1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Dear Admins: a question about Chit Chat room.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ZX636, Dec 27, 2016.

1. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

First of all, I hope you all had a great time during the last days with your friends and families.

Now, on topic: In the "Chit Chat" section, there's a thread called "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS", where people post all the infos released by devs on their personal Facebook/Twitter accounts, about upcoming content, features, fixes etc. Seems pretty useful, right? Too bad It can only be accessed by PC players, with their forum accounts associated with Steam.
    Is It possible to offer the chance to check it out to console players as well? Even a "read-only" mode would be perfectly fine. This could mean a lot for those who don't have the time to check the devs' social-media profiles every day due to different reasons, such as lack of time or lack of a FB account. Plus, It's much better to find all the infos in one single place and that's the reason why that thread exists.

I hope forum permissions can be modified to allow this.

TL;DR: Allow console users to access/read the "news from the social networks" thread.

Thanks and have a nice day.

@AC_CM505 @AC Support

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Dear Devs. You have a serious opportunity. May 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions DEAR KUNOS.. TRIPPLE SETTINGS Dec 25, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs any plan introducing safety car and pit animation? Aug 11, 2019
    ACC Physics Dear Kunos!Kindly provide steering range information for each car in ACC. Aug 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs did you have any plans to update FFB and add more effects like spin ffb signal? Mar 8, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Dear Assetto Corsa Competizione Dec 16, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Dear Santa Claus - next update PS4 Nov 14, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Dear Santa... Sep 11, 2016
    Console Lounge Dear Kunos Team Aug 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Dear customer letter? Nov 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos, franciacorta circuit going bankrupt, hurry to laserscan! Oct 31, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear santa kunos... Sep 6, 2015
    Suggestions Dear devs Jun 23, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos, be sure to save some money for this! Jun 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos Sep 27, 2014

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I was starting a thread in this section where I copied the news and pictures from that thread. When the DLC's for Porsche was going to be released it was so many new posts so it was hard to keep up. It would be a good idea to give console users access to that section, even if they dont want people without a confirmed copy to spam they can at least make it read only as you say.

4. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Awesome suggestion, no more, no less. I agree 100 percent with this request!

SlimCharles and ZX636 like this.
  5. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello There,

I've edited the forum permissions of the Chit Chat room section so that you can:
    • View the threads of the Chit Chat room section
    • View the content inside the threads of the Chit Chat room section
    You can not:
    • Reply to threads in that section
    • Open new threads in that section.
    The reason of this is because there is no verification method at the moment for Console players, therefore, we have to 'believe' everyone here has a purchased copy of the Console game.

You should be able to see the threads now and read them. Let me know.

Merry christmas
    Kevin

Dookie, bradleyland, pippo10 and 6 others like this.
  6. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, but I still see the "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action" message. I've also tried to log out and in again, but It didn't work. Any suggestions?

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Try to clear the cache in your browser

8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I get the same.

9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Yep, I cant enter neither

10. kevin.maatman

Can you retry?

11. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Logged out, cleared the cache, closed the browser and logged in again, but I still get the same error message if I try to open any thread in the chit chat room.

12. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, there is still no access to the Chit Chat Room.

13. kevin.maatman

Should be good now. Please confirm

-Kevin

Scuderia Paul, Pleite and ZX636 like this.
  14. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Can confirm that It works now. Thanks a lot!!

15. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Thanks for your initiative ZX636. Nice job!

Scuderia Paul, Traks1 and ZX636 like this.
  16. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the feedback - It's much appreciated! :) Glad to hear it's been sorted now!

Just FYI... We do our best to ensure that the news we publish on the Official AC social media channels gets posted here on the console forums too. We totally understand that not all of you have the likes of Facebook and Twitter. (Be sure to keep an eye on our pinned threads going forward!)

Thanks!

ZX636 likes this.
  17. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I do, but devs usually offer some hints about upcoming content that doesn't get posted on the official channels (like AC's Facebook/Twitter pages) until It's ready to be announced.
    For example, most people don't know there's a new fantasy track coming for free in January, because they don't know about Marco's FB account (or maybe they don't even know who Marco is).
    I'm sure this will be officially announced pretty soon, probably in a few days when Marco will post the 2017 content roadmap.
    Anyway, I appreciate your work, It's rare to see community managers so active on the forums/social networks.