking is a graphical reproduction of a real simracing wheel, so that he has an idea of where to place his hand. Now the wheel size would be a problem for the hands animation etc.
    Still, the question makes sense.

snyperal, Schnipp and elchshooter like this.
  13. elchshooter

Exactly

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Wasn't meant to criticise you.
    I just remembered it and gave you the short conclusion of it as I'm on my phone and it's a hassle to search for the thread this way.
    Justed wanted to let you know.

elchshooter likes this.
  15. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Alright alright alright! Guys!? :p
    I admit that my first thought was on the sceptical side, but I can follow where the idea comes from. You probably need to be a VR user yourself to understand, right? ;)

But, to give a sober answer, I don´t think it´s something Kunos would invest time in even before they´ve finalized the VR features in general.
    I have a custom wheel myself, with fanatec usb hub and buttons. I´ve simply praticed to know locations of TC, ABS, brakebias etc, so I can use it blindfolded. And, because it doesn´t bother me that much that I can´t see my physical wheel, I also appreciate that I can actually see the real wheel of the car model, adding to the immersion of being in the actual car. I like I can see the differences of each car in VR, and I kind of feel that KS staff would defend keeping it that way too.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. elchshooter

Okay, so obviously no plans/possibility to see this ingame, i think i'll learn to find the buttons blindfolded too. Thanks.

Tberg likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do anyone else sometimes get a different feeling with your physical wheel depending on the car you driving?

18. Horus

Horus Alien

I do not think I have looked for a button or HUD switch on my wheel/shifter for over four years. Maybe if the dash/apps informed you of the switches and dials some wheels have that would help, but having the toy wheel in game would just break the entire immersion and beauty of the car and hours of work Kunos have put into the cockpits. Only my personal opinion, also if you know MH is going to be rude to you, why have you not ignored him?

19. elchshooter

Why should i? Forum rules say "respectful behaviour". If MH doesn't behave respectful and this isn't sanctioned, why sould i take this. As i said, I'd otherwise never treat somebody like this. I got a new fanatec wheel, with tons of buttons. In VR it's really difficult in the beginning.

20. YES, I thought I was the only one!

When I'm in the zone, my steering wheel goes into super-placebo mode and I feel the wheel of that particular car, I'm not kidding.

Something like the AMG GT3 which has a non-round wheel, when I drive it thats what I feel in my hands. And since its not round, I keep my hands on the sides at pretty much all times, like you would the real car.

Then when I'm driving the 250F, all of a sudden I feel like i'm holding the wheel of a pirate ship, huge diameter, thin rimmed etc.

The power of the imagination...

MBK72, Fat-Alfie, Blamer and 4 others like this.
  21. elchshooter

Yes, i sometimes have the same impressions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.