1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Will there ever be leaderboards in AC

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by JIJDAN, Dec 18, 2016.

1. JIJDAN

JIJDAN Racer

There are many threads and posts on this forum where people request some kind of leaderboards in Assetto Corsa. But this topic is never mentioned by Kunos.

Kunos will there ever be some kind of leaderboards in AC?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues HP Reverb G2 Camera Position Bug Jan 12, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whenever I try to play it automatically sets Magione and the Lotus Elise SC Oct 21, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC General Discussions GT4 car & livery update ever? Jul 1, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality HP reverb g2 Jun 18, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions I've about given up on my Thrustmaster TX wheel ever being seen by ACC :( Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem: new opponents every race May 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever I save a livery (in game editor) [AV interference] Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to drive with gamepad like everytime you make an update. Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC UE4 Fatal Error -ACC Crashes Everytime. Mar 26, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting I have tried every solution listed back to 2019, ACC UE4 Fatal Error Mar 18, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Hey Everyone! Mar 18, 2023

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im not Kunos so it wasnt me you asked. But I dont think so.

sirgaric likes this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

Who cares, just race! That is the whole point of AC, RACING! Merry Christmas.

Ace Pumpkin and paul_wev like this.
  5. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

An online Leaderboard in Hotlapmode could be possible in my opinion

Snowman38, ppbucko and JIJDAN like this.
  6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I cant see why not, every other racing title has them on xbox and has for years so I cant see why A/C doesn't have them. Then again the pc doesn't have them so there must be something kunos doesn't like about them. Personally I think leaderboards are great and adds more to the game, but to do leaderboards right the game has to have excellent track limits to start with. Its no good if people find short cuts, it just ruins the leaderboards to start with.

MBK72, Kembro and svenvangent like this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

PC has RSR Live Timing (mod). So maybe Kunos doesn't want to waste time on that, people who want that can use RSR. Should be a feature on consoles though, it would add more interest into hotlapping. Don't know how difficult it is to implement, might be harder than it sounds

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Radfahrer and Horus like this.
  8. JIJDAN

JIJDAN Racer

Now I'm using http://assetto-leaderboard.mygamesonline.org/index.php as a leaderboard.

When Kunos gives us UDP support we can build something which can automaticly save times to the leaderboard. UDP support is possible on console, while Project Cars got it.

9. Exup

Exup Gamer

Yes... let's just build an option called "hot-lap" and don't create a way to control our own hot-laps...
    It's simply doesn't make sense.

how hard can it be to create a database to keep our times? (even if it's harder to create an online leaderboard, at least an offline leaderboard would be the minimum acceptable on the game launch).

Let's see if Kunos can put a smile in our faces with an update on this.

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

How often do I have to see this cocnitive bias?

11. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Personally I never cared about leaderboards. All I do is enter my per car/track time combos on a spreadsheet and keep on trying to improve based on the last achievements; this way I build up my skills having my own limitations in sight.

Leaderboards are present in many games, but their accuracy is rather questionable, imo. In Project Cars, for example, it seems times are broadly ranked per category, without distinguishing cars with big individual differences within that category. Forza distinguishes cars individually, but a stock Clio will show in the same list as a Clio equipped with a Hummer's engine :); not to mention the many problems regarding track limits, different cam positions, and so on.

For all that, I never felt any need to compare my times with those of others in those games. Registering my best times on a simple spreadsheet so I can visualize them nicely compiled on a single screen is all it takes for me to know where my major weaknesses are.

I know I may have missed the point entirely and must say I respect whoever finds any joy in having an in-game leaderboard, so they can always have a new position in the big list on which to concentrate. But maybe that isn't in fact a priority in AC, where Racing is the major thing.

Dave53 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

This is an oversight and should be included. I like leaderboards to compare vehicles and personal times on the same track, rather than have to record them independently myself.

herbsti72 and Snowman38 like this.
  13. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

leader boards can add a massive amount of replayability to a game like AC.

14. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Leaderboards with downloadable ghosts and setups are great, it gives people a chance to compare what they are doing to their betters.

herbsti72, Snowman38, Kembro and 2 others like this.
  15. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

Dito. It's very good included in Dirt Rally for example

Kembro likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Weekly hotlap challenge is one of the most active threads on the entire forum so people like to hotlap and compare times.
    If I remember correctly we have had friends leaderboard or something like that in AC, where you could compare times with your friends on steam. But I think they took that away.

17. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

+100

Exactly! GT Legends had the ability to download and use other guys set-ups in different cars.. (I know that's PC and not console.. but what's the problem with getting that going on console AC?)
    I also like the ability to find guys in my range to race with and share ghosts.
    This option, well implemented, would make the game a heck of a lot better!

Also, last time I play PCars, their leaderboard system kind of sucked.. I couldn't download my real life friends ghosts to race (lining up schedules to get time to race together is hard as an adult, and being able to download their ghosts gave me another option.. but I couldn't..) for some reason I could only download the top 10 or so ghosts from any given track/car combo.. and those ghosts were doom to follow!

Allow us to download friends ghosts and set-ups please/.. even non-friends/. It would enhance this game greatly!

18. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Exactly! The masses have spoken. Listen up Kunos. (no disrespect intended, just truth) :cool:

AC is a racing game. Racing is purely about competition and trying to be better than the next guy. Lack of a leaderboard, ghosts, and set-up sharing is just amateur if you ask me. Although I think the reason it's missing is probably more to do with programming and logistics,.

19. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

It will become the most claimed feature just before the private lobbies are added to the game. They will probably arrive in the distant future.

20. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The one thing that bothers me about this game and leaderboards is that they would need to be reset after each update. This means they will remain mostly empty as they don't have time to accumulate player entries. So are they really worth the time and effort?

Pleite and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  21. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Why is that?

Of course they deserve the effort. Im not after leaderboards because of beating the best times in the worldwide board. Im after them to challenge my friends. For me leaderboards would be almost useless without some mode to challenge only your friends with the ability to configure all the variables of that challenge. Driveclub way of managing leaderboards is perfect.