1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PP effects as individual GFX options

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lawndart, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

currently, AC seems to look better without using the PP filters but you loose things like brake lights, sun rays, after fire, etc. not to mention a whole lot of performance loss.

It would be a huge optimization if features of the PP could be selected independently and the PP could just be syalized scene overlays.

Currently, any PP I use blocks out the sun and over saturate everything no matter how much I adjust settings or use PP mods. It just looks awful and is a poor reflection of how increadably nice and performant AC could be with a slightly modified approach to how gfx settings are handled.

bricky149, ChrisIhao and Stepy like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Dirt-effects on cars and windscreens Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No raineffects on screen [Resolved by removing custom Engine.ini] Mar 23, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars ghosting effects on sharp edges [TAA settings] Dec 28, 2021
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Weird effects bug/issue (HELP PLS) May 31, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T150 LUT vs Vanilla ACC feedback settings, also need some elaboration on road effects.. Aug 14, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster TX FFB effects lacking? Sep 25, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No effects from online cars Sep 18, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No water effects on track in night and rain May 30, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 0.7 Visual Damage Effects Apr 3, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Effects in replay Mar 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs did you have any plans to update FFB and add more effects like spin ffb signal? Mar 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Is there a way to turn off g-force effects/camera movements in cockpit view? Mar 8, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Better graphics effects? Mar 5, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Weather Effects to Be Further Polished? Jan 22, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Please add some more particles effects Jan 16, 2019

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Please explain.

Update your graphics drivers, do a file verification through Steam and then report back, maybe do a bug report. Sounds like a graphical bug more than anything else.

4. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Nah, it's not a bug or error between the keyboard and the floor. It's that there are a batch of settings contained in the PP setting that could be separated out giving more options to end users.

The best way to test performance is simply turning it on and off for a few laps. Also some of the pp mods remove the HDR, and other graphic intensive options in the pp and explain the gains and why. Sure, I can get a mod, but what about joe normal laptop weekend warrior?

I'm particularly sensitive to it because I'm running 3x screens with a 1080 gtx. Our league consists of 30 competitors, 15 unique cars (all with unique textures, running long races). Turning off the PP in those circumstances is easily 10-20 more FPS. Reguadless of the specifics, and I appreciate not all can run such a test, it's clear there is a bottleneck and lack of optimization of some of those effects in the pp.

I also fully appreciate how intense we are pushing AC considering iRacing can't even render more than 4 unique models?

Not sure why I just got the suggestion after years (especially considering I'm also a developer) but if Kunos segregating all the options, they could optimize them independently and increase their own overhead for the full game. Clearing the way for more features.

5. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Further: I'm not having an actual problem, just suggesting a more streamlined way to give the average player to have more control over their performance.