1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Getting the game today, should I buy Season Pass?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Jezza819, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I'm getting the game today and I was wondering if at this late stage should I go ahead and buy the season pass or just get individual DLC packs? I know for certain I want any available Porsche Pack.

ingrobny and Grijo like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Which game to play and advice for getting good Oct 9, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions Throttle not getting full in game Jan 17, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions why is getting sim racing features in this sim racing game like pulling teeth? Sep 2, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa 'crashing' after a few second of getting in game. Mar 4, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI still getting speed boost when resuming saved game Sep 19, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Getting rammed at basically every start. This is killing the game for me. Jul 2, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 Force Feedback getting weaker during gameplay Feb 15, 2017
    General modding discussion Please help getting a basic car model in game Jan 15, 2017
    Console Lounge Difficulties in getting cars back on track after a spin, main game vs online multiplayer Dec 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Poor and too many DLC in my game getting in my way. Nov 30, 2016
    Console Lounge well done dev team you done a great jobs at getting this game working on console Sep 6, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game getting stuck on "Initializing UI" May 28, 2016
    3D car models Help needed, texture and getting model in game Apr 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Having trouble getting car sorted for thisgame Mar 21, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game won't launch [Radeon Pro targetting the launcher] Feb 28, 2014

3. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

If the season pass is still on sale, you can save some money i think on the red pack and the 3 porsche dlc's, i'm going to wait till tomorrow before i decide to buy the season pass or not and see what the price is for the red pack and the second porsche pack, i have already the first porsche pack.

Jezza819 and Grijo like this.
  4. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Hi Jezza819, I know you from Pcars forum. People say if advice was a good thing, we would sell it, not give it. But here´s one: play AC for a while, see if you like it. If you like it so much that you feel that you need more, then you buy the season pass because it will worth the money. Only the finest cars, street and racing ones!

Enjoy, have fun and happy motoring!

Jezza819, Horus and ingrobny like this.
  5. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

Hahaha i forgot that :oops:, but you are right, it dosen't matter if the season pass is on sale and you can save money if you don't like the game.

Grijo and mtbwa1 like this.
  6. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

It´s because I had a bad experience doing that with Driveclub. I bought the game and the season pass...and then came the regret :(

UntrainedN00B01 and ingrobny like this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If you like the game - buy the season pass. If you dont like it - dont buy the season pass. Its that simple, really! :)

8. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I ended up buying the first Porsche Pack as a stand-alone and spent some time with it, really enjoying the individual cars. That alone made me realize the attention put into stuff.

If I did it all again, I might have bought the Prestige pack to sample since it's not in the season pass. That said, with the sale on the pass, I'm still getting the Japanese Pack, Porsche Packs II & III and the Red Pack.

The Japanese Pack is absolutely brilliant, so I have no regrets. Frankly, the MX5 and AE86 in stock form are under powered, but still have nice dynamics for learning momentum conservation (and they are more like anything I have ever driven IRL than supercars and hypercars). The one thing that AC is really missing is a Formula Atlantic/Formula Ford/Formula Vee car like the "Formula Rookie" in Project Cars. I know they aren't fast, but they are they staple of lower tier auto racing (or at least they were in the 70s and 80s). Perhaps I should spend some time with the Lotus Type 25.

Grijo and ingrobny like this.
  9. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The prestige pack according to everyone but the season pass write up is indeed included in the season pass. Just to make it clear, did you end up buying the season pass or you plan to ? If you have already try downloading the prestige pack or renew licence.

10. Horus

Horus Alien

Lotus 25, Maseratti 250F 6cyl, and the Tatuus are all really good open wheelers to learn in. Great little cars.

ingrobny and Grijo like this.
  11. AndyB16

AndyB16 Simracer

I've never been a big fan of Porsche. They've always looked nice and performed well, they just never did anything for me in games. Assetto has totally changed that. I got the Porsche pack 1 on a whim and it's incredible. The pure driving feel of these cars is great.

I also bought the Japanese pack because, Supra. And I've always loved basically all the cars in it and it did not dissapoint. It's probably my favorite car pack of any game I've ever gotten. Assetto makes driving anything super fun.

After I bought those, I still found it worth getting the season pass since it was on sale and I know I'll enjoy anything they throw at us. Though deep down I'm holding out hope for a mkii mr2 turbo, especially with a tuned version, though I know it probably won't happen :(

Jezza819, ingrobny and Horus like this.
  12. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I bought the Season Pass after buying Porsche Pack 1.

I have read that on PS4,some folks were able to buy the Season Pass then download the Prestige Pack as well (I think they had to install it before installing the pass). I have an XBOX one so when I go to the Prestige Pack in the store, it still has a price. The Season Pack makes no mention of including the Prestige Pack, so I'm not bothered by it. I think it must have been a PS4 thing.

Grijo likes this.
  13. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I'm going in with a positive outlook. But I do intend on driving a few things before making up my mind.

14. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

I think the season pass is well worth the money, totally pleased so far.

Jezza819 and ingrobny like this.
  15. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I'm drooling to put my hands in the Maserati, only a few hours to do it :cool:

Horus, Scuderia Paul and ingrobny like this.
  16. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I hope you enjoy Jezza, if you need any help, just ask and I'll be glad to.

ingrobny likes this.
  17. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

a would get it with season pass as think it runs out later today so get it now when its cheap

18. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

Just an update, i just bought the season pass and saved 1,- NOK on the red pack and porsche pack 2, with porsche pack 3 if it will cost 58,- NOK, i will save 59,- NOK total :).

Radfahrer and Grijo like this.
  19. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I only had a short time to play the game last night. I guess since there have been a few updates to it since it was released it took nearly 45 minutes to install. I only drove the Alfa 4C and the BMW GT3 at Monza GP. I was only using a basic setup with FFB at 100 and everything else at 0 and my Project Cars settings on my wheel. I ended up reducing FFB down to 35 which felt too weak for the GT3 car so I'm definitely going to have to get in there and tinker a little.

But on first impression I think it's already better than Forza.

20. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I have Kerbs and Road feedback somewhere in the 40-50 range and I think Overall was dialed back to about 80%. I don't really like the slip FFB, but that may because I am running with Understeer Effects on. Turning those on almost feel like a cheat because you get a much clearer fell from the limit of traction.

Grijo, Jezza819 and ingrobny like this.
  21. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I played Forza Motorsport 3 and 4 until I was tired to see those games, I always loved Forza, and still love. It's a different catch, the thing in AC is quality, not numbers. I confess, the handle of the road cars is something that I never find in another game...but I still love to catch the Dodge Dart Hemi and go sideways while I race in Sebring :cool:

I'm using a G29 wheel with the master in 100, the rest in 0, understeer = off. For me works great :)

ingrobny likes this.