1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Rather disappointed with latest update release notes

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Chris White, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Chris White

Chris White Gamer

Hello Kuno

While i love your work, and progress ... i can only say and feel that the latest update is just a money grab via DLC

Yes we all want new cars & tracks (and yes i am a day 1 Season pass holder ), i have to say i will part with no more cash until some serious effort is put into fixing the "missing" parts

1) User customizable button mapping - this isn't 1980
    2) Exposing the UDP , so we can use tablet apps
    3) Private lobbies

Overall i am happy with the games physics , i believe you really do have a winner here .. however just pushing updates so you can sell DLC is a kick in the teeth

BTW : i am a developer myself of 30years , any developer worth their salt can add user mapping and enable keyboard support in a matter of a hr

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Imola - please sooner rather than later. Take my money if necessary Jul 26, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Programmer challenge :P Render different view rather than HMD mirror in VR ! Feb 27, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec CSR wheel now showing speed rather than gear since patch 1.12 Feb 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Timed Races rather than laps? Aug 2, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues [Oculus] 1.7.3 Godrays rendered from all angles rather than just from sun Jul 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Mod Series rather than just cars Mar 4, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Assigning Throttle/Brake to buttons rather than Axis Feb 19, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What would you rather have more of, car mods or track mods? Jun 23, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues [request][rant] force-based, rather than position based, input for gamepads Dec 24, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Is anyone else faster with the gt2 cars rather than the gt3 ones? Dec 15, 2014
    Screens & Videos No Place I'd Rather Be - AC Drift Mar 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room What is this obsession with super shiny cars rather than realism? Dec 6, 2013
    Chit Chat Room Can you play with Dual Screen rather than triple? Nov 18, 2013
    Chit Chat Room Speed Hacker Spotted Disappointed Nov 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Very disappointed Jun 30, 2020

3. Nevermind, with your attitude you can figure it out for yourself.

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

So I take it Kunos shouldn't update the game for a few years until they made the perfect game because anything else is a cash grab. I understand the argument against offering DLC after a bad launch but not releasing patches because they don't fix everything immediately? Well I guess it'd spare Kunos the cost of approval every time.

5. Chris White

Chris White Gamer

My point is there is nothing in this release (outside of some small fixes), other than DLC releases

There is nothing requested by the community being implemented or addressed in this release.

as i stated, even offering customizable controls (even adding calibration of controls) .. is not a huge development task

while i do love this game and its physics , just offering DLC without even trying to fix some the call outs is a low swing for cash only
    (i also stated i am a Developer of 30 years , so i know how the industry works )

6. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

My guess is console dev time is being used up on the multiplayer side of things.

Spitfire77 and Chris White like this.
  7. Chris White

Chris White Gamer

Oh thats a good guess, and yes huge development requirement .. but adding say button mapping/calibration , UDP broadcast is a very small effort

from my view, not trying to do this and "holding" all the requested items back instead of just releasing patches for DLC only is what choked

8. If it's such a small effort then code it up over a lunch break and send it to them, maybe they will give you a free DLC pack or something for your hours worth of work.

jelydonut, UntrainedN00B01 and Horus like this.
  9. Chris White

Chris White Gamer

Clearly you have zero knowledge on development, but here it is for them in pseudo code

enum accel = 0;
    enum brake = 1;
    char[] buttons[] = new chat()[COUNT];

//default setup
    init()
    {
    button[accel] = 'x';
    button[brake] = 'y';
    }

changebutton(int index, char key)
    {
    button[index] = key
    }

getbutton(int index)
    {
    return[index];
    }

.. yes this needs a UI , and "user" pref storage, manage duplicated key selection etc .. but thats a very basic key mapping in under 5mins

Yes they will need to change the code at "access" the control in a hardcode way ... however this is very very simple

RunKillCapture, ZX636, JIJDAN and 2 others like this.
  10. Horus

Horus Alien

It would be nice to hear what has been fixed or made better. You know the stuff that has made the game play better, what has been improved, what has been updated. But hey lets beehatch some more.

P.S. THIS IS A VALID QUESTION FROM US ELITE PC OWNERS. Is UDP broadcasting allowed within the console environment, is it under the same strict rules/guidelines as the game itself?

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  11. At the moment keyboard support can't be added to the Xbox one version until Microsoft make changes at their end. I got proved right I said people will move to complaining about other stuff once more content gets added it seems to be a continuous circle, complain about dlc.... Dlc gets added move on to complain about other things

12. Horus

Horus Alien

Send in your CV, good luck with your new job. :)

Minolin and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  13. Chris White

Chris White Gamer

UDP was implemented with some ease (according to the devs) on pCars , so there is a precedence here ... while this is a small to medium size task ,its certainly not impossible

14. Chris White

Chris White Gamer

I have a job ;) but thanks for the reference :p ..

Seriously i am not bashing them , i am suggesting they pick up some of the smaller asks in each release ... thats all it will take
    (and yes i hear they are a small team , but again some of the asks can be done by a single engineer in a small amount of time)

svenvangent and Snowman38 like this.
  15. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

If you check this post, it appears that there is one developer sitting down to work on Private Lobbies....
    COMMUNITY BLOG - Assetto Corsa Wins GOTY Award, Porsche Pack Vol.2, The Red Pack & Private Lobbies

16. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Looks like a pretty good comeback to me :cool:

And for all guys complaining about this thread.. Chris is raising a valid point. It's the second most requested item for months now! And although I'm not a coder, I know guys who do this stuff and I agree with Chris, it's not THAT difficult to pull off.. (I don't know how correct it is, but) See above!

Personally I have no use for custom button mapping at the moment. But I'm just thinking about all of you guys who have asked for it.. I would think you'd have gotten it by now.

I do however disagree with the cash grab bit.. Personally, I'm more than happy to be getting more cars. I'd like to see more tracks (2 more are stated to be releasing soon, and that's fantastic!)...

But I've only been playing this game for the past 3 or 4 months.. I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be interested in hot lapping myself, because the online lobby system is garbage. Just saying. So maybe cut the guy some slack, especially if he knows what he's talking about and custom button mapping isn't that hard.

RunKillCapture and HOOK Airs (?) like this.
  17. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

Sorry but i don't miss any of that and it's up to us if we want to buy the dlc's or not, i don't even have season pass yet, but i have bought all dlc's on PS4, i'm happy for the update, so i can buy the red pack and porsche pack 2 tomorrow and use it in the new special events races which i expect is updated in this update.

Snowman38 likes this.
  18. Snowman38

I'd like to add.. Are there at least "notes" this time around? Because last update was still showing the previous build's specs on the news screen for the longest time!

It doesn't take too much thinking to get the impression that this game is not being programmed by a dream team. I hate to say that, because the game and the work that these guys are doing in some areas is just freaking fantastic!!! But they clearly need either more man power, or at least one more guy that knows how to smooth a game out.

19. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

Yes on Xbox One there is new notes, we have to wait to tomorrow to see if the notes is there for us on PS4, i still have 10.3 patch notes on my PS4 :(.

Assetto Corsa_29.jpg

Snowman38 likes this.
  20. Snowman38

Also glad to be receiving an update either way :)
    Looking forward to the new cars.

Chris White and ingrobny like this.
  21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I cant help to believe that it isnt as easy as
    "enum accel = 0;
    enum brake = 1;
    char[] buttons[] = new chat()[COUNT];

//default setup
    init()
    {
    button[accel] = 'x';
    button[brake] = 'y';
    }

changebutton(int index, char key)
    {
    button[index] = key
    }

getbutton(int index)
    {
    return[index];
    }"
    because then it would already been done.

Horus and Tomcul like this.